My dual shock 3 isn't working and is now recognized as an audio device.

Discus and support My dual shock 3 isn't working and is now recognized as an audio device. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] Hello, so here's my problem with my dualshock 3, it happened 3 days ago. I tried disabling it in sound settings, tried to use ds4 or scptoolkit... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chris~, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Chris~
    Chris~ Guest

My dual shock 3 isn't working and is now recognized as an audio device. [​IMG]
    Hello, so here's my problem with my dualshock 3, it happened 3 days ago. I tried disabling it in sound settings, tried to use ds4 or scptoolkit but nothing happened, the softwares cant detect the controller since its considered as a audio device. updated my drivers isn't helping too its just being recognized as a audio device and named with a random number. i also reset my controller which is the small hole in L2 but nothing really happened, I also uninstalled and installed it again but it just keeps being recognized as an audio device. I'm at loss here tbh.

i haven't tried plugging it in (yes its plug and play since i bought it, i don't have a dongle) in another devices since i don't have one so idk if its my pc is the problem. any ideas or solution on what to do or how to fix this? The last resort i am thinking is resetting my whole pc.

:)

Chris~, Jan 27, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Are you trying to connect via Bluetooth or pluging it in. Perhaps you should buy a new mini USB to USB A cable and try this.

Other than re-installing DS4win and scptoolkit I'm not sure what else you can do. Re-installing Windows is too drastic an action to fix a controller.

Can you not test it on another PC?

The other option if you're really into the PS3/4 controller design and want a simple 'just works' solution, the 8bitdo Pro or Pro+ controllers are a great choice.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Sony won't help him since pc isn't a supported platform to sony

Only steam is the official vendor for ps games for pc

Since he's trying to use ds4win he must go to the third party vendor for help since it's not an official method or supported device
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Chris~! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You must contact the manufacturer of the controller, that would be the best way to solve this, as this is probably a controller issue, and this is a Xbox/Microsoft support site
  5. ngocphi Win User

You have to address it with ds4win since it's a third party driver issue

Not officially supported device

Not even Sony will give you support for this

They will only refer you to the third party usually steam for steam or ds4win

This is because Sony ds controllers don't use direct x input drivers and yes that's by design

You are using a wrapper driver not an ms or direct x supported drivrr

Yes that's on purpose due to sony only officially supporting ps games on steam on oc ds4win is a third party

You can force id it to controller but how much of it actually works without using a wrapper driver is iffy

Not all functions would work

Without the ds4win

Basically you are emulating Sony drivers with ds 4win.you have to go to them for support since it's not a supported device

You can buy devices that work for pc there are plenty out there you know

This isn't a ds4win or controller emulation website you have to go to ds4win forums for thst
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Dual Shock 3 Controller identified as random number audio device in device and printer

there is no official driver for the dual shock 3, use the program called ds4, this will mask the controller as an x-input device.
Thema:

1. My dual shock 3 isn't working and is now recognized as an audio device. - Similar Threads - dual shock isn't

2. Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x: I want to be able to hook my Xbox series up to the 2 monitors and watch as I kick a ball on screen 1 and it'll appear on screen 2.. I don't want to duplicate/mirror the same image....
  3. How to switch versions on dual generational games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to switch versions on dual generational games: I own the disc version of EAFC 24 and on the cover it has that you can play on Xbox One and Xbox Series X. All my friends play on the Xbox One version while I’m on the Series X version. When I go...
  4. Dual controllers on cloud gaming, xbox ultimate game pass.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dual controllers on cloud gaming, xbox ultimate game pass.: I bought an Xbox ultimate game pass, to play on my samsung TV, without the console. And I bought two xbox controllers with it. But when I try to play games like fifa and MK 11, it shows that the...
  5. Trying to hookup dual sense controller to laptop. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to hookup dual sense controller to laptop. Help?: This is the only error I can find, when I try to update drivers it says they are all up to date, I’ve seen others with the same issue but no answered yet. Help please. This device cannot start....
  6. Can I benefit from dual entitlement on pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I benefit from dual entitlement on pc?: I just bought eafc 24, and I saw that it had dual entitlement. It said old gen to new gen, but I can’t get dual entitlement on my pc. I thought you could get it on the Xbox app. Is there a way to...
  7. Dual Shock 3 Controller identified as random number audio device in device and printer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dual Shock 3 Controller identified as random number audio device in device and printer: Hello I have PS3 controller and it works find the first time i plug the controller, it identified as "Xbox 360 for Windows" in control panel. But after i update my pc it wont recognize as a...
  8. Can I use dual shock with app? New user here

in XboX Insiders
    Can I use dual shock with app? New user here: Just got the app and curious if a ps4 controller would work? I was gonna buy a console but then got a email saying I got approved lol submitted by /u/JetSpiderMan [link] [comments]
  9. Using a dual shock 4

in XboX Insiders
    Using a dual shock 4: Hi all, I got into the beta at the weekend and tries to use my DS4 last night. Tried it on Forza and while the video ran great there was about 1 second input lag. Would this be because the DS4...
  10. Xbox controller motion sensor like PS4 Dual shock 4

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller motion sensor like PS4 Dual shock 4: Hi developers, I'm an Xbox user who enjoys the Forza Horizon 4. I tried PS4 Dual Shock 4 a few days ago, and I saw a function that is recognized by the tilt of the pad(motion sensor). It would be...