My friend gifted me but it won’t work cause he’s in Canada can I get a American code

Discus and support My friend gifted me but it won’t work cause he’s in Canada can I get a American code in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My friend gifted me but it won’t work cause he’s in Canada can I get a American code d506ca6c-4619-44c7-bc5b-7663777455e2 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by bill luhmann, Dec 31, 2023.

1. bill luhmann
    bill luhmann Guest

My friend gifted me but it won’t work cause he’s in Canada can I get a American code

:)

bill luhmann, Dec 31, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

He will have to refund it thru his accountm.Microsoft.com

And find a retailer in your region to get a new code gifting is region locked
  3. Smwutches Win User

Wrong region code

Gifting is region locked. Your friend could try getting a refund and see if he can buy a code from a different retailer that would work in Canada.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Redeem code

Gifting is region locked. So if you're not also in Canada, the code won't work. Your friend would need to be the one to refund it since he is the one who purchased it.
  5. KingOfTheRen Win User

I can't recieve my gifts.

Hey there,

Are you and your friend in the same Country/Region? I live in Canada and my friend lives in the USA, he tried to surprise me by gifting me a game for Christmas however it didn't work as we are in different countries. He had to contact support to get a refund for the game. In the end he sent me money to purchase the game as he wanted to give me a present haha!

All the best!
  6. Luna830-E0801295-DB9 Win User

XboxOne Day One Microsoft order: Changing Credit Card

I had to change my information, due to identity theft, and they were extremely helpful, to me and returned my phone calls, and sent me his personal email and phone number, and yes he was American, his name was Grant, he got it changed and still get my day
    1 release. This was just last week. Very happy and thankful they worked with me, cause it is a gift for my husband.
Thema:

1. My friend gifted me but it won’t work cause he’s in Canada can I get a American code - Similar Threads - friend gifted won’t

2. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  3. My friend cant redeem the gift i sent him on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend cant redeem the gift i sent him on xbox: I have sent my friend this code today, and when he tries to claim it on the xbox store, it says he needs to claim it on the microsoft store, and then it tells him to try and claim it on the...
  4. How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?

in XBoX on Windows
    How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?: I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a 25 digit code, but the code I was sent is more...
  5. I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.: Hello I sent payment for Powerwash DLC to my friend so that he would send dlc as gift codes to me. But, they don't work due to geo restriction. Can you help me redeem this codes for my account:...
  6. Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info 2AP6RMktyEWJYSFjVuR7pQ.198.6.4 d46af0bf-2982-46e2-ba8c-5d9feeef78eb
  7. Having payment issues gifting minecraft to a friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having payment issues gifting minecraft to a friend: I own Minecraft and play it very frequently. My friend also wants Minecraft so I was going to gift it to him through my account. However, whenever I try to pay, I get an error saying "Contact us...
  8. Why doesn’t my friend have the game I gifted him?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t my friend have the game I gifted him?: I recently gifted the dark pictures little hope(game) to my friend so we could play together but it seems he hasn’t received it. I’m just curious because last time I did this he was able to...
  9. my friend sent me a gift on xbox and the code doesn’t work

in XBoX on Windows
    my friend sent me a gift on xbox and the code doesn’t work: my friend bought me lego batman 3 deluxe ed, i tried to redeem the gift and it says, “This code wasn’t found- try re-entering it. if the code is damaged, contact the seller. invalid characters are...
  10. I gifted my friend a pack of Fortnite but the gift code is damaged and Ii got it from...

in XBoX on Windows
    I gifted my friend a pack of Fortnite but the gift code is damaged and Ii got it from...: I got 5$ gift card and I gifted my friend fortnite pack when he gets the gift code it was damaged and you see it from my history billing and I purchased it from microsoft store in xbox console and...