My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed?

Discus and support My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I paid the (ridiculous) $10 fee to change my gamertag and it updated briefly, however upon restarting my Xbox hours later it has changed back to my old... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Citiznn, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Citiznn
    Citiznn Guest

I paid the (ridiculous) $10 fee to change my gamertag and it updated briefly, however upon restarting my Xbox hours later it has changed back to my old one and the new one I chose is appearing as available in the profile customizer.

:)

Citiznn, Nov 7, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Citiznn, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem, the first thing I am going to suggest is that you look for your Gamertag payment in the transaction history of your Xbox account, to see if it appears as completed or if there was an error in the payment (I understand that I had already accepted the change, but sometimes this error usually happens in the system).

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

Note: Remember to place the search filters correctly, so that all transactions appear and not just those from the last 3 months.

If the transaction appears as completed, try changing the Gamertag again (This time it should not charge you anything), if it asks you to pay again I suggest you contact support directly.

Support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Please note that in this public community forum, we are just players like you trying to help and guide other players. This means that we do not have access to other accounts or access to other users' information.

Happy to help you, if you have any other questions, do not hesitate to tell me, I will be happy to continue helping you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. A Groped Goomba Win User

TO ENFROCEMENT

Last night (29/6/2015 at around 11:45pm) The enforcement team changed my gamertag. I have had that gamertag for a long time and I paid to to get it. I want that gamertag back because there is no problem with that gamertag otherwise it would have been changed
    sooner. If you dont change it back, I demand a refund of the price I paid to get it.
  4. xTye Win User

Gamertag Changed

It looks like someone paid and changed it. Unfortunately, you'll need to pay to change it back to the previous gamertag.
  5. Ondrashek06 Win User

Number tag after gamertag

Even when going to the paid GT change page, it still tries to stick numbers after my old GT that I want to change back to.
  6. steadydecline Win User

My Gamertag reset to my old one

The main issue is they took the money and the change did not happen. Any game that supports the new Gamertag system will, in fact, show the Gamertag I paid to change from.

The issue users are reporting do not want the "new" format. They paid to go back to the old format.
    They took the money and change DID happen on the new Gamertag system.

The thing is, that a lot more people wanted a change with the Gamertag system, so Xbox listened and created the new Gamertag system to please the majority of people that wanted to have their desired Gamertag, even if someone already has that Gamertag.

But as it is with everything else: You can't please every single person. A company as big as Microsoft has to make decisions based on what the majority wants.

If only a few people had complained about the current Gamertag system, Xbox would have saved a lot of money and work and kept the old system. But so many people wanted a change, so they got the new system.

You are not understanding the issue.

This an edge case where users used the free "new" Gamertag change. But then was allowed to pay to change back to an old 15 char name. After the new update users are now seeing the original "new" Gamertag again sometimes months after paying for the old one
    back.
Thema:

1. My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed? - Similar Threads - gamertag changed paid

2. My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?: Hi; question is in the title. I had my username but I really didn't like it. So I changed it for $9.99 and thought everything was good. But when I looked to see if it changed, I saw that it...
  3. I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...: I changed my gamertag and paid for it (money has been taken etc) but the change is not reflected- it's still what it was before. 3f37bd1d-e022-4591-9ca3-d241b1a9d888
  4. I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt: On October 2nd I paid for the gamertag change. In some areas like the microsoft store the name was changed however in the xbox store and site where you request a name change it has not been...
  5. I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...: I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it was completed. Whats the deal? 403afaa3-1e91-47f6-a538-8e5d7e0d6aff
  6. I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed: I have been waiting for more than 24 hours for my Gamertag to be changed in the games and still nothing, I need urgent help, I don't want to lose my money. If anyone knows anything please tell...
  7. I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?: Hello, I recently paid to change my gamertag, and after some time it has only partially taken effect. The new gamertag correctly appears: In most games Everywhere on xbox.com, and other...
  8. Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated: Gamertag still hasn't updated almost a day later 800a9ee0-03fe-421e-868b-01f92c7b2f43
  9. Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...: As the title says. Wanted to change my username to "" and i did some looking up and found that it was not taken by another account, after I paid the fee I found that it still added the numbers...
  10. I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.: Hello, I paid the amount of 10 euros to change my gamertag, but it did not change. Order number: [mod removed] Acquisition date: Thursday, June 8, 2023 The email address of the account...