my friend sent me a gift on xbox and the code doesn’t work

Discus and support my friend sent me a gift on xbox and the code doesn’t work in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; my friend bought me lego batman 3 deluxe ed, i tried to redeem the gift and it says, “This code wasn’t found- try re-entering it. if the code is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by stoney9268, Dec 26, 2023.

1. stoney9268
    stoney9268 Guest

my friend bought me lego batman 3 deluxe ed, i tried to redeem the gift and it says, “This code wasn’t found- try re-entering it. if the code is damaged, contact the seller. invalid characters are A, E, I, O, U, L, S, 0, 1, and 5.” i read the code and there is none of these ‘invalid characters’ in the code, i’ve tried deleting and re entering it again but nothing changed. my friend is in a different country so maybe that has something to do with it? someone help

:)

stoney9268, Dec 26, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Yes he has to be in the same region as you to gift a game

He will have to refund thit and find an reputable retailer in your region
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Stoney9268, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

I'm sorry to inform you that it's not possible to redeem a gift code purchased from a different region than yours. You can only redeem codes from your own region.

You can confirm this yourself through the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/b/giftterms

[​IMG]

In this situation, if the gift was sent from the Microsoft Store, the person who made the purchase should request a refund through the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

Please note that in this public forum, we are just players like you trying to guide and help other players.

I appreciate you understanding and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  4. Wyatt Irsa Win User

Will not redeem gift card

It was a physical $25 gift card for my Xbox, which my friend sent me a picture of the code. Thanks for the reply and I hope this helps.
  5. NLH1 Win User

Redeemed a code. won't download.

Best work around for this is to have your friend who sent you the gift code sign into your account on their xbox and redeem the code for you, then you'll be able to download the game on your console.
  6. Jango Jango Win User

My friend gifted me a game digitally and when I tried to redeem it. Said that codes can't contain certain letters and numbers but it's the code xbox gave me

Thank you for the help

The code doesn't work and it was sent by xbox and it doesn't work still. My friend can't refund it either says the they refunded it too many times

Do u know if xbox can send a new corde at least refund our purchase

As this was gifted digitally
Thema:

1. my friend sent me a gift on xbox and the code doesn’t work - Similar Threads - friend sent gift

2. My friend cant redeem the gift i sent him on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend cant redeem the gift i sent him on xbox: I have sent my friend this code today, and when he tries to claim it on the xbox store, it says he needs to claim it on the microsoft store, and then it tells him to try and claim it on the...
  3. Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere: Friend sent a gfit to me, got the email from microsoft and everything, still don't have the game they bought after waiting 12 hours 2afdde5c-d280-4dba-ad6d-b00673466594
  4. how can i redeem a robux gift card that my friend from another country sent?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how can i redeem a robux gift card that my friend from another country sent?: my friend from America sent me a robux gift card to me but when I tried to redeem it, it said that the currency did not match my account currency, how can i change my Roblox account region so I...
  5. Friend gifted me a game, code xbox sent me to redeem doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend gifted me a game, code xbox sent me to redeem doesn't work: My friend gifted me a game using the Microsoft store, xbox sent me a code to redeem but it doesn't work. a0695692-592c-4848-93ba-24dd44c2181e
  6. My friend sent me a gift but I didn't get it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend sent me a gift but I didn't get it: My friend sent me a gift but I didn't get it 15c900a8-f2b1-4585-9d73-9d2b1b733554
  7. I sent a friend a gift game and he did not receive it. What do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I sent a friend a gift game and he did not receive it. What do I do?: I sent a friend a gift game and he did not receive it. What do I do? 4db5270a-3b50-41fe-9f02-bbbbfc6644b4
  8. My friend bought a subscription for me as a digital code for me and sent it as a gift but...

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend bought a subscription for me as a digital code for me and sent it as a gift but...: Link to image: https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/3e90611b-6109-4079-bd53-0e5a63627d7a?upload=true I don't know what to do, I just tried claiming it again still no luck...
  9. Why can’t my friend redeem the gift I sent him?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my friend redeem the gift I sent him?: I gifted one of my friends a silver bundle for Destiny 2. He received the message from Xbox, but when he clicks on the redeem code option, it tells him he can’t redeem the code. I checked my...
  10. Can I get a refund on a gift sent from a friend through Xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get a refund on a gift sent from a friend through Xbox.: I received a gift, a game from a friend over Xbox. They bought me "said" game and sent me the redemption code in a message over Xbox. They bought the game on there account, and I redeemed it on...