My Flaws with the Xbox One Update

Discus and support My Flaws with the Xbox One Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So the new update for the Xbox One is, without a doubt, much faster and cleaner than the previous version. However, there are a few small problems that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Paramortal21, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Paramortal21
    Paramortal21 Guest

So the new update for the Xbox One is, without a doubt, much faster and cleaner than the previous version. However, there are a few small problems that me and a lot of the people I talk to have found to be a little annoying. I'll number them in order
    of importance. (Disclaimer: I might be wrong about some of these things, so just correct me.)

1. My biggest peeve, which I noticed right off the bat as I went to join my friend's party after the update, is that I can no longer check who is in my friend's party or game before I join. The reason this bothers me so much is because if one of my friends
    is in a party with 5 other strangers, or talking to his little 9-year old cousin (who I sometimes can't stand), or I just don't feel like talking to a bunch of people, just to give a few examples, I have no way of knowing who's going to be there when I join.
    So now, I actually have to join the party to see who's going to be there and pray that I don't get stuck in situations like these. And if I do get stuck, I would either have to rudely leave, or suffer the awkwardness.
    Not cool.

2. Snapping now completely freezes your game. You can't have the snap on the side of your screen anymore as you're playing. Now, while this may not bother some people, I think it would be cool to just have a setting where you could choose how you want to
    snap your screen. For people who want to listen to Pandora, an app that used to only work with snap on the side, you probably might like the new snap feature, not shrinking your screen. But I like having snap on the side for parties and messages.

3. I can't leave a party and game at the same time anymore. Why remove that option? Now, I have to leave one and then the other. For some people, this might just mean a slower process, but to others, it creates an awkward situation in that moment where you
    want to ditch a group and you're caught in between quitting the game and then the party. Or maybe the other way around. Which is better? I don't know.

4. Also can't send a party and game invite at the same time anymore. I mean, come on, really? Couldn't just leave that one option?

If it weren't for these issues, I would be completely on board with this update. And even though these flaws may be minimal, it makes a big difference, at least for me.

What do you guys think?

:)

Paramortal21, Nov 18, 2015
  2. EpH3s1aNs
    EpH3s1aNs Guest
    Looking for friends to play the campaign and multi-player. See Details.

Disclaimer: Please Microsoft and 343 fix the flaws in the game I have identified and others regarding this game. If anyone wants to run with me and test out my beta content update, then feel free to message me. I am not an Microsoft, or 343 employee, however
    I have been playing Halo since the original Xbox and PC version. If there is one thing I do know is Halo games and their command prompts and performance flaws.

EpH3s1aNs, Nov 18, 2015
  3. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    Update Problems = Non-US Problems

The update did for me in 30seconds I'm in the uk my whole set up went with no flaws went very smooth been on since and xboxone is still cold

N7 Gh0stz, Nov 18, 2015
  4. My Flaws with the Xbox One Update

Regarding #2, the game only "freezes" when you double-tap your Xbox button to bring up the guide (which has your friends, messages, etc.) on the left - which isn't the same as snapping an app. Snapping an app still shows up on the right and generally does
    NOT pause your game in most cases. I know this because I used the voice command with my Kinect, "Xbox snap TV" to watch TV while playing Killer Instinct just yesterday; it appeared on the right, didn't cover up the screen, didn't pause my game, and both played
    on just fine. My Flaws with the Xbox One Update ;)

Regarding #3 and #4, I agree that it would be nice to have, but it's so quick to be almost negligable; still I'm sure they'll add it back in soon enough. My Flaws with the Xbox One Update :)

Galactic Geek, Nov 18, 2015
  5. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Microsoft buries us in Updates. Take a look at how many system Updates Xbox 1 has had at launch, how many updates Microsoft software gets including Windows OS for PC's. A fix/change will likely come out soon rather than later.

I love Windows 10 UI on Xbox 1. I'm sick of that Windows 8 UI. It's the fastest UI ever, which Xbox 1 has ever had. Navigating the dashboard with the controller, the dashboard loads those pages faster while navigating with the controller, than on any previous
    UI Microsoft has released for Xbox 1, ever. The Dashboard no longer focuses on 4 by 4 boxes littered on the UI. Windows 10's UI is a lot better faster and user friendly. And for those who say otherwise, I got a new PC 3 weeks ago with Windows 10, and the Windows
    10 PC version OS/UI is way more user friendly, the taa daa..... Start Menu. The taa daaa.... customize the start menu including re-sizing apps and choosing which apps you want on it.

smileskybird, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

Regarding #2, the game only "freezes" when you double-tap your Xbox button to bring up the guide (which has your friends, messages, etc.) on the left - which isn't the same as snapping an app. Snapping an app still shows up on the right and generally does
    NOT pause your game in most cases. I know this because I used the voice command with my Kinect, "Xbox snap TV" to watch TV while playing Killer Instinct just yesterday; it appeared on the right, didn't cover up the screen, didn't pause my game, and both played
    on just fine. ;)

Regarding #3 and #4, I agree that it would be nice to have, but it's so quick to be almost negligable; still I'm sure they'll add it back in soon enough. :)
  7. smileskybird Win User

Microsoft buries us in Updates. Take a look at how many system Updates Xbox 1 has had at launch, how many updates Microsoft software gets including Windows OS for PC's. A fix/change will likely come out soon rather than later.

I love Windows 10 UI on Xbox 1. I'm sick of that Windows 8 UI. It's the fastest UI ever, which Xbox 1 has ever had. Navigating the dashboard with the controller, the dashboard loads those pages faster while navigating with the controller, than on any previous
    UI Microsoft has released for Xbox 1, ever. The Dashboard no longer focuses on 4 by 4 boxes littered on the UI. Windows 10's UI is a lot better faster and user friendly. And for those who say otherwise, I got a new PC 3 weeks ago with Windows 10, and the Windows
    10 PC version OS/UI is way more user friendly, the taa daa..... Start Menu. The taa daaa.... customize the start menu including re-sizing apps and choosing which apps you want on it.
  8. Epic Louie Win User

Thank you Microsoft!

I'm having a blast with my Xbox One. There are a few flaws, but I'm sure they'll get updated soon enough. I'm loving the games, and all of the the new features.
  9. InoportunoG Win User

Fortnite

10. ShawnStires Win User

Update is Flawed

I disabled the colud storage option and now can install game when I am signed in to xbox live .
Thema:

1. My Flaws with the Xbox One Update - Similar Threads - Flaws Update

2. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  3. SSD Failure design flaw

in XBoX on Consoles
    SSD Failure design flaw: It has been pointed out that the ssd drives in the series x and s are going to fail no matter what anyone does and have to be repaired at the consumers cost if pit of warrenty. This is something...
  4. The platinum rule is flawed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The platinum rule is flawed.: How does this work if one person wants to talk but another doesn't and the one who doesn't expects the platinum rule to be applied to them and not the other way around? What if it's determined by...
  5. Is Xbox series X/S internal SSD flaw will be solved in the future ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Xbox series X/S internal SSD flaw will be solved in the future ?: Hello Microsoft technicians ! This is my first question at Microsoft forums and to begin, I recently purchased Xbox Series X and I love spending my time playing on it to be frank ! that's why I...
  6. New Dashboard is flawed with no way to customise the groups you have saved.

in XboX Insiders
    New Dashboard is flawed with no way to customise the groups you have saved.: I am on the new dashboard on XBSX and finding the new dashboard a nuisance. The Groups I have which were in a certain order can no longer be customised. You have to goto to groups option which is...
  7. Flaws in Xbox Accessories App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flaws in Xbox Accessories App: A lot of people are complaining that you can't swap a trigger and a non-trigger. And a lot of people different people of different reasons for that. My reason is because I have a fight stick and...
  8. Parental controls flaw?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental controls flaw?: I have set up a child account and blocked the browser to "allow only" websites. However, my child was able to simply go to the store and download the "winsoft" browser and browse unfiltered...
  9. Xbox game pass ultimate mobile cloud gaming is amazing except for 1 minor flaw and thats...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass ultimate mobile cloud gaming is amazing except for 1 minor flaw and thats...: Xbox realize heavy on the Xbox standered issue controller in order to govern its headset capabilities but in the world of mobile gaming there are many different controller attachments for your...
  10. Home xbox security flaw

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home xbox security flaw: So today I've spent hours talking with Microsoft customer support. I have found out a potential flaw with the family security on xbox. My son (14 years old) has an xbox x where he gets his xbox...