my game was install won't launch after windows update

Discus and support my game was install won't launch after windows update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hello, I have problem with my game that I have install from steam after launch windows update. Before windows update, i play that game like normal.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Muhamad Yusof Aizize, Nov 19, 2023.

1. my game was install won't launch after windows update

hello,

I have problem with my game that I have install from steam after launch windows update. Before windows update, i play that game like normal. then after windows update, it can't launch. I try uninstall update but it still same. Can who can read this help me solve my problem. I buy that game. Watchdog 2 legion. I really need your help

:)

Muhamad Yusof Aizize, Nov 19, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

Here are a few troubleshooting tips you can try to resolve your query:
    - Restart your device.
    - Update your device drivers.
    - Try using the Xbox app.
    - Sign into the Xbox app and Store using the same account.
    - Update Gaming Services apps.
    - Remove and reinstall Gaming Services.
    - Make sure your date and time is correct.
    - Disable your antivirus.
    - Repair and reset the steam.

For more details on the above and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

I hope this helps.
  3. 007911999 Win User

Newly installed PC Game Pass games will not launch since Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5014697) anyone know of a fix?

Right, I uninstalled Windows Update KB5014697 and all games are now launching fine.

KB5014697 is definitely breaking Game Pass games that are installed "after" applying that update.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

mandatory update to microsoft flight simulator 2020

Hi,

When you launch the game, the update message appears, pressing 'OK' on the update message should automatically load the Windows store. Make sure the update isn't paused, mine was. The update is just over 300 MB After this, launch the game. An install prompt
    will show up. The game will then load you should also get a notification from Windows Defender, press OK on this too.

This will then take you to the second part of the update, it's not very large. After this is installed you should be able to play again.
  5. skipup Win User

mandatory update to microsoft flight simulator 2020

Hi,

When you launch the game, the update message appears, pressing 'OK' on the update message should automatically load the Windows store. Make sure the update isn't paused, mine was. The update is just over 300 MB After this, launch the game. An install prompt
    will show up. The game will then load you should also get a notification from Windows Defender, press OK on this too.

This will then take you to the second part of the update, it's not very large. After this is installed you should be able to play again.
    Thanks a bunch.

Chester Wells
  6. DiamondTech Win User

Problems launching Games

First of all, thanks for the quick reply.

Windows is up-to-date according to Windows Update.

Updated the graphics driver, but still the same issue

Sfc found something and repaired it, after a quick restart the Xbox app still refuses to launch any of the game listed unfortunately though.

Edit: Oh and yes the games install successfully, they just don't launch at all, not even an Error Message
Thema:

1. my game was install won't launch after windows update - Similar Threads - game was install

2. Comparison of installed games between friends library’s

in XboX Insiders
    Comparison of installed games between friends library’s: Hey just an idea I thought would be cool, for years with my friends nearly every week or month when we get bored of a game we always ask what games the other has installed, there’s a way to check...
  3. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...
  4. Installed game code Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition on Xbox1 - then realised not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installed game code Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition on Xbox1 - then realised not...: My son got an xbox one for his birthday. An uncle emailed him a game code for Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition that same day. We entered the game code not knowing that this game is not compatible...
  5. I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...: when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put it on my internal storage. Is there a way to...
  6. Xbox One wont install disk games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wont install disk games.: When I try to install a game to my xbox one using a disk it always says installation failed when it reaches around 5 percent, I have tried with multiple disks and none work, some download more...
  7. xbox app partial game install on pc.cant find it or delete it

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app partial game install on pc.cant find it or delete it: as the question says.need to remove it 226b4b41-8d70-4888-94e3-8a8358256ccf
  8. Games not Installing from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Games not Installing from Microsoft Store: I have been having an issue with the Microsoft Store where I cannot install any games. When I click the install button on any game, it goes from green to gray, and no action is performed. I,...
  9. My game is not fully installed even though I uninstalled it how do I fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    My game is not fully installed even though I uninstalled it how do I fix it?: Recently I Had installed ARK: Survival evolved but had an issue and decided to uninstall it and then reinstall it however when I "Uninstalled it" it did not uninstall, It was through the xbox app...
  10. I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help

in XBoX on Windows
    I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help: I play virtual gaming and I am having a hard time downloading the game and I need help if someone can help me please? 85094ede-f6b5-425c-b2ad-fc8e15617c7d