My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar

Discus and support My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello, My friends list on Xbox series X was frozen. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps and now my friends list is simply empty. It... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by XeroBlackDragon, Feb 26, 2024.

1. My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar

Hello,

My friends list on Xbox series X was frozen. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps and now my friends list is simply empty. It states that I have 0 friends, but also does not allow me to add friends. This is the case from the home page on the console and also within games when I try to invite friends. I have spent in excess of 2 hours over various calls to customer support (which invariably the call always drops and I am never called back)

When I say I have followed all of the steps:

I have signed out and back in

I have gone on the website to update privacy settings

I have factory reset my console both with and without retaining apps and games

I have reset every network setting on the console and have tried connecting to a phone hotspot rather than being cabled in

And likely more

To compound the issue further, I also cannot access my friends list on my Game Bar on my PC on Windows 10

The only way to access my friends list is via the Xbox app on PC or my phone.

My friends can still see me and invite me to games as normal on their consoles, and Party chat features still work.

The only workaround I have found is I opened a chat to one of my friends when I knew they were online through the friends list on Call of Duty and asked them to invite me to party. I can open my chats on the game bar, but not my friends list.

Again, I have tried multiple troubleshooting steps for this including logging out and in again, Uninstalling / reinstalling / updating all Xbox apps including the game bar, clearing Cache with CMD in admin mode etc, and nothing has worked.

I have been on Xbox live gold and / or game pass ultimate since the original Xbox and this is the first time I have had this issue. My subscription is current and active

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

XeroBlackDragon, Feb 26, 2024
  2. Adam Sheetz Win User

Hello XeroBlackDragon, thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you've already gone through quite a bit of troubleshooting with your Xbox Series X and Game Bar on Windows 10.

please follow the below steps and see if they work:

1.Check Microsoft Account:
    Log in to your Microsoft account at https://www.xbox.com/live and verify your account information and settings, specifically those related to privacy and communication. Ensure they allow adding and seeing friends.

2.then, perform an extended power cycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

- Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.
    - Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.
    -After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
    - If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

please let me know if it helps.
    Best regards,
    Adam.
  3. XeroBlackDragon Win User

Hello,

I have tried all of these steps previously and they have not worked

Many thanks,

Danny
  4. jacob watson1 Win User

My xbox friends list disappeared

-I am playing on an Xbox series x

-Current network status is all services are available

-I am only experiencing this issue

The friend list does not show my 123 friends on my xbox, xbox app or the xbox game bar
  5. Gods Loathe Win User

My friends list is showing " 0 Friends Online"

Yeah, me resetting my xbox caused me to have a message when I click on friends list "Add some friends" or something like that, this was in attempt to fix delayed friend statuses. I am also having a game bar issue error loading the friends list as well that transfers across two pcs on my account but on my brother's account on one of the pcs (his pc) he doesn't have that problem.

Here is my post.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series x and laptop gaming

If you want to play PC games then you need to play them on your PC. If your PC isn't good enough then you'll need to buy one that is. You can't play PC games on a Series X.

Both my self assembled PC gaming tower and my Series X are connected to my new LG C2 OLED. I use either my Xbox Series X controller or my 8bitdo Pro+ for most single player PC games. You're not restricted to keyboard and mouse for PC games for the most part.
Thema:

1. My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar - Similar Threads - friends list working

2. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  3. Can I share my online status to certain people on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I share my online status to certain people on my friends list: I only want to appear online to only 2 of my friends on my friends list without blocking them how do I do it. If not possible I would like suggest this idea. 09caca8a-b118-49d8-baaa-5f8bf5fb2c9e
  4. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  5. My Xbox friend list isn't refreshing, is there a way to fix this issue?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox friend list isn't refreshing, is there a way to fix this issue?: Their status stays the same as the last time I was on, it only shows their current status when I click on the their profile. 71b8cf25-ff30-4780-b4f0-9b4b7b6dbd66
  6. Friends list not updating

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends list not updating: When I go to my friends list it will display that my friends are online doing something like watching youtube, but when I click on their profile to invite them it says they’ve been offline for 7...
  7. Friends list/follower issue.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends list/follower issue.: Hi, I'm currently having an issue where I have blocked a person on my friends list from years ago, and the person is still showing up as being my follower. I know it's not a huge deal, I just...
  8. Xbox chat and friends lists not working pls help

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox chat and friends lists not working pls help: chats and xbox friends are not working 50086d86-c972-4ec5-ba1c-36478682930b
  9. Xbox Game Bar social tab (friends list) not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar social tab (friends list) not working: 4 days a week for well over year I play Halo: MCC with my friends. I play on PC and they play on Xbox console. I have used to Xbox game bar app along with my Xbox account to use the party chat...
  10. Friend list didnt work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friend list didnt work: I cant see my friends on xbox one, my friends cannot see them too. f0ba8fb2-99e6-487e-b1a0-3f9f316b8e8b