My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?

Discus and support My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got a new laptop 2 months ago on windows 11 and while playing games whether or not its with friends or on my own after using any of my movement... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ciaran K3nn3dy, Dec 9, 2023.

1. My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?

I got a new laptop 2 months ago on windows 11 and while playing games whether or not its with friends or on my own after using any of my movement buttons and then released my character would continue moving and although my mouse stays accurate executing its input as soon as possible, the keyboard while this glitch is occurring it wont executes any other keyboard inputs till it end then executes them all in order of when they were pressed i have no idea how to fix this problem and it seems to only be getting more common to the point i just cant enjoy the game.

:)

Ciaran K3nn3dy, Dec 9, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?

Hello Ciaran K3nn3dy,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to fix the issue with your game characters. This could be caused by a few different things, but one possible solution is to check your keyboard settings. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account and device here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some troubleshooting steps here that we may use for the issue.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-May I know what was the last changes/updates you made on your end before the issue occurred?
    - Is everything completely working before?
    -Are you getting any error message?
    - What specific games are you playing?
    - Is this happening to all your games?

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

First, try updating your keyboard drivers to ensure that they are up to date. You can do this by going to the manufacturer's website and downloading the latest drivers for your keyboard.

If that doesn't work, try adjusting the repeat delay and repeat rate settings in your keyboard settings. To do this, go to Settings > Devices > Typing > Advanced keyboard settings. From there, you can adjust the repeat delay and repeat rate to see if that helps.

If neither of these solutions work, you may want to try using a different keyboard to see if the issue persists. If it does, it could be a problem with the game itself or your laptop's hardware.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Ciaran K3nn3dy,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

4. Pranav Palani Win User

My xbox sx controller has sticky buttons for my left joystick

Hi Josef, thank you for the reply, after looking at the guides i realized i had thought it was sticky buttons but it is something else.

My buttons and joysticks return to their normal place normally. But the controller acts as though the left joystick is still pushed or pulled even though it returns to it's position after release, and makes my character move forward even though it shouldn't.

Again though, if there is a fix please tell, as I have tried the troubleshooting methods and virtual assistant from the support page and they didn't work.

Just to make sure that I said I described it correctly, the buttons and joysticks return normally, but the command inputted into the left joystick continues for 10 seconds.

I am considering getting a new controller but would rather see it fixed. Furthermore, if you know what this is called and how to prevent this, please do tell. Again thank you for the reply and sorry for the confusion
  5. WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD- Win User

Who's chapter should be next...?

[quote user="IamRanman66"]
    After just finishing Leons' first chapter, should I continue on with him, or should I move onto Chris or Jakes first chapters.

Is it beneficial to finish one characters campaign before moving on to the others?

Just looking for some input from anybody else who's further along...

[/quote]I'm on the very last campaign and i would say do them in order and the surprise you get in the end will feel greater, and i think you will like the surprise...
  6. CRUZZifer Win User

killer instinct season 2

There will not be 8 characters at launch. It will start with TJ Combo along with other updates to the game overall (UI, new modes, etc). After that they plan on releasing 1 character every month (starting with Maya I guess) and will continue until they release
    the 8th character.

I'm sure there's other details I'm leaving out but that's the basic.
Thema:

1. My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this? - Similar Threads - game characters continue

2. How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?: I recently started playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint and noticed I was unable to hear voicelines entirely or they sounded like they were speaking from 50 meters away when the character...
  3. Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...: What happens is whenever I move my controller joystick forward to sprint in ac vallhalla and I let go of the stick it continues moving this is the same problem on the games UI and when moving...
  4. Xbox game 25 character code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game 25 character code: I wanted to log in my 25 character code for xbox game, i logged in both my lapton and phone,then the code was rejected. How do i get a new code or be able to save the game in xbox console...
  5. Monster Hunter Rise character missing, forcing new game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Monster Hunter Rise character missing, forcing new game: I hit MR 140, downed Risen Teostra, and called it for the night. (Have game clip of it). 2 days later, I go to play, and all I have is "New Game" on the main menu. Save data on the Xbox...
  6. When I record a long video, some game character voices do not appear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I record a long video, some game character voices do not appear: When I record a long video, some game character voices do not appear da092520-5419-4151-987a-6f3951ad28db
  7. On my new computer, game keeps freezing my character.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On my new computer, game keeps freezing my character.: My screen shows everything still moving, except my player cannot move but can only look around. This only happens on multiplayer games, I tried lots of troubleshooting but nothing worked. It seems...
  8. i downloaded remanent 2 on games pass,i download the game i see my character from xbox i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i downloaded remanent 2 on games pass,i download the game i see my character from xbox i...: i downloaded remanent 2 on games pass, i played it for hours upon hours on xbox beat it several times had 100 of items, i download the game i see my character from xbox i get on him and almost all...
  9. Getting Past Starfield Character Creation Xbox Cloud Gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting Past Starfield Character Creation Xbox Cloud Gaming: Started playing Starfield with no issue, I am on an M1 Mac, using a Playstation controller via Bluetooth. I cannot seem to get past the Character Creation stage...I made all of the selections,...
  10. Gta the game is freeza specifically the character

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gta the game is freeza specifically the character: Hello, I have a problem from the penultimate dlc of gta 5 drug and wars, something like if the doll freezes, the problem is not the console, the game continues to run and the control works, even I...