My gamertag isn’t updating anywhere

Discus and support My gamertag isn’t updating anywhere in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I paid money to change my gamertag (XD Chasey) maybe over a week ago now for the primary reason of changing my fortnite name. I made the switch to the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Caiden Pym, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Caiden Pym
    Caiden Pym Guest

I paid money to change my gamertag (XD Chasey) maybe over a week ago now for the primary reason of changing my fortnite name. I made the switch to the gamertag (MY5TERYツ) However, my Fortnite name did not change and neither did my name on any other game. Can someone please get back to me and explain what is going on?

:)

Caiden Pym, Jan 4, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

You can change your display name through Epic independent of your gamertag and that should update your name in Fortnite. https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-U...y-name-a5720285595291?sessionInvalidated=true

If you want to update it anywhere else on Xbox, you'd have to pay to change it again. The system does usually show a warning when you change your tag. It basically shows you how it will show in certain areas versus how it will show in others.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Since you used a special character, your account will keep your old gamertag as well for use in areas that aren't updated to work with the newer gamertag policy.
  4. Caiden Pym Win User

Changing my epic games display name will not benefit me in any way towards this situation as the Xbox gamertag will always overpower.

I am very convinced there was no warning on how my display name will show on relevant games and I would not be happy having to pay even more money to change my name again. That is ridiculous.
  5. Caiden Pym Win User

I have seen other fortnite names with that character though how come they are supported? Also why wouldn’t I have been given that warning beforehand, will I have to pay again to change it to something acceptable?
  6. VickiiJane Win User

Charged for GT change but no changes been made

No my new gamertag change isn’t there.
Thema:

1. My gamertag isn’t updating anywhere - Similar Threads - gamertag isn’t updating

2. How to make a fresh microsft account with no gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make a fresh microsft account with no gamertag: I need to know for my account recovery I'm stuck on make a fresh account for account recovery but I signed into outlook emails thro the email will that immediately associated a xbox gamertag I...
  3. Gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag: I'm looking for a new gamertag I currently have ZombieMom but I don't know if it's good or not. I love batman and zombies I'm a streamer I stream on twitch and post stuff on youtube and tiktok any...
  4. How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag"

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag": i am stuck on the "Change Xbox Gamertag" and i cant leave it even if i go to "https://social.xbox.com/profile" and i would like to know how to leave the screen bbe80b5e-113f-4686-a882-7c9a530120c7
  5. Gamertag not available after logging out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag not available after logging out?: I was making a gamertag for my wife and it was available but when we were choosing her profile pic I logged out of the screen, and then all of a sudden it wasn't available anymore. Even though it...
  6. My Gamertag Isn’t Changing

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamertag Isn’t Changing: Just one or two hours ago I decided to change my gamertag on Xbox. It is now 9:49 and I still haven’t received the change I was wondering if I could fix this or should I request a refund?...
  7. I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken

in XBoX Accessibility
    I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken: So I have two microsoft accounts. One setup for minecraft, one for almost all other games i play. The thing is, I have a new gamertag I use on other platforms, and so while I try to change my...
  8. This gamertag isn’t allowed. Try a different one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    This gamertag isn’t allowed. Try a different one.: Can’t change my gamer tag to a new tag with “Sm3xy” in it even though it’s already in my current gamer tag. Ive tried to pair it with everything but it just doesn’t seem to like the word “Sm3xy”....
  9. My gamertag in Minecraft isn’t right

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My gamertag in Minecraft isn’t right: I got given an auto-generated gamertag when signing up in minecraft (Pocket edition) as everyone does because to sign up I made an account. I then didn’t edit my auto-generated gamertag...
  10. A username isn’t available but no one has the gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    A username isn’t available but no one has the gamertag: So i just switched to Xbox from PS4 and i wanted to use the name BudderBalz. I tried to make it my gamertag but it didnt work. So i looked to see if anyone has that gamertag and no one has it. Its...