My controller is connected and plays well on every game except fortnite. I play on Xbox one.

Discus and support My controller is connected and plays well on every game except fortnite. I play on Xbox one. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I can see that the controller is sending input to the console however any last input will not register until the next input is made. It is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JasonX5AX, Dec 5, 2023.

1. JasonX5AX
    JasonX5AX Guest

My controller is connected and plays well on every game except fortnite. I play on Xbox one.

So I can see that the controller is sending input to the console however any last input will not register until the next input is made. It is infinitely delayed by this. Please help?

:)

JasonX5AX, Dec 5, 2023
  2. JasonX5AX Win User

Thank you I have tried these 5 steps. I have also uninstall/reinstall the game, format console and bought new controller of a different brand and had the same outcome. Even the Microsoft Xbox One controller that came with the console has been affected. This is what puzzles me. While the controllers I normally use are designed for xbox and PC use and no other, why do they work perfectly on all other games but not fortnite. I would be gratefull if this issue could be resolved and thank you again for your reply.
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello JasonX5AX,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to play Fortnite on your Xbox One. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account here manually and the devices where your account is connected to since we do not have the option. No worries, we do have some effective troubleshooting steps here that could fix the issue.

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Restart your Xbox One console and your controller.

2. Make sure that your controller is updated to the latest firmware version. You can do this by connecting your controller to your Xbox One console with a USB cable and then going to Settings > Devices & accessories > Xbox Wireless Controller > Device info > Firmware version.

3. Try using a different controller to see if the issue persists.

4. Check your internet connection and make sure that it's stable. You can do this by running a network test on your Xbox One console.

5. Try playing Fortnite on a different Xbox One console to see if the issue persists.

Hope I helped. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello JasonX5AX,

Thank you for your reply!

I appreciate you for trying the steps that I provided you.

Since the issue only occurs when you play Fortnite, there could be a huge possibility that the problem is on the game itself. I highly suggest you contact Epic Games so that they can manually check your account on their end or their system for some issue.

For you to be able to contact Epic Games, please click on this link: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/

Hope I helped.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello JasonX5AX,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

6. JunaaydShaikh121 Win User

Touch controls don’t work no matter how much I tap in Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Keep in mind it's only a few games that support touch

Most games support controllers only

Fortnite isn't one of the games that support touch

https://www.androidcentral.com/every-game-touch-controls-xbox-game-pass-android

It's unlikely a PvP shooter would support touch as it requires fast reaction and sensitivity you don't get with touch but with controllers

Most of the games are pve with the exception of rts games or gears 5
    Fortnite does work with touch. It says “Play with Touch” in Xbox Cloud Gaming
Thema:

1. My controller is connected and plays well on every game except fortnite. I play on Xbox one. - Similar Threads - controller connected plays

2. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  3. Xbox controller only functions when connected to power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller only functions when connected to power: I want to use an Xbox wireless controller on pc. My PC has Bluetooth 5.3 (MSI B650 Gaming Plus WIFI, Ryzen 5 7500f, RX 7800xt). I have tried two different brand new controllers and had the same...
  4. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e
  5. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  6. Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...: Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to phone. Works in app until I start Remote Play. Once launched the system accepts some inputs but not all...
  7. Xbox elite series 2 controller disconnects only when playing connected with the USB C charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller disconnects only when playing connected with the USB C charger: I need this resolved! I can play only with my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller wirelessly. sometimes i want to play and my controller is low on battery, but it disconnects when I'm trying to play...
  8. Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable...: Tried 3 controllers, all with latest firmware installed (including a brand new one) . Disconnect every couple seconds. Console is about 10 ft from where I sit, but the controllers disconnect...
  9. Why doesn't my controller work on cloud play even though my pc says it's connected?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't my controller work on cloud play even though my pc says it's connected?: I made sure I had everything up to date, I restarted everything, but whenever I open my cloud play games, I cant even get past the Press A To Start screen and no input from my controller does...
  10. My Wireless Xbox Controller won't connect when playing a game on Cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Wireless Xbox Controller won't connect when playing a game on Cloud gaming: My Wireless Xbox Controller connects to my MacBook via Bluetooth and through that I play on Xbox cloud gaming, but recently I connect my controller to my MacBook and when I start the game the game...