My controller keeps disconnecting its self help

Discus and support My controller keeps disconnecting its self help in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So i got a new proper xbox controller for Christmas about 2 weeks ago now the controller started randomly disconnecting its self (i have it constantly... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ashton Liversidge, Jul 9, 2023.

1. My controller keeps disconnecting its self help

So i got a new proper xbox controller for Christmas about 2 weeks ago now the controller started randomly disconnecting its self (i have it constantly plugged in so dont use batteries) every hour or so it was fine then but has progressively gotten worse now its more like every 2 mins without me even moving its getting real frustrating as i like playing harder games like elden ring so if anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear them

:)

Ashton Liversidge, Jul 9, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Kindly try to use a different cable to connect your controller to the console.

Then please have your controller checked for any firmware updates:

If you have one, plug the stereo headset adapter into the bottom of your controller so it can also get updates.

If you're using a stereo headset adapter, plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).

Plug the included USB cable into your Xbox’s USB port.

For Xbox Series X, the port is on the front right below the Pair button . For Xbox Series S, the port is on the front left next to the Pair button .

For Xbox One X and Xbox One S, the USB port is on the front under the Power button.

For original Xbox One, the port is on the left side of the console, around the corner from the disc tray.

Plug the other end of the USB cable into the top of the controller.

Instructions to install the update should automatically appear. Follow the instructions, and don’t disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress. The process can take up to 3 minutes.

If instructions to install the update don’t automatically appear, you can start the process manually. To do this, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, choose Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

The auto-detect feature of this update may not work immediately if you plugged your stereo headset adapter into the controller while downloading a system update, or while the console was turned off. To resolve this, go to the Home screen and unplug the adapter. Then, plug the adapter into the controller.

You only need to update your controller one time to use the stereo headset adapter. However, if you plan to use the stereo headset adapter with other Xbox controllers, you’ll need to follow this process for each controller. Additionally, check for new updates periodically as Xbox frequently ships new controller features and improvements.

If that didn't work, I would suggest checking for any updates on your console.

To see if there’s an update available:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates.

If there are any updates, they’ll appear in the left menu. If not, you'll see "No console update available."

If the issue still persists proceed with factory reset keep my games and apps. Here's how:

Reset your console: Select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

NOTE: The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

Reference links:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Ashton, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I’m sorry to hear your controller is experiencing some connection issues when you want to use it. Let’s try to sort this out.

However, before that, I would like to ask:

What procedures you tried to fix this prior to your post creation?
    Do you know if your controller received a firmware update before the inconvenience started to happen?
  4. Littleboy93 Win User

Xbox one wired controler keeps disconnecting.

It also disconnects when I'm not even moving the controller as well. I can place it down on my bed and it will disconnect its self. its getting to the point where I can cant play anything. Please Help
  5. NW EXPRESS Win User

Controller keeps disconnecting from Xbox One

My controller keeps disconnecting from my xbox. I have bought new controllers and it still disconnects even with the new controller. I have the Day one xbox. Any help will be nice.
  6. sting2001 Win User

Mic keeps disconnecting, this then disconnects controller. Very ANNOYING

Its a Razor Kraken, but i think ive found the problem. I must keep the controller extremley close to the xbox for my controller not to disconnect, if i move it away, it will disconnect. Very strange, but at least i know whats happening.
Thema:

1. My controller keeps disconnecting its self help - Similar Threads - controller keeps disconnecting

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller: For some reason I think my external hard drive keeps disconnecting my Xbox controller, whenever I try to resync my controller to the Xbox the Xbox won’t blink. Can anyone help? submitted by...
  4. My controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting and I've tried everything I seen online....

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting and I've tried everything I seen online....: I've reset my remotes and console a thousand times. Power cycle nothing works. My xbox has been in the same spot and never had a issue til the update. I'm beyond frustrated and many people have...
  5. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  6. My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...: I’ve tried some of the things other sources have told me to do to fix it and none of them have worked. d4b9ec58-1587-42e3-bd27-30d62116ada2
  7. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  8. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  9. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc: its not the xbox one controller its after that. it disconnects from my pc for a few seconds and then reconnects. software is up to date, it even happens when its plugged in....
  10. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332