My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my...

Discus and support My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I just paid to have my gamer tag changed but instead I got what seems like two different gamer tags on top of each other with my old one being on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BassamKhamis, Nov 10, 2023.

1. BassamKhamis
    BassamKhamis Guest

My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my...

So I just paid to have my gamer tag changed but instead I got what seems like two different gamer tags on top of each other with my old one being on top and the new below. I want to get rid of the old one completely I didn't pay to 10 bucks to get two names. I decided to restart my console and now all any signs of a gamer tag change has disappeared and only my old gamer tag remains as if nothing happened

:)

BassamKhamis, Nov 10, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my new one)

Hi BassamKhamis, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

According to information obtained online on the official Xbox page, this could be the reason:

If your gamertag uses non-Latin characters, your old gamertag will still appear for older classic experiences, such as some Xbox games and websites, while your new gamertag will appear in modern experiences, such as your Xbox console and Xbox console. Applications for PC and mobiles.

If you want to take a look at the page, you can access the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/gamertag-update-faq

If this still doesn't completely answer your question, you can take a look at the following Microsoft community thread, where a user presented a similar problem and mentions some solutions to this problem:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ng-above/3ebc9c07-6bc9-4063-bbaf-bb7a12c8c35f

If this information was useful to you, let me know and if you need more help I will be attentive to continue helping you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. nsxgear Win User

Why is my gamertag not updating?

On top of this, when I go to try and exchange my gamertag again, it has my old one. When I click the Xbox logo in the top left, it resets the page and has my new gamertag for a second then goes back to my old one. When I try to change to my new gamertag it then wants me to pay for it. What do I do?
  4. KavxA Win User

Got a new gamertag a week and a half ago but it shows below my old one when you view my profile and when I join parties my old one shows up. Anyone know how I make my new gamertag my main?

Update: it has been 2-3 weeks since I changed my gamertag and still no change , the old one is still showing up as my main.
  5. ItsFinThePin Win User

Xbox app gamertag

My old name was WaVy_BoI#3140

i changed it as part if the new gamertag thing but then i payed like £10 to change it to a different name and now my stupid old one shows up on app for me and other people
  6. OreoE Win User

Revert Gametag

So I Changed My GamerTag Because I Didn't Like The Previous One.. So When Changed It It Got Number After The Name Which I Don't Like.. Is There Anyway To Revert Back To The Old GT Without Paying?? Please Help!
    Unfortunately you cannot revert to an old gamertag without purchasing ... once you change your gamertag it becomes available to any and everyone in the xbox community.
Thema:

1. My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my... - Similar Threads - Gamertag didn't change

2. My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?: Hi; question is in the title. I had my username but I really didn't like it. So I changed it for $9.99 and thought everything was good. But when I looked to see if it changed, I saw that it...
  3. Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose my it coz I've just...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose my it coz I've just...: Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose it coz I've just only brought this account 4255addd-2661-4f2e-88ce-8eed063fdf7f
  4. I bought a gamertag change but my gamertag didn't change, so I bought another assuming I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a gamertag change but my gamertag didn't change, so I bought another assuming I...: I bought a gamertag change but my gamertag didn't change, so I bought another assuming I wasn't charged for the first but I was. How can I get a refund for one of them?...
  5. Gamertag change didn't worked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag change didn't worked: Hi, I just tried to change my old gamertag with the free change but after confirming the change, my old gamertag was back (no change) and I do not have the free change anymore... Is it possible...
  6. I changed my gamertag but it didn't change on my profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag but it didn't change on my profile.: So I changed my gamertag from Isk4182 to Fortfire304 and in my games, when I play them, it shows Fortfire304, which is correct. But when I go onto my xbox profile it still says Isk4182. Can anyone...
  7. I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.: Hello, I paid the amount of 10 euros to change my gamertag, but it did not change. Order number: [mod removed] Acquisition date: Thursday, June 8, 2023 The email address of the account...
  8. After paying $9.99 TWICE, my Gamertag didn't change. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    After paying $9.99 TWICE, my Gamertag didn't change. Why?: How do I change my Gamertag name? I paid $9.99 TWICE (2 days in a row) and my tag didn't change. What did I do wrong? Can someone please help me? Xbox S 1ae7b044-d5ae-401d-b402-ff71ec23141c
  9. I bought a gamertag change and it charged me and didn't change my name.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a gamertag change and it charged me and didn't change my name.: I bought a gamertag change and it charged me and didn't change my name. 5e714d34-a384-4b7c-a790-c8dff42545be
  10. My gamertag didn't change!

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag didn't change!: I have already used my free gamertag change a long time ago but I wanted to change my name again, so I checked if the name was available, it was, I paid the ammount required and it took the money...