My Daughters account is in another family group

Discus and support My Daughters account is in another family group in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; hi so it appears that some how, IDK...that my daughters account was taken out of my family group and put into someone elses. I still have control of... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Brandon Eckert1, Dec 4, 2023.

1. My Daughters account is in another family group

hi

so it appears that some how, IDK...that my daughters account was taken out of my family group and put into someone elses. I still have control of both accounts, but because she is under 18, I can not leave the other family group. I do not know who this other person is, or what use there would be to do this. I discovered it when I was trying to add money to the family wallet so she could purchase a Fortnight skin and she has not had access to GamePass. this is all under my account. I do not know how this happened. I have two step authentication on my account and she should not have been able to leave the family group with out my consent. some how her account is linked to another account.

My question is, how do I get it back?

:)

Brandon Eckert1, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Brandon,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter's account was removed from your family group and added to someone else's. I can understand why you would want to get it back as soon as possible.

There are a few possible reasons why this might have happened. One is that your daughter accidentally accepted an invitation from another family group, or that someone else accessed her account and did so. Another is that there was a glitch in the system that caused the account to be transferred incorrectly.

To resolve this issue, you will need to contact the owner of the other family group and ask them to remove your daughter's account from their group. You can check the Parent email of that family group by going to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your daughter's account.

Other option is to let your daughter's account leave the family group. This option is also available when you sign in your daughter's account on account.microsoft.com/family. For your reference, you may check this link: Leave family group or remove members - Microsoft Support

You can also find their gamertag and email address in the Family settings section of your Xbox console or the Xbox Family Settings app on your mobile device.

We hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Salmoro Win User

Changing organizer to child account

Hi,

Yes, You can. You must use another account though as Organizer to create the Family Group, then add your daughter's account as child account.

Please follow the steps
    here to know more about the steps.

Hope It helps.
  5. Michael Sangirardi Win User

Merging family accounts

I’ll clarify my question. My wife and son are in a “family” group and my daughter and I are in a separate “family”group. Is there a way to combine the both and make one family? My wife tried to invite us to the family she created but that didn’t seem to work.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Merging family accounts

Hello again, in order for your daughter to join the same family group as your son and wife, she must first leave the family group she is in.

Leave family group or remove members

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/fo...
Thema:

1. My Daughters account is in another family group - Similar Threads - Daughters account another

2. I bought robuxs for my daughter on my Microsoft account on my phone which I chose for Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought robuxs for my daughter on my Microsoft account on my phone which I chose for Xbox...: Recently bought robuxs for my daughter of £25 on Microsoft account on my phone and redeemed it for robuxs for Xbox. It's still not on her Roblox account on the Xbox. How do I transfer it over to...
  3. Infinite loop on daughter's account login for accounts.microsoft.com

in XBoX Accessibility
    Infinite loop on daughter's account login for accounts.microsoft.com: Hello, my daughter has an account setup to get a gamertag and enable her to play Minecraft. As of today, her login keeps looping around the page...
  4. My daughter was murdered and the person that murdered her keeps signing into her account is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My daughter was murdered and the person that murdered her keeps signing into her account is...: My daughter was murdered and the person that murdered her keeps signing into her account is there any way I can have her account closed? d24f8cbb-2eb8-42a5-b8af-706edaf35add
  5. My daughter is getting the oops looks like this account is already connected to a Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My daughter is getting the oops looks like this account is already connected to a Microsoft...: Tried every Microsoft account I have and still she's unable to login . Error...oops looks like this account is already connected to a Microsoft account . 3 weeks she's been trying. Minecraft email...
  6. My daughter is getting the oops looks like this account is already connected to a Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My daughter is getting the oops looks like this account is already connected to a Microsoft...: No Microsoft account we have resolves this ! Playstation can't help. 216fdf19-caef-4d2d-b1b5-5453800dbe29
  7. How do I see which email address/microsoft account my daughter is using to play minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I see which email address/microsoft account my daughter is using to play minecraft...: Hello! When I bought the Amazon Fire Tablet, I got a free copy of Minecraft and it's tied to my Amazon account. My daughter plays Minecraft on my Amazon profile in the Kindle Fire. When I look...
  8. Hello all, i got a free ultimate game pass and applied to my account for my daughter to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello all, i got a free ultimate game pass and applied to my account for my daughter to...: i got a free ultimate game pass and applied to my account for my daughter to use, but she only has an xbox 360, does the ultimate game pass work on this xbox. thank you...
  9. Can anyone help me figure out how to unlink my daughters Microsoft Minecraft account to my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can anyone help me figure out how to unlink my daughters Microsoft Minecraft account to my...: My email is linked to my daughters Microsoft Minecraft account. My son has a new PlayStation and I need to unlink her account and I cannot figure out how to do it on the PlayStation. The simple...
  10. Microsoft removed the game Minecraft Dungeons from my daughter's account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft removed the game Minecraft Dungeons from my daughter's account.: I've been through the support process several times to request a refund so I can just buy a gift key versus following the prompts given via Microsoft when purchasing for her and giving permission...