my device is hardware banned and i don't know why

Discus and support my device is hardware banned and i don't know why in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This will be kind of long So about a week ago i left home, came back after a few days and decided to go play some games on my computer. And I noticed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Halo , Oct 5, 2023.

1. Halo 
    Halo  Guest

This will be kind of long

So about a week ago i left home, came back after a few days and decided to go play some games on my computer. And I noticed that my account was signed out so I tried to sign back in, sign in went smoothly but when i pressed enter is says my account or device has been banned. I do have 2 siblings who use this computer when i'm not using it. Now i press 'try again' and it still says i'm banned. I decided to create a new account to see if that would work and it didn't. And i went online to find out why I couldn't sign in and hardware bans was one of the reason. So now I can't play anything xbox related on this computer, and I don't have any other devices + i don't wanna have to drop money on a new computer so this is just unfair. Why not ban the User Account (sign in) instead of banning the entire device?

:)

Halo , Oct 5, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Halo! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Although I am unable to see any details of why you were device banned, for a device to be banned then something really bad has happened. If you can still sign in to your account on another device then it is not your account that was the issue. Sound like potentially, one of your siblings have done something so bad that the enforcement team didnt just go with an account bad but a device ban as well. They don't do a device ban lightly.
  3. Halo  Win User

So what do I do now? can my device be unbanned or is it permanent
  4. The_Last_DJ Win User

As far as I have known its always been a permanent ban.
  5. Halo  Win User

Alright, Apparently they were using an achievement unlocker program, but I don't see how that would go for a whole device ban. I thought that was only for the account they were using or am I wrong?
  6. The_Last_DJ Win User

Enforcement action can be either. They take cheating very seriously so either they have done it before and got caught previously or this is the first time and they have gone for both account and device due to how serious it is.
Thema:

1. my device is hardware banned and i don't know why - Similar Threads - device hardware banned

2. How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?: Hey there, I have Sony WH-CH700s and this problem just now started. When my laptop is connected by HDMI to another monitor, my headphones sort of flicker in and out of recognition as a sound...
  3. My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are: Im visiting family and brought my xbox with me and when i set it up to use it worked just fine. I turned it off when i was done and came back a few hours later to find that it disconnected from...
  4. Microsoft Store device limit causing DLC to be unavailable in game

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store device limit causing DLC to be unavailable in game: I was having an issue with my ROG Ally where Vampire Survivors was not loading the DLC in the game. After a lot of unsuccessful trial and error, uninstalling/installing, and research on forums, I...
  5. My external storage device says it’s full but it’s empty. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external storage device says it’s full but it’s empty. How do I fix this?: My Seagate Xbox External Storage device says that it is full while’s it’s not. I tried restarting the Xbox, power cycles, resetting the Xbox, and other usb ports but it still says it’s full how do...
  6. Device warranty repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Device warranty repair: I sent my headset to Microsoft for repair under warranty and it got shipped back the same day it arrived, will I get a report or any info on what's wrong with it or what kind of checks they did?...
  7. did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it: Issue with Kinect Device I'm experiencing an issue with my Kinect device. After plugging in a flash drive in Kinect port. by accident, it melted and got stuck in the port. After removing the...
  8. Clip license device is does not match the device id in the bound device license

in XBoX on Windows
    Clip license device is does not match the device id in the bound device license: Pc issue Xbox app will not start any games without giving me this error already troubleshooted every method available and reset it completely looking for a actual solution or phone support...
  9. Connecting to the 5Ghz network completely shuts off the 5Ghz signal for all devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting to the 5Ghz network completely shuts off the 5Ghz signal for all devices: on my xbox series s, every time i connect to my wifi 5Ghz signal it completely shuts off the 5Ghz connection to all my other devices, including my xbox, until i restart my router. none of my other...
  10. my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...

in XBoX on Windows
    my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...: headset chat mixed not working a7cea632-3764-4dba-b8c0-97751ed0576b