My external storage device says it’s full but it’s empty. How do I fix this?

Discus and support My external storage device says it’s full but it’s empty. How do I fix this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Seagate Xbox External Storage device says that it is full while’s it’s not. I tried restarting the Xbox, power cycles, resetting the Xbox, and other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Munoz_16, Jun 15, 2024 at 9:33 AM.

1. Munoz_16
    Munoz_16 Guest

My Seagate Xbox External Storage device says that it is full while’s it’s not. I tried restarting the Xbox, power cycles, resetting the Xbox, and other usb ports but it still says it’s full how do I fix this? It’s on an Xbox Series X and the drive has 3.6 TB.

:)

2. Munoz_16 Win User

1. This is not the first time the extra storage device has been used. Before the error began there were games that were on it but now they have been deleted from the device.

2. No, I have not tried the device with a computer because I do not have one that I could use with the device.

3. When I try to format the device it gives me Error 0x80070057. I believe this error occurs because the device says that it is full.
  3. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Munoz_16! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your external storage unit.

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

- To clarify, is this the first time using this external storage unit?

- Have you verified if the same happens when you plug the external storage unit into a computer?

- Have you already tried formatting your external storage unit? You can do so by going to Settings > System > Storage devices > [ Your external storage unit ] > Format.

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  4. tekeia24 Win User

Xbox wont let me sign in says I have no storage but I have more than enough (xbox 360 new update)

The thing about that is I cant access the storage to clear my cache because it says, "No Storage Devices Found.". When in doubt I do have a storage device in my Xbox 360 it's just not popping up and I don't know how to fix that either.
  5. WPAK Win User

Is My Xbox Series S Repairable?

Hi there,

as far as I am aware a save for a game can become corrupted, but as far as I know it should only have affect on the game itself, it should result in the console (or controller) being slow for any other game or the console.
    Do you have any external storage devices connected to the console? Since an external storage device (USB device) can have such affect, disconnecting any usb external storage devices should resolve the issue.

If no external storage devices are connected and you are still experiencing the same issues on the Dashboard or in other games, then you could consider doing a full factory reset to see what happens (Just to be sure, I would advise not to try RDR2 at first, but try a different game to see how that works)
    If a factory reset doesn't help then I do advise to contact Xbox Support and explain the issues to see what they advise, could be another repair.

Let it know when there are and results
  6. WPAK Win User

Xbox One External HD

Hi there,

you should be able to move content from one storage device to another storage device via the Xbox One via the following steps:

How do I manage external storage?

In My games & apps, you can view content by storage device. To do this, highlight a game or app, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game. You will then be able to move or copy content between storage devices.
Thema:

1. My external storage device says it’s full but it’s empty. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - external storage device

2. Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...: My xbox is not detecting my external hard drive anymore. It was fine when I turned on the xbox this morning and started streaming. I could see all of my installed games and everything was fine....
  3. I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?: It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it. 49ee7566-fc65-42c2-aef9-ed50d09771ff
  4. Xbox one S digital external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S digital external storage: If I add an external storage to my Xbox one s all digital console, will I have to transfer games back and forth to be able to use them? Or does it work together, variations playing off of the...
  5. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  6. Okay so external storage device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Okay so external storage device: I have tried literally every "Useful" tip under the sun at this point and it's STILL not being detected, it was working fine one night then I woke up and it hasn't worked ever since....
  7. If my external storage device stops working can I get a new one and keep all of my data?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If my external storage device stops working can I get a new one and keep all of my data?: My external storage device isn't being read and I don't know if it's the USB ports going bad or the hard drive. I just want to know if I can keep my data. ( Also I own a 2014 Xbox One)...
  8. Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage: Instale un disco duro externo en mi Xbox series S para almacenar juegos de que algunos juegos optimizados para la nueva generación no pueden ser reproducidos directamente del disco duro y tienen...
  9. External storage device not working, games won't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage device not working, games won't play: I am not knowledgeable about this stuff so idk what's going on. I have an external storage device that used to work but awhile back I noticed when it was plugged in my games wouldn't start. I...
  10. I have a Xbox one and my WD Black P10 external storage device keeps on disconnecting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox one and my WD Black P10 external storage device keeps on disconnecting.: I have a Xbox one and my WD Black P10 external storage device keeps saying it's disconnected and the reconnected and giving me an error code 0x87e1001f when I play a game in my external drive when...