My download keeps failing at exactly 79% ... on *both* of my XBOX 360 consoles. Please help!

Discus and support My download keeps failing at exactly 79% ... on *both* of my XBOX 360 consoles. Please help! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, all! I happen to own two XBOX 360 consoles (yes, I've never upgraded to the XBOX One or a PS4), one in my living room and the other in my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Adam_A_, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Adam_A_
    Adam_A_ Guest

My download keeps failing at exactly 79% ... on *both* of my XBOX 360 consoles. Please help!

Hello, all!

I happen to own two XBOX 360 consoles (yes, I've never upgraded to the XBOX One or a PS4), one in my living room and the other in my bedroom. My fiancee expressed interest in running through the "Transformers: War for Cybertron" game using online cooperative
    play. So I figured we could each use our own profiles on the two separate machines and give it a go.

So... I already own one physical copy of the game and plugged in a downloadable code for "Transformers: War for Cybertron" into my bedroom console. It took, and the download started. Several hours later (the game is roughly 6.5 GB), I found it got hung
    up at exactly 79% downloaded and quit. I got an error/corrupted message. Sigh.

Surfing the web, I found possible solutions might include: (a) clearing/cleaning out my cache, (b) deleting the corrupted file in Storage, (c) attempting to download to an external source such as Flash Drive, (d) making sure additional online items are downloading
    correctly, and (e) trying the download on other consoles.

(A) Did it. (B) Did it. (C) Tried it. (D) Yep, other games and demos download just fine. (E) The other console also scrapped the download at exactly 79% downloaded.

No success. And I should mention I have tried this download about 6-7 times now. And each time, the download stops at exactly 79% downloaded.

At this point, I'm pretty sure the issue has got to be on Microsoft/XBOX's end.

If anyone has any other suggestions? Or if a Microsoft/XBOX representative can please work with me to fix this? That would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance.

:)

Adam_A_, Mar 30, 2020
  2. BATMANTAS Win User

Trying to download De Blob 2 on Xbox 360, Download hits 79% and restarts.

Ive been trying to install this game since yesterday and keep having this issue, what gives?
    I'm having the same issue since September 1st. Install fails at around 79% and then continually restarts. Installs on Xbox One, but not on the Xbox 360.

Installed the newest Games with Gold today "Armed and Dangerous" on the Xbox 360, so it is not an issue with region, cache or network as my console still has the ability to download and install games.

Xbox Ambassador, please raise this with Xbox Support and have them test and install the download package. Level 2 or Level 3 please.
  3. AndreaArduino Win User

XBOX 360 DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS

Yes, exactly. I stopped and restarted it I think 3 times when the download was exactly at 79%.

Honestly there is nothing very meaningful behind this, just a desperate attempt :)
  4. reivaxlol Win User

The download restars at 79% (Xbox360)

5. XBF Diego M Win User

Download restarting without error message at 79% ?

Hi

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

I'd recommend removing your profile from the hard drive and then re-downloading the account from Xbox Live to re-sync important data.

Please follow the steps on the following link on how to remove and then re-add your account on the Xbox 360 console: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...ertag-and-profile/add-remove-profile-xbox-360

Let us know the results!
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User
Thema:

1. My download keeps failing at exactly 79% ... on *both* of my XBOX 360 consoles. Please help! - Similar Threads - download keeps failing

2. I keep getting a 0x80248014 error when downloading apps

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting a 0x80248014 error when downloading apps: Every time i try to install youtube or other apps on my xbox it gives me the 0x80248014 error code. Does anyone know why its giving me this problem? and how do i fix it?...
  3. Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"...: I have already followed the steps listed in old forums for this same issue. Can someone give me a better answer than "try turning it off and on again" or "try deleting your Xbox to factory...
  4. My Xbox 360 will not let me download my account it keeps giving me the code 80151103

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 will not let me download my account it keeps giving me the code 80151103: My Xbox 360 will not let me download my profile it keeps giving me the code 80151103 cefc6d9a-c43f-410f-af89-650fd9a5a827
  5. How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...: And don't give me some **** about two-step verification cause I got it disabled. 4f9e9087-d930-4e81-8174-5ac69ca0e78d
  6. My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB

in XBoX on Windows
    My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB: When i try to doenload a version of minecraft, it keep getting stuck at 59.82MB , my friends guve me a vode and when i try to do it, it keep getting stuck there, plss help...
  7. Pc keeps downloading xbox series x games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pc keeps downloading xbox series x games: I have tried to stop my pc from redownloading series x games followed all advise I can read but just keeps downloading the games Tried ticking the boxes in the xbox app to stop updates etc...
  8. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  9. Starfield preload keeps failing to download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield preload keeps failing to download: Hi I am unable to pre-download Starfield from the Microsoft Store on my Windows PC. I keep getting the error message "Something happened on our end". I have tried many fixes; Fix 1 – Re-enable...
  10. Starfield preload keeps failing to download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield preload keeps failing to download: I've spent the best part of a week trying to download starfield and it's failed every time. At first I thought it failed because I turned the laptop off, but when I left the laptop on all night it...