My FREE XBOX Live account was cancelled for not having a credit card on file for billing

Discus and support My FREE XBOX Live account was cancelled for not having a credit card on file for billing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Used to have a credit card on file. It expired. I did not add a new one because I have children that use the xbox for Netflix and to play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CuddlyRock42, Dec 12, 2016.

1. CuddlyRock42
    CuddlyRock42 Guest

My FREE XBOX Live account was cancelled for not having a credit card on file for billing

Used to have a credit card on file. It expired. I did not add a new one because I have children that use the xbox for Netflix and to play child-friendly games. If I have a credit card on file, they can buy stuff "accidentally", since there's a lot of
    adds everywhere now.

So, I obviously have an xbox live account that used to be a Gold account before you guys were told not to charge people to use their own internet account through your product. I use it solely for downloadable content and Netflix.

When I did not update my credit card information, you literally prevented me from using the internet, through the xbox, until I added a new credit card, online, via the Billing tab. I couldn't even add it via the xbox, like I should even HAVE to. Xbox
    Live is a free service. You do not need billing information for that. If I want to buy something through your website, and I don't have credit card information on file, then you can prompt me all you damn well choose, that's in your Terms of Use I'll bet.
    However, a free service should not be dependent on complete billing information. If I find out that the last three or so months of Xbox Live Gold gets charged to me after adding that, you will hear from me again.

Absolutely lame.

The only reason I added the damn card was to shut the kids up, who suddenly realized the freaking world was ending because Netflix was no longer available. Thanks for making an absurd decision and forcing me to spend an hour on your website deducing the
    ten-year-old trail of crumbs that finally leads to somewhere where I can contact you idiots. For a company that requires an email address to register an account, you'd think the first line of support outreach would be a freaking email, but lo and behold -
    NOPE. You can post on the forum or tweet like a jack ****, or talk to a fake person, or ask that you call me - and I don't want to talk to you right now. I'd rather be watching Netflix with my kids.

Thanks for a fantastic Monday night, Microsoft! Make sure to continue to improve your customer interaction...the click-through to get to where I am right now is about 14, by the way. Awesome. I can buy a car online for less than that.

:)

CuddlyRock42, Dec 12, 2016
  2. tanmanranger
    tanmanranger Guest
    Cannot purchase xbox live

I had xbox live on auto renewal with a credit card that was recently cancelled. The transaction will not go through because my card was cancelled and now it wont let me buy xbox live with my new credit card.

tanmanranger, Dec 12, 2016
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    Credit card failed when you tried to purchase an item or add another credit card

Common Xbox LIVE Credit Card Error Codes:

You will see one of the following error codes whenever your payment option can't be authorized through your bank, or Xbox LIVE detects any suspicious activity, making it to prevent charges:

• 8004ad43
    • 8058F041
    • 8C010003
    Here are some solutions you can try to resolve the problem

Solution 1: Check your billing address

Confirm that the billing address for your Xbox LIVE account is the same one used by your credit card company.

If the billing address is the same for your Xbox LIVE account and your credit card company, you can try this next solution

Solution 2: Contact your bank or financial institution

Here are the reasons why the Xbox LIVE purchase might have failed:

• Your credit card has not been activated
    • You have insufficient funds in your credit card
    • Your credit card does not accept online purchases or automatic billing
    • The credit card company is blocking your credit card from being used
    You should contact your bank or credit card company to confirm that the credit card is active, it has sufficient funds, and it is not being blocked for any reason.

If you have confirmed that all these are in order, try the following solution:

Solution 3: Try your purchase again later

Here are some of the reasons why the Xbox LIVE purchase might be blocked:

• Recent purchase attempts have been declined several times
    • You are using the Xbox LIVE account or payment option from an incorrect location
    • You may have a non-payment violation on your payment option, so it is being prevented from making new purchases
    Whenever there are several purchase failures, it can prevent new transactions from being processed until after a certain period. You should wait and try again after 24-48 hours.

If the problem persists after you have waited 48 hours, try this next solution.

Solution 4: Remove your card and try again

If you receive error 80190864 while trying to purchase a new Xbox LIVE subscription, it means the payment option you are using has a billing decline violation against it, and you can no longer use it to sign up. If the credit card you are using has an unpaid balance for a previous subscription, you will be required to use a new credit card.

Solution 5: Use a prepaid Microsoft Points or Membership card if available

Another option is to buy a prepaid Microsoft Points card from a retail location and use it to make your Xbox LIVE purchases. Not all purchases allow for the use of Microsoft Points or prepaid options. Make sure that the purchase you want to make allows for the use of Microsoft points or prepaid cards.

xboxfelix, Dec 12, 2016
  4. iNb4 Ownage Win User

How do i cancel my account.........?

No, I use to have a credit card on my account, and I canceled it free of charge. They don't charge you for canceling your account, whoever told you that misinfomred you. All you have to do is call Xbox support and tell them you want to remove the credit
    card on file. Is their anything else we can help you with today?
  5. ReaverSaber Win User

Blocking downloads for an 8 year old

If you purchased Live with a prepaid card then the games he is downloading are the free ones. If you purchased Live with your credit card through the xbox dashboardthen they have your credit card details on file and will keep billing your card if he douwnloads
    games you have to pay for.
  6. HassanB Win User

Status Code: 80070057

Do you have an active good standing credit/debit card on file? This code usually comes up if you do not have a valid credit/debit card on the account. This is needed to claim any sort of 1 month free trial membership. Once you have added a card (if one is
    not added) you should be able to complete this transaction without getting this error. If you do not want to continue after the free month you can cancel automatic renewal by following the directions
    here.
  7. HassanB Win User

remove my credit card from my x box live account

Hello,

If you have a current Xbox LIVE Gold subscription with that card on file you will not be able to remove it. If you wish to immediately remove the card, you will need to
    contact phone support and have them cancel the account, this will remove the gold membership on your account and then you'll be able to remove the card on file.

As an alternative, you can simply turn off automatic renewal on the account and when the membership
    lapses you will become a "Free" member and you'll then be able to remove the card on file. Instructions on how to remove the card on file can be found
    here.
  8. xRK Nikezz Win User

Microsoft Gift Cards on Amazon

I have Microsoft point and Xbox billed my credit card I am so upset !!!!! thinking about canceling my account
Thema:

1. My FREE XBOX Live account was cancelled for not having a credit card on file for billing - Similar Threads - FREE Live account

2. 14-day free Live Gold trial is not showing up anywhere on my account.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    14-day free Live Gold trial is not showing up anywhere on my account.: Hi, all. I just purchased a brand new console that came with a free month of the Game Pass and a 14-day free trial for the Gold membership. The Game Pass is showing up under my "Services and...
  3. Netflix not available on XBOX 360 for free XBOX LIVE account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix not available on XBOX 360 for free XBOX LIVE account?: Is this normal? Netflix is not part of the app list. Is it because I’m on free XBOX LIVE, and not GOLD? Or is it XBOX 360 is obsolete? 3341b279-99f0-4f90-9a6e-63728bae5eff
  4. Buy 3 months of Xbox Live Gold, Get 3 months free - Promotion Not Applied to Account

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Buy 3 months of Xbox Live Gold, Get 3 months free - Promotion Not Applied to Account: Hi, In May I purchased a 3 month subscription to Xbox Live Gold through the Xbox dashboard because of the Buy 3 months, get 3 free promo. When purchasing it was stated that the free 3 months...
  5. Trouble redeeming free one-month Xbox Live Gold trial subscription with new account

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Trouble redeeming free one-month Xbox Live Gold trial subscription with new account: I need some help regarding my free Xbox Live One Month Gold trial subscription. The other day I gave my Xbox 360 to my girlfriend, who created her own Xbox Live profile. When I signed her up for...
  6. i have seen the live broadcast on mixeno free games to my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have seen the live broadcast on mixeno free games to my account: all my friends have seen the live broadcast on mixer and the all have free games its over a week now and i have no free games watcht it on xbox with my account. 0ca2249c-9aa1-449c-b42a-5ca873d1343e
  7. Can´t buy free assassins creed chronicles china although i have live gold account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can´t buy free assassins creed chronicles china although i have live gold account: Dear all, i have an active account and payed xbox live gold account. Every time i try to "buy" assassins creed chronicles china for free on the store in my xbox one, the page jumps back to the...
  8. Unable to download free Xbox Live Gold game in minor's account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to download free Xbox Live Gold game in minor's account: We have an Xbox One with multiple family members and some parental controls enabled. For the past year, my son (a minor) has had an Xbox Live Gold subscription. Many of the games, however, cannot...
  9. Xbox 360 games not free with Xbox live gold account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 games not free with Xbox live gold account: The Xbox 360 game (rayman right now) is not free , why ? 8c888f53-be5b-4f0f-b2a6-1c564812817a
  10. Just created a live account and get free trial live gold but cant play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just created a live account and get free trial live gold but cant play: Hello, im new in xbox live world, i just created an acoount and made my xbox live profile. When try to purchase 1 month it say that a free trial was avaliable and take it. I proceed to login in my...