My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?

Discus and support My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an old rock candy wired controller that I have been using for years. Since getting Windows 11 whenever I want to use it it I need to check for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Macauley Spackman, Mar 31, 2024.

1. My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?

I have an old rock candy wired controller that I have been using for years. Since getting Windows 11 whenever I want to use it it I need to check for updates through Windows Update and install whatever the latest update is. Without doing this the controller either flashes all four quarters on/off or is not on at all. This fixes it every time but can be a bit tedious. Is there a way around this at all? Even if its just an update once a month or so.

:)

Macauley Spackman, Mar 31, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?

Hi Macauley, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I wouldn't recommend skipping on the update, since it fixes issues with the system as well.

But, it is odd the controller not working because of a new update.

Is this an official Xbox controller?
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One controller doesn't work with Windows 7 laptop

the answer is it is a wireless controller they dont work with the usb charging cable ive tried it on windows 7 and 10 you need a proper wired controller apparently.
    That's true for 360 controllers, but not Xbox One. The Xbox One controllers work wired and via wireless on PC. My wiress controllers all work fine via the micro USB cable on my PC.

Windows 7 doesn't come with drivers built in to the OS though, they may need need to be downloaded manually if Windows update isn't picking up the controller.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Wireless Controller for XBOX one in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch" and does not function normally in games

Hi,

Your controller needs a firmware update to work fully with Bluetooth in Windows 10.

• Install Microsoft store app: Xbox Accessories
    • Make sure device is unpaired and then Link controller to the PC via USB cable
    • Open the Xbox accessories app and update the controller (it will be prompted to do so). Wait for the process to end and do not disconnect the controller until completion
    • Disconnect from USB cable
    • As before, make sure your controller is not paired to the PC
    • Restart PC
    • Open the Accessories App again and pair the controller via BT in the usual way
    Hopefully your controller will be detected correctly this time.

Once this is done, you shouldn't need to run the Accessories app again unless you want to change any settings.
  5. Deadgar 13 Win User

Xbox One Controller Won't Connect via Bluetooth to PC

Do you have any windows updates pending?
    I need to use my laptop as the controller. just moved and my controllers disappeared. just want to access my xboxone
  6. Smoky Bigzy Win User

Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

Oh my gosh finally people can relate to the problem I am having. Except mine gets even worse with their *** updates.. So one time my Xbox said I needed to update my controller, I did so and half way it stopped.. Completely ruined my controller and it wouldn't
    turn on.. Fortunately MS admitted this happened to a few people and replaced my controller. However just this last March Update once again MS forced me to update my Xbox.. As soon as I did my Kinect stopped working and wouldn't turn on anymore. It was working
    perfectly fine with my Xbox the day before. Their updates are killing my Xbox and they don't give a ***. I can't even use any mic except my Samsung buds.. Please someone help
Thema:

1. My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it? - Similar Threads - controller needs Windows

2. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  3. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  4. I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!: Hey yall i need help fixing my controller. I dont know why its doing what it is doing. All of a sudden, withing 10 minutes of me steppi g away and coming back my controllef is broken. Anytime i...
  5. Need help picking a new xbox controller

in XboX Insiders
    Need help picking a new xbox controller: So I've been through lots of regular xbox series x/s controllers and the most recent one got stick drift after about 4 months of use. Trying to find a xbox controller that can withstand the...
  6. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  7. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  8. I need help pairing my xbox one controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help pairing my xbox one controller: So I have an Xbox 1 with 200 games on it that are very legendary and I hold dear to my heart. I stop playing my Xbox 1 and return from my Xbox Series S. Now I've want to replay the games but my...
  9. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  10. Hello I need my xbox controllers rs to be inverted in windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I need my xbox controllers rs to be inverted in windows.: Hello I need my xbox controllers rs to be inverted in windows. I tried doing this using the xbox accessories app but after ticking invert right stick there is no button to save the profile....