My downloaded games close or shut down console (xbox X) while playing without warning?

Discus and support My downloaded games close or shut down console (xbox X) while playing without warning? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My downloaded games close or shut down console (xbox X) while playing without warning? 04d264b4-6e25-4d93-a2ac-ab117c68aa3c Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kingsley Hylander, Oct 19, 2023.

1. My downloaded games close or shut down console (xbox X) while playing without warning?

My downloaded games close or shut down console (xbox X) while playing without warning?

:)

Kingsley Hylander, Oct 19, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Kingsley H! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I'm very sorry to hear that you are going through this problem, but don't worry, I went through something similar a couple of months ago and found a solution, I hope this can help you too!

The steps you must take are the following:

1. Check for updates: Make sure your console is up-to-date with the latest software updates. You can do this by going to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Console update available.
    2. Check for overheating: Overheating can cause your console to shut down unexpectedly. Make sure your console is well-ventilated and not placed in an enclosed space. You can also try cleaning the vents and fans of your console.
    3. Check for game updates: Make sure your games are up-to-date with the latest patches and updates. You can do this by going to My games & apps > Updates.
    4. Perform a full shutdown: Try performing a full shutdown of your console by holding down the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off completely.

If this information was useful to you, let me know.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. gds1972 Win User

Console getting frozen

Hi

Sometimes the console can take a little while to shut down if it is performing game or system updates Can you please say how long you have waited for the console to shut down before you have removed the power supply?

Also if you need to force the console to shut down it is possible to do this without needing to unplug the console. To force the console to shut down press and hold the Xbox Button on the front of the console and it will fully shut down.
  4. Mister Mascot Win User

console shutting down while playing

Hey there GRM Merk,

You actually want to post this in the preview program forums since this would be a console repair through that process, here is the link to get you to the right teams. :)

Xbox One Preview Program Forums
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox Series X Question

Since the Xbox Series X is said to be able to play Xbox games from all previous generations (i.e. the original Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One), they probably won't shut down the servers for Xbox One in the foreseeable future.

It would not make sense to put work into making Xbox One games run on the new Series X (which is a major selling point, as Backwards Compatibility was the No.1 requested feature after Xbox One was launched without it), and then discontinue Xbox One support.

So rest assured: You can continue to play your games on your Xbox One, even after the Series X is released.

However, game publishers might still discontinue support for older games and the server infrastructure. EA is well known for shutting down the servers for their older games for example.

And with Minecraft being very popular among families and children, which often use the "handed down" older consoles, they wouldn't want to lose the market by making it impossible for kids to play older versions of Minecraft by shutting down servers.

By the way: unless you play on Realms (i.e. Bedrock), there are no servers to shut down. All worlds are hosted on your own device, and use the standard Matchmaking for multiplayer. So you can continue to play your Legacy Console Minecraft until your console
    dies and you can't get spare Xbox One consoles anymore.
  6. Real Dangerr Win User

counting time

Are you playing on computer? If your playing on Windows then you should transfer this over to the Windows section. And I believe you will have to close the game in order for it to shut down without counting down. Hope this was some support.
Thema:

1. My downloaded games close or shut down console (xbox X) while playing without warning? - Similar Threads - downloaded games close

2. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  3. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  4. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  5. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  6. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  7. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  8. Can't download disc games on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download disc games on Xbox one: I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 2 on my xbox one but whenever I put the disc in it won't start installing and when I take the disc out it says installation stopped, Horizon 2 also doesn't seem...
  9. I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...: I took it over to my moms for wifi (dont have it at my apartment yet), had it hooked up through Ethernet and its passing all the tests all the way up to Xbox Live, and then failed everytime. I...
  10. getting a download every time i close the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    getting a download every time i close the game: im getting a 500MB download every time i close fallout 4 anybody know how to fix this or is it normal or am i the only one? 36a92a54-5702-435c-b659-7a1104725b0b