My E drive is not showing up when I try download something onto it in microsoft store and...

Discus and support My E drive is not showing up when I try download something onto it in microsoft store and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently reset my pc because I was having trouble with permissions and when I went to download a game from the xbox app my hard drive I download my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LIM green, Jan 13, 2024.

1. LIM green
    LIM green Guest

My E drive is not showing up when I try download something onto it in microsoft store and...

I recently reset my pc because I was having trouble with permissions and when I went to download a game from the xbox app my hard drive I download my games onto (My E drive) wasnt there I then checked the microsoft store and it also wouldnt show up there. My main c drive was the only drive showing up when selecting what drive to download something onto. I'm still having trouble with permissions on my E drive so I thought that might be one of the reasons as I tried alot of tutorials to try fix the permissions and it just made it worst. When I try reset my permissions using icacls * /t /q /c /reset in cmd it says permissions denied on like 12000 folders, Im not sure if thats anything to do with it but its the only thing I could think of thats wrong with the drive. All the drivers are up to date and so is my windows.

Its not letting me paste photos but I cant put a link to it

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1080746253756932159/1195544937408765972/image.png?ex=65b460fd&is=65a1ebfd&hm=bccd4d46b816e40a03fae57c6996802ec2454451e8740b9b43ae02ff32a667f8&

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1080746253756932159/1195544780898308096/image.png?ex=65b460d7&is=65a1ebd7&hm=4271463ca2ee97e8f1befe9cd468ec3a5897447732cc5f4ccbf8b85bc5a9ca22&

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1080746253756932159/1195544749592031343/image.png?ex=65b460d0&is=65a1ebd0&hm=a031480858b46ee4af3edb1b50a2f1fdb9c91c3a6a305c69db83a82ef72bf918&

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1080746253756932159/1195546339254227115/image.png?ex=65b4624b&is=65a1ed4b&hm=f96013f1c402d2f6bc08ffee49c16d58cc4a95b8fe5f7e07f02a8898e57009c6&

:)

LIM green, Jan 13, 2024
  2. LIM green Win User

My E drive is not showing up when I try download something onto it in microsoft store and xbox app

Ok what format is the e drive

If it isnt ntfs that would be why

You need to have an encrypted drive
    It is NTFS i think, it says File system: NTFS when I right click and go properties
  3. ngocphi Win User

My E drive is not showing up when I try download something onto it in microsoft store and xbox app

Ok what format is the e drive

If it isnt ntfs that would be why

You need to have an encrypted drive
  4. MikeyGarcia Win User

DLC isn’t registering

Yep it’s installed on my internal hard drive and shows that it’s purchased both in the Microsoft store and in game store, when I try and download in game store it says I need to install it so I check and it’s already installed
  5. XER0_Gamez Win User

Forza Horizon 5 is not able to download to an external drive.

All of my Microsoft and Xbox games are downloaded on my external drive including the previous Horizon, which is Forza Horizon 4. I changed where new apps are stored when downloaded from the Microsoft store to my external drive but it still wont download Forza Horizon 5 to my external drive. On the Xbox app it wont show my external drive as an option to download to. I am able to download any game from the Microsoft store and Xbox app to my external drive except Forza Horizon 5.
  6. Shadowfall Win User

Unable to play "Sleeping Dogs" bought on Games on Demand

The main problem still continues when i try to download "Sleeping Dogs" onto my HDD or Flash Drive (which i downloaded my profile onto), it enters a non-ending download cycle (different from the initial problem, that was file corruption) if i cancel it shows
    up as incomplete. I have tried cleaning the cache and deleting the marketplace data file, but that hasn't worked.

Any further help would be appreciated.
Thema:

1. My E drive is not showing up when I try download something onto it in microsoft store and... - Similar Threads - drive showing try

2. I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?: It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it. 49ee7566-fc65-42c2-aef9-ed50d09771ff
  3. My external solid state drive is showing as media only.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external solid state drive is showing as media only.: I have a 4 terabite solid state drive that us type-c 3.1 and I've looked at the support pages and I did what was there and it didn't work, it still shows as a media only drive....
  4. My Xbox One S is showing 365 GB of storage even with a 1TB SSD drive installed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S is showing 365 GB of storage even with a 1TB SSD drive installed.: Hi, I recently upgraded my Xbox One S to a 1TB SSD, specifically a one made by Kingston, due to the old HDD dying on me all of a sudden. After formating the new drive to NTFS as instructed on the...
  5. Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?: Alright so I was literally just on my xbox last night and EVERYTHING was as it should be. But once I got back on this morning all of my games were uninstalled, every single one of them. Not to...
  6. Why when I copy Xbox captures to external hard drive the captures aren't showing up afterwards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I copy Xbox captures to external hard drive the captures aren't showing up afterwards?: I recently formatted an external hard drive to back up my Xbox captures to on account of the cloud saves being deleted soon. The drive is recognized as a media storage, and I can even see my new...
  7. Hey people my sandisk Usb thumb drive is not showing up in the storage devices section, thanks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey people my sandisk Usb thumb drive is not showing up in the storage devices section, thanks: I was trying to use my SanDisk USB thumb drive to record gameplay footage and it is not showing up in the storage devices section (it flashes up for half a second but it disappears) so it is only...
  8. Eternal hard drive showing as a new hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Eternal hard drive showing as a new hard drive: I had recently plugged my hard drive into my laptop to download mods ( I didn't even download them) but since then it has been unplugged and I plugged it back into my xbox and it's showing as a...
  9. Hard drive detected but games no showing up?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hard drive detected but games no showing up?: I’ve never had any trouble with my hard drive and I’ve had for at least 4+yrs. Last night I was going to load up a game and when I launched the game I got “game needs to be ‘ready to start’ to...
  10. Recently my Xbox external hard drive doesn't show up on my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recently my Xbox external hard drive doesn't show up on my Xbox: I'm unable to download the games that I had on the hard drive. Also I keep getting a message saying installation stopped. I've tried a hard reset, removed the profiles and reinstalled them, and...