My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate

Discus and support My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate fc48839a-c898-49d5-9762-9f031e360e2b Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rolydog, Nov 24, 2023.

1. Rolydog
    Rolydog Guest

My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate

:)

Rolydog, Nov 24, 2023
  2. Rolydog Win User

Hi

Thank you for your reply

My controller is an Amazon Luna and it works fine with MSFS on my Samsung Smart TV and with all other games on my PC

But MSFS crashes if I open with the controller already paired with my pc or if I connect after opening the simulator

It is almost impossible to control within MSFS with a keyboard

MY Luna is running with the latest updates

Any suggestions?
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this on your Microsoft Flight Simulator game. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

If I may ask, does this happen to all of your games or just specifically to MSFS?

Kindly try to update your Xbox controller's firmware, here's how:

Update your controller on Windows 10/11 by using the Xbox Accessories app:

If you don’t already have the app installed, get it in the Store:

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NBLGGH30XJ3?hl=en-us&gl=SA

Open the Xbox Accessories app.
    Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
    When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Things to keep in mind:

The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10/11.
    Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.

Then check if the game crash would still occur in-game upon using an Xbox controller.

You may also check this link for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r/c6993dc2-be6c-4832-8911-1ceabd061cd7?page=1

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I appreciate the response!

According to users who managed to solve the issue:

"I had this happen to me two times, I think.

Since then I have only been running Flight Simulator in windowed mode (I multitask and do other stuff while flying, using multiple monitors) and as long as I make sure some other window is in focus when I turn on the controller again, it doesn't seem like it crashes the flight simulator.

Basically, this happens when I make a long flight using autopilot and the controller turns itself off because it has been idle for too long. I just click in a browser (or some other app) and hold the Xbox button on the controller. I then wait 10 seconds or so before going back to the flight simulator."

"I ended up using the windowed method that you suggested at my full-screen resolution and worked like a charm for me but it really detracts from the immersion. "

Kindly try the method above for us to isolate the issue further and check if the game would not crash using an Xbox controller.

For reference link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r/c6993dc2-be6c-4832-8911-1ceabd061cd7?page=1

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  5. LuongVC Win User

Wireless Xbox One Controller Not Connecting

I only have one wireless controller, and one bluetooth controller unfortunately. The bluetooth controller works on all devices.

I purchased the wireless xbox one controller for the pc when it first release support for the PC. Years later, I purchased the bluetooth controller dedicated to use on my laptop when I'm on the move.

These days, I primarily use my bluetooth gamepad on my android tablet for android games, but I recently subscribe to Ultimate Game Pass to play on my tablet.
  6. Nkosana23 Win User

My MSFS Crashes when i plug an Xbox controller in it

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Is your MSFS crashing on PC or Xbox? Can you try start it with the controller already plugged in since you say it crashes when you plug in the controller.

You can also try uninstall and reinstall the game.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate - Similar Threads - Gamepad Controller causes

2. how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?: Hello, I've been playing Sea of Thieves on the xbox console for a long time, but I always didn't like the sensitivity of the gamepad while playing. when you have pvp with a person playing on a PC,...
  3. The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console: I received a gamepad as a gift, and it worked for a while. But today I discovered that it no longer connects to the console. If I connect it by wire, the console says that it is an unauthorized...
  4. Xbox gamepad replacement issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamepad replacement issue: My Xbox gamepad has developed a drift issue, and I'm not sure what category to select for replacement. Is it normal that 'wireless controller' isn't listed? (translate)...
  5. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  6. Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).: Hello. Share button does work with cable plugged In but when through Bluetooth does not. Yesterday was all OK. And in game after pressing share button, pointer starts to freak out and control...
  7. Is It Time for the Next Xbox Controller Gamepad to Be the Dream Gamepad Incorporating the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is It Time for the Next Xbox Controller Gamepad to Be the Dream Gamepad Incorporating the...: Hello Microsoft friends. Suggesting that next Xbox gamepad controller this year be it the Elite or the regular Xbox Series have all that gamers want but all leveled up to 3 levels: a) all the...
  8. X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc: [img] i want to connect a X3 controller to my pc via Bluetooth and its asking for a pin yesterday it connected without any pin but this time its asking for pin i tried the one time code(OTP)...
  9. getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running...

in XBoX on Consoles
    getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running...: getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running windows 11, driver installing the relevant cab, no joy. Any help woud be appreciated....
  10. It's possible to remote control the tv with the xbox gamepad?

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's possible to remote control the tv with the xbox gamepad?: Hi, I have a samsung tv, I am using xbox netflix app and I want to control the volume of the tv through my xbox remote Is that possible? How can I do it? I followed some tutorials and the xbox...