My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

Discus and support My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Repulsive93, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Repulsive93
    Repulsive93 Guest

Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue

:)

Repulsive93, Apr 12, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Repulsive93, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

I'm sorry to read you're experiencing this issue with your Xbox controller.

Please verify if the controller you are using has its firmware completely updated with the instructions from the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller

I recommend doing this using a Windows PC via the "Xbox Accessories" app with the controller connected via USB cable to the PC.

If the issue persists after updating the controller firmware and considering it turns off on its own as you mentioned, it will be necessary to make use of the controller's warranty.

Please use the link provided below to create a replacement order for your controller if it is still under warranty:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-warranty

To complete the process, you need to find the serial number of your controller and enter it at the bottom of the page. The website will then guide you through the necessary steps to complete your order.

Please keep in mind that in this public forum, we are just fellow players like you, trying to help other players with our best intentions.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. SquattingTurtle Win User

Elite Controller support and repair

The grip of my controller is wearing off, the A button spring doesn't seem to work right and my left turn is much slower than my right turn on my right thumbstick.

I'm not rough with the controller at all. I have never once thrown it.
  4. fooburger Win User

Controller left stick broken

yes, left thumbstick break, drift.... is a very well known problem. Google it and you'll find 100's of post on this faulty part with controllers. I own 2 white lunar and 1 black one, all have left drift. I also have a 4th controller that will not turn on.

The controllers thumbsticks are junk in my opinion.

Found your post googling how to solder, trade in.....what to do after my 3rd controller left thumbstick started sticking last night.
  5. ElectroFlying Win User

Constantly going to the left

Hmm. Not sure on the X1, but on the 360 if your thumbsticks ghosts to the left, right, up, or down. Then the system remembers the last input from the controller. Even if you turn the controller off.

Try another controller and see if it still does it. Be sure not to turn on your old controller, and to power on the system with your 2nd controller.

Hope this helps.
  6. APOCACIDE Win User

How do I do what I have been doing for the past 6 months?

if u throw them against a wall, ive worn out one, but it was fron launch, it still works, just drifts a little, and the rubber is worn off the bottom side of the left thumbstick, but they dont just come apart, its like at work or whereevr, and some dude
    comes up with a tool: "this broke", really? it was just laying there and it broke on its own?
Thema:

1. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ? - Similar Threads - controller won't left

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  4. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  5. I threw my controller troller now it won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    I threw my controller troller now it won't work: I threw my elite core controller on the ground and when I go to turn of the xbox using the on screen method and the little white box that surrounds the options you are hovering over whenever I go...
  6. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  7. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  8. Xbox controller won't enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller won't enter pairing mode: hello! so ive been trying to connect my xbox controller to my ipad for an hour now and it just won't connect. it flashes for a split second before the controller just turns off. does anyone know...
  9. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  10. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...