my disc reader wont read any disc, what can i do?

Discus and support my disc reader wont read any disc, what can i do? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there, I was troubleshooting the blu ray player app and discovered my disc reader is not reading any disc wether it is a game, dvd or bluray... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jeff Hamilton2, Apr 24, 2023.

1. my disc reader wont read any disc, what can i do?

Hello there, I was troubleshooting the blu ray player app and discovered my disc reader is not reading any disc wether it is a game, dvd or bluray disc. Is there something that can be done to fix this in house? If not would I need to send it in for repairs? Thank you

:)

Jeff Hamilton2, Apr 24, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

There is one step that we can perform according to Xbox Support, please follow the steps below:

"1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options.

3. Select Shut-down (energy saving) mode.

4. Perform a hard power cycle by holding down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds. Once the console has completely shut down, press the Xbox button on the console again to restart it.

5. Try your disc again. Wait a few seconds to see if the console recognises it. If the console can now read the disc, you can revert to Sleep mode."

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

Also, yes, if the same issue occurs, we need to get the console repaired. To check the warranty as well as create an order you can sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/devices.
  3. destroyer8546 Win User

Black Ops 2 disc stopped reading

So that means that the disc can no longer read due to the disc reader?
  4. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

None of my 360 discs work on my Xbox One

i think your disc reader is broken or that camera that reads the discs
  5. Jack Ripper 74 Win User

Xbox not playing bethesda game disc

The games never load you just hear the disc drive spin and slow and the laser reader moving around. The games are updated and I am afraid if I uninstall them the disc drive wont read them to install them again
  6. Jeremiah12LGeek Win User

Significant and disconcerting noise is constant when playing games on recently replaced 360

It's definitely the disc reader, as the noise corresponds with when the disc is being read. When no disc is being read, the Xbox sounds normal.
Thema:

1. my disc reader wont read any disc, what can i do? - Similar Threads - disc reader wont

2. Is there any talk about at least producing a disc reader for the Xbox series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any talk about at least producing a disc reader for the Xbox series S?: I feel as people with disc that did upgrade to series S could at least get that choice. b9432d71-90f3-4033-999e-6cf40b609974
  3. Where can I get an Xbox one disc reader fixed and generally how much does it cost?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I get an Xbox one disc reader fixed and generally how much does it cost?: My Xbox one no longer reads discs so I was wondering on where I am able to get it fixed or how do I send it in to get fixed and generally what is the cost. c0b8b434-46b2-4255-9ce8-5f497301281c
  4. Disc reader doesn't read and ejecting turns off xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc reader doesn't read and ejecting turns off xbox one: I have an original Xbox one, and when I put a disc in, it will say it's dirty/damaged, no matter what. Then, if I eject the disc, the Xbox will turn off. I have tried changing wifi, unplugging the...
  5. XBOX ONE-S 1Tb: Is it possible to connect external USB disc reader and play disc games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE-S 1Tb: Is it possible to connect external USB disc reader and play disc games?: Hello to all, as in the subject: I have a XBOX ONE-S with an internal 1Tb disc. My question is if it is possible to connect an external USB disc reader and play disc games? Searching on the...
  6. Installing a disc game on a console with no disc reader

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing a disc game on a console with no disc reader: I have an old game disk. Our new xbox console does not have a disk reader. How can I install it and play? a7e7df7a-35f1-4e06-af2a-1c04eb01382d
  7. Disc reader problem maybe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc reader problem maybe?: Hi I have an Xbox 360 S, it seems to be making a whirring sound when playing a disc. It plays for a while - say 15 minutes then the screen turns to a dark blue or green with thin stripes over...
  8. My Xbox disc reader won’t work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox disc reader won’t work: I want to keep this short so my xbox basicly wont run any disc games a says “ error 0x82D40007 occurs when you launch a game” im thinking i should just buy a new xbox any tips?...
  9. my xbox one disc reader isnt working

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one disc reader isnt working: My xbox one disc reader stop working. Is there a way to get it fix easy or do i have to send it out to get it fix? cefb9044-4f98-4929-85a8-eaa42d25db07
  10. Xbox disc reader stuttering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox disc reader stuttering: Every time i put in a disc other than star wars battlefront 2 it stutters and then stops the reading. After i do it multiple times it stops ejecting the disc and i have to perform a power cycle...