My gamertag was changed and then taken by another account

Discus and support My gamertag was changed and then taken by another account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Recently my ex logged into my account, changed my gamertag, and then made a new account with it. I was wondering if theres any way to revert it? I use... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by McKenzie Zarate, Nov 5, 2023.

1. My gamertag was changed and then taken by another account

Recently my ex logged into my account, changed my gamertag, and then made a new account with it. I was wondering if theres any way to revert it? I use the name Advianza for a lot of things since I forget things easily, so having it reverted back would mean a lot.

:)

McKenzie Zarate, Nov 5, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello McKenzie Z, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems with your gamertag on Xbox Live. If your ex-partner has logged into your account, she has changed your gamertag, and created a new account with that gamertag, here are some suggestions on what you can do:

Change your password: The first thing you should do is change your Xbox Live account password to make sure your ex-partner can't access your account again. This will prevent you from making additional changes.

Contact Xbox Live Support: Contact Xbox Live Support immediately to inform them of the situation. Explain in detail what has happened, including your ex's action of changing your gamertag and creating a new account with it. Provide as much relevant information as you can, such as the email associated with your account and any proof of ownership you may have.

Provide proof of ownership: If you have proof of ownership of your account, such as receipts from previous purchases or any other information that shows that the account belongs to you, be sure to provide it to Xbox Live Support. This can help verify your identity as the rightful owner of the account and support your request to revert the gamertag change.
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag

Follow the instructions from Xbox Live Support: Xbox Live Support will guide you through the process necessary to resolve the issue. Follow their instructions and provide them with any additional information they ask for. Please note that the process may take time and you may need to be patient as you work with support to resolve the issue.

Remember that Xbox Live support is the appropriate entity to help you in this type of situation. They have the necessary resources and authority to investigate and take appropriate action. I hope you can solve the problem and get your original gamertag back.

Best regards.
  3. SpiredBarrel531 Win User

gamertag was changed creating new profile.

My Microsoft account now has a gamertag of xyz when it use to be "andy". If I try and change to andy I get the message "andy is taken. Please try another."
  4. GrubbiestEmu Win User

Changing my Gamertag (taken or not taken?)

Already taken as Gamertag: B Lights. The system doesn't count spaces or capitals.
  5. Assassin-7DEB02B5-24 Win User

It can be used by a Zune subscriber, Bungie.net account holder, banned or in limbo (i.e. original XBOX account that has not been converted over to XBOX 360). It can be associated with an account in another country. Or the user's profile who owns that account
    is configured to prevent any public view via xbox.com or other sites (zune, bungie, etc).

google "blights gamertag"

It's simply not available.
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

Here's a bit on GTs from
    our guide
    :

I can't change my Gamertag (GT).

Just because you can't friend request a GT doesn't mean it is available. First of all, all GT are tied to services like Zune or Games for Windows LIVE. If a GT doesn't exist on Xbox, it might be in use on one of those services. Also, spaces and capitalization
    are not considered when looking for available GTs. For example, "Major Nelson" is the same as "MajorNelson" is the same as "MaJoR nElSoN". Basically if the service says the GT isn't available, it isn't available.

I heard old GTs are being re-added. When will "This GT" be available?

There is no schedule or estimated dates for when certain GTs will become available again. GTs are not an on-demand service. They will be available when they are available.
Thema:

1. My gamertag was changed and then taken by another account - Similar Threads - gamertag was changed

2. How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag"

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag": i am stuck on the "Change Xbox Gamertag" and i cant leave it even if i go to "https://social.xbox.com/profile" and i would like to know how to leave the screen bbe80b5e-113f-4686-a882-7c9a530120c7
  3. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  7. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  8. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  9. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  10. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...