My game pass pc wont let me install games on my external sandisk extreme ssd .

Discus and support My game pass pc wont let me install games on my external sandisk extreme ssd . in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; so im in a situation where inside game pass settings i can select and pick the my external ssd drive but as soon as i go to download it will onlyshow... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sudaraka, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Sudaraka
    Sudaraka Guest

so im in a situation where inside game pass settings i can select and pick the my external ssd drive but as soon as i go to download it will onlyshow my c drive . for further clarification , im running windows on a 2019 macbook pro with a intel and amd graphics and my external drive is on ExFat format

:)

Sudaraka, Jul 24, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

windows won't install games to exfat partitions (even though the xbox console uses exfat), ntfs would be the best choice, windows is very picky.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello Sudaraka, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Open the Xbox app, and go to Settings. You should see where the default location of games is installed to. Change this if it is on your C drive. Please make sure to set the app to ask you every time where to install a game, as it may still install smaller games to your C drive.

Please note that you'll need to format your external drive to NTFS instead of ExFat for this to work. And lastly not all games will install to your external drive as some games will only work from your C drive.

Hope this helps.

Jesse.
  4. Ultimategamer1 Win User

Xbox One S - external SDD drive

Hello Mr. Angeli I have found a few 3rd party SSD's that work with the console without issue. My recommendation is Seagate SSD's I have had my 5TB SSD for 4 years and it continues to work without issues. This is a powered SSD the uses a plug for the wall
    to power the device but my assumption is your 128GB SSD will not need an external power source and the USB connection will be power enough. The other two SSD's I would also recommend are Samsung and SanDisk extreme portable SSD, those brands have been known
    to function well with Xbox. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Here is an additional link where you can find other SSD's as well https://hddmag.com/best-external-ssds-for-xbox-one/
  5. AnonymousQH Win User

Can't install games on my external ssd even if I have 1TB of space left and hundreds of games already installed on it.

Hey Hayden.

I have formatted my external SSD a few days ago, but before that, I tried seriously everything you recommended but to no avail.

I could not uninstall and install back to my external SSD. Xbox would only let me install on my internal and then again would not let me move it to my external. So RE7 just stayed in the internal hdd. Same with other games.

Like I said, things started to get tricky. Other games from years ago could install on External SSD without problems and some could not.

I'm still downloading a ton of games like Halo, Red Dead 2, GTA and others with insane amount of GB so this will take some time...

I'll let you know if anything new comes up :)

Thanks again for the help Hayden.
  6. Jesse E' Win User

PC Game Pass won't let me install to external SSD

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

- Open Windows 10 File Explorer (Windows + E), locate and right-click on the USB drive, select "Format".

- Set the NTFS as the target file system, tick "Quick Format" and click "Start" to start the formatting.

- When the process completes, click "OK" to confirm.

Afterwards try to use it again.
Thema:

1. My game pass pc wont let me install games on my external sandisk extreme ssd . - Similar Threads - game pass wont

2. I own a game and it wont let me play because i don't have game pass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own a game and it wont let me play because i don't have game pass?: I own Halo mater chief collection but i cant play it because i don't have a game pass subscription. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I bought the game fare and square why cant i play it...
  3. Why wont R6 install through Pc Game Pass?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont R6 install through Pc Game Pass?: Every time i try and install it it says content failed to load and i already made a Ubisoft account for this. So does anyone know whats going on? b1cb416a-1efa-475a-84e5-9ae18b545528
  4. Wont let me play multiplayer on hardwood spades?? Help bought game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wont let me play multiplayer on hardwood spades?? Help bought game pass: won't let me play multiplayer on hardwood spades Yyyy 220a2540-25e6-4efb-bb6c-abb71ac70abb
  5. cities skylines 2 on pc game pass wont launch past signing in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cities skylines 2 on pc game pass wont launch past signing in.: I can't play the game because it is stuck on signing in. i am signed in to game pass; Launching from the xbox appll c78b2569-ebaf-444f-a315-346edc0bb23e
  6. Purchased game pass for Forza, it now wont launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased game pass for Forza, it now wont launch: Hi there. I purchased game pass and the forza VIP pass and after a short break for a few days to my discovery the game no longer will launch. Here is what event viewer shows: Faulting application...
  7. Xbox Game Pass game wont install on my hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass game wont install on my hard drive: Hi all, I am having an issue at the moment where game pass will install content onto my "C" drive which is my SSD (has limited space available), when I go into the install settings to change the...
  8. Microsoft store wont let me download games using my game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store wont let me download games using my game pass.: I have tried everything on forums. I see that it downloads gaming services then soon as it goes to install it. It throws a Error 0x80070005. I have watched youtube videos on it used command...
  9. why wont game pass ultimate work on my pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why wont game pass ultimate work on my pc: i had just got 6 months of game pass ultimate I redeemed it on the pc Xbox app but now when i click on it it brings me to the subscribe menu yet when i go on my settings it says im signed up and...
  10. Why wont my new gamertag update for xbox game pass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why wont my new gamertag update for xbox game pass?: I just changed my gamertag and when i open fable 2 it shows my old name and when i sign in it just simply says i cant connect to xbox live and doesnt load any of my data but i can play back 4...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why i cannot installbpc gamr on sandisk extreme pro