My daughter has used my mail address to set up an xbox. Now my email has changed to her name !

Discus and support My daughter has used my mail address to set up an xbox. Now my email has changed to her name ! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My daughter has used my mail address to set up an xbox. Now my email has changed to her name ! Please help I have spent hours trying to change this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by middlesbroughfc1, Jan 25, 2018.

1. My daughter has used my mail address to set up an xbox. Now my email has changed to her name !

My daughter has used my mail address to set up an xbox. Now my email has changed to her name ! Please help I have spent hours trying to change this back and now everyone is ignoring my emails !!!!!!! Please can anyone help ! Its impossible to contact microsoft
    !

:)

middlesbroughfc1, Jan 25, 2018
  2. buttfurr
    buttfurr Guest
    Changing account

When I set up my son's xbox live account I used my email address as he didn't have on at the time. Now that he has an email address I want to remove my email address and name from his live account and use his name and email address but cannot figure it
    out. Lastly, I would like to be able to keep his gamertag plus his credits etc, thank yoyu

buttfurr, Jan 25, 2018
  3. Moving My Xbox Profile (Gamertag) To Complete New Email

Ok so i was at this for ages yesterday, and i spoke to xbox support, and he told me what to to do and i thought i had everything sorted.

Here is what i want to do.

I want to create a new email address, one that doesnt get junk from amazon and puregym and all the rest. A clean inbox email.

Once ive made the e-mail, i want to move my xbox gamertag to that email. So that will be my new xbox email for signing in etc.

I spoke to support, and he took my through the guide of chaning my ALIAS, and making the new e-mail the primary alias. And in the end i can now sign in with the new e-mail address. However, it hasnt moved the gamertag to a new e-mail, all its done is basically
    change the name of my email. So all my inbox emails and everything is transferred.

So basically all that has happened is my sign in email has changed, but its still the same e-mail, with the same inbox junk etc. Only the name has changed. Thats now what i want.

I want to move my gamertag to a WHOLE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS. I dont want to JUST CHANGE THE NAME.

Im honestly getting so stressed with this, why is it so difficult to just move my xbox account a fresh new e-mail!!!!!!

Incase this is confusing, im gona try explain it like this

MY GAMERTAG is linked to OLD EMAIL ADD

I created NEW EMAIL, and want MY GAMERTAG to link to NEW EMAIL.

What support did, was change the alias of OLD EMAIL ADD to NEW EMAIL.

So bascially i still have the same OLD EMAIL ADD, but it now has the name of NEW EMAIL.

Its the exact same e-mail address, getting the same junk etc, only its changed name to sign in.

I want a new email, totally empty from junk etc, and i want to move my gamertag to it, i dont see why this has to be so difficult.

PLEASE PLEASE someone help me.

Electric Okapi, Jan 25, 2018
  4. My daughter has used my mail address to set up an xbox. Now my email has changed to her name !

You can manage your Microsoft account details here, especially the associated email addresses to the account:
    https://account.microsoft.com

You can contact an Xbox Support representative by choosing phone or chat, as those outlets have agents that can access your account details:
    Contact Us | Xbox Support

Internet Expert, Jan 25, 2018
  5. Internet Expert Win User

My daughter has used my mail address to set up an xbox. Now my email has changed to her name !

6. DeanNowell Win User

Family members issue

Thankyou for the reply ArminitorX Heres where i am at now (sorry if i sound stupid with all this). Basically ive managed to get into my daughters account and change her password so i can always get in there now, good news lol. The bad news now is that
    when setting up her xbox account i must’ve used a different email address (@yahoo) to try to add her to the family. Ive managed to send her another invite my xbox to join family but that address is @outlook. So when i sign into daughters account the invite
    is there (pending) but when i click on it it says she has to leave the family she is currently at before joining my invite 🤦��‍♂️ I cant find that option anywhere on her account so i suppose my question now is ‘how can i get her account to leave the family
    she is apparently currently in?’ Thankyou once again 🙏 is in
  7. French_guy Win User

Xbox live gold

Yes...but when I got the Xbox, I'm not sure how "B" (my daughter) was created...bot sure it was linked to a specific email address

The problem is my daughter can't do it under her account on the Xbox...but she is 18 now

Is there anything to change somewhere?
  8. TWPS75 Win User

I am just lost with game ID's and associated Outlook accounts - Where do I get help?

Still lost here...

I now see both of my kids accounts. However, my daughter has a net new gamerID auto generated and attached to her email. My email is still associated with her gamerID....

I would like to assign her gamerID to her email address... Is this possible?

Also, will this retain her Minecraft creations? or will she lose everything?

Also, no Xbox... Just Android tablets running Minecraft and a Windows PC to do this on...
  9. Sparky Gray Win User

Xbox ultimate

Yes my xbox is the main account holder and my daughters xbox is set up as home xbox but it was still not playing games on it so at the min now I have set my self as family member on her xbox and its working again for now .I don't understand what has changed can you still share xbox live and game pass in the UK
Thema:

1. My daughter has used my mail address to set up an xbox. Now my email has changed to her name ! - Similar Threads - daughter has used

2. I bought robuxs for my daughter on my Microsoft account on my phone which I chose for Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought robuxs for my daughter on my Microsoft account on my phone which I chose for Xbox...: Recently bought robuxs for my daughter of £25 on Microsoft account on my phone and redeemed it for robuxs for Xbox. It's still not on her Roblox account on the Xbox. How do I transfer it over to...
  3. Adult daughter needs to be removed from my family group - but she's not there

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adult daughter needs to be removed from my family group - but she's not there: My daughter is trying to connect the new Xbox she purchased. She is being notified she can't proceed because she needs to share her location and I am the family organizer. I go to my account and...
  4. We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play...: We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play too? Does she need a gamer tag? I’m keen to set up a family but how can I if my son has the gamer pass?...
  5. My daughter has a fortnight v bucks card and after entering the code off the card the next...

in XBoX on Windows
    My daughter has a fortnight v bucks card and after entering the code off the card the next...: My daughter has a b bucks gift card, the code off the card was out into my Microsoft account then we was given an Xbox code which doesn't work 715d9c52-643f-43c2-82a5-b7230f7e7fae
  6. Daughter has forgotten password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Daughter has forgotten password: My daughter has a hotmail account that is only used to sign into Minecraft, playing on a Nintendo switch. She has forgotten the password and can no longer log in. I have followed the reset process...
  7. How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...: I have Minecraft for PC and she has it on her Nintendo Switch. She is on the family group and linked to my account. I followed some instructions to send her an in-game invitation and she came up...
  8. How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...: I have Minecraft for PC and she has it on her Nintendo Switch. She is on the family group and linked to my account. I followed some instructions to send her an in-game invitation and she came up...
  9. Game streaming on iPad - Content filters won't let my daughter play games even if she has a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game streaming on iPad - Content filters won't let my daughter play games even if she has a...: She can log in but she gets an error when playing No Mans Sky: "You don't have access to this content due to Family Settings" She can play it on a regular Xbox and has an exception to allow the...
  10. My daughter has been scammed.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My daughter has been scammed.: my daughter has been verifying codes to a stranger . She is an EE customer ( well we are ) We received our monthly phone bill on Saturday which was £380 ...... £300 had been spent on the game...