My controllers left stick drifts and its response is slow.

Discus and support My controllers left stick drifts and its response is slow. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller's left stick sometimes drifts up or down when I'm not touching it and when I am using it it's responses are sluggish. I have another... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WarblingJam0, Apr 6, 2017.

1. WarblingJam0
    WarblingJam0 Guest

My controller's left stick sometimes drifts up or down when I'm not touching it and when I am using it it's responses are sluggish. I have another controller and it's working fine. I have done all the troubleshooting and still the problem persists. I only
    bought this controller back in December and it has been experiencing problems for a while. If you could help me it would be appreciated.

:)

WarblingJam0, Apr 6, 2017
  2. Goatsnatcher
    Goatsnatcher Guest
    Xbox one controller failures

We have 3 X1 controllers drift forward between me and my son, all left stick drift forward. Pretty sure it's from playing games where sprint is assigned to the left stick. The army camo controller only lasted about a month. Strange thing is, my day one 2013
    controller is still fine.

Anyway, I use to get through 360 controllers at a similar rate, only difference was the left sticks drifted left on those.

Goatsnatcher, Apr 6, 2017
  3. jfrawls
    jfrawls Guest
    Xbox One Controller, left stick faulting!!!

I have two controllers BOTH with drift issues. The one left thumb-stick drifts upwards and the other one has a right thumb-stick drift issue that drifts upward.

Like what the heck am I suppose to do. #SMH

jfrawls, Apr 6, 2017
  4. My controllers left stick drifts and its response is slow.

The controllers only have a 90 day warranty (it may be different if you live in the EU). You can try to
    schedule a repair, but you may end up buying a new controller anyway.

You're pretty much left to your own devices at this point.

It's not the answer you'd like to hear, but these are your only options left for an out-of-warranty controller.

Internet Expert, Apr 6, 2017
  5. Internet Expert Win User

The controllers only have a 90 day warranty (it may be different if you live in the EU). You can try to
    schedule a repair, but you may end up buying a new controller anyway.

You're pretty much left to your own devices at this point.

It's not the answer you'd like to hear, but these are your only options left for an out-of-warranty controller.
  6. Goatsnatcher Win User

Xbox one controller failures

We have 3 X1 controllers drift forward between me and my son, all left stick drift forward. Pretty sure it's from playing games where sprint is assigned to the left stick. The army camo controller only lasted about a month. Strange thing is, my day one 2013
    controller is still fine.

Anyway, I use to get through 360 controllers at a similar rate, only difference was the left sticks drifted left on those.
  7. Elohmn Win User

Anybody else going through controllers?

My Day One Controller started to do both drift and stuttering in the opposite direction on the Left Stick. Controller number 2 seems to be okay for now and its about a year old.
  8. AridLizard Win User

Quality has gone down hill, 4 faulty controllers!

I've experienced the left stick drifting on 2 controllers.
  9. PDS66 Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller

Mines been drifting bad on the left stick and just scrolls on its own up or down. Its still in warranty but they want £42 to send me a replacement controller.
Thema:

1. My controllers left stick drifts and its response is slow. - Similar Threads - controllers left stick

2. Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?: These controllers only seem to last about a month before having to turn up the dead zone to stop them moving. Can’t even control the menus any more. The 360 controllers never did this. Sort it...
  3. Up on the left stick not working on any controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up on the left stick not working on any controller: What’s up guys. I have the Xbox series S and I have a steel series Bluetooth headset (just adding this extra information in case it’d helpful). Anyways recently pushing the left stick up on my...
  4. The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels...: The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels stuck. 0f063b2b-3b20-472d-94d0-77b804dd47f5
  5. How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work: I was playing Fortnite today and noticed that I couldn’t move backwards and I would just keep going straight. I went to the Xbox controller test in the Xbox accessories app and when I try to move...
  6. New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button

in XBoX on Consoles
    New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button: My controller disconnects when I press the lefts stick button, I've done a full shutdown of my Xbox, but it still happens. I've tried the button test in settings and when I press left stick button...
  7. Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...: Have gone to this page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/device?, registered my device, xbox elite controller series 2, and then pressed the Start order [img] I have put in that the left...
  8. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  9. Xbox X Controller left stick not completely loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X Controller left stick not completely loose: My Xbox series x controllers left stick is not responding immediately when moving left and right but moving up and down works fine, I Noticed that the left stick is a bit more loose than the right...
  10. bc Can I repair my Xbox elite 2 controller. (Left stick drift, and bumpers dont read inputs)

in XBoX on Consoles
    bc Can I repair my Xbox elite 2 controller. (Left stick drift, and bumpers dont read inputs): I would like to send it in from Canada and just have them replace or permanently repair both components. How can I do so? dc1ddab5-b268-4241-abfa-9d4590db96e0