My controler will turn on my system but once the system is on my controler wont do...

Discus and support My controler will turn on my system but once the system is on my controler wont do... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; controler will turn on my system but once the system is in my controler won't do anything. Won't let me select games or even turn off the system.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ty Ty4, Nov 14, 2023.

1. ty Ty4
    ty Ty4 Guest

My controler will turn on my system but once the system is on my controler wont do...

controler will turn on my system but once the system is in my controler won't do anything. Won't let me select games or even turn off the system.

:)

ty Ty4, Nov 14, 2023
  2. WiiUrules Win User

Controller can't turn on Xbox One console!

My elite controller is up to date and thats the one I have been using. If i plug my controller in by usb the system will turn on just like if i was to touch the xbox one logo on the system. really anoying this is. What would cause my system to go into such
    a deep sleep in instant on that my controller wont wake the system up. If i turn the system on by hand in the morning i can use the controller all day but when i dont use the console four like 12 hours then the controller wont wake the system up. On energy
    saving mode the controller can wake the system up every time but boot times are to long. I like instant on. Just want the controller to always work to turn it on.
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

My controler will turn on my system but once the system is on my controler wont do anything. It won't let me chose a game or even turn the system off

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox controller. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Kindly try to update the controller's firmware using a Windows PC to see if it works. Here's how:

Update your controller on Windows 10/11 by using the Xbox Accessories app:

If you don’t already have the app installed, get it in the Store:

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NBLGGH30XJ3?hl=en-us&gl=SA

Open the Xbox Accessories app.
    Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
    When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Things to keep in mind:

The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10/11.
    Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.

After the update, connect your controller using a USB cable and turn on your console to see if it works.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  4. Lord Gigglefist Win User

Controller dies when screen shakes?

Update: Turns out vibration is turned ON for my system, but the controllers don't vibrate.

So I guess the issue is really that when any controller is connected to my system, when it's supposed to vibrate, it turns off.
  5. Az Turbolaz Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic Not Working for Party Chat

I noticed if I power my system down and power the system up by turning on my controller first I dont seem to have this issue. If i use Xbox on it wont allow the headset mic to boot up. It is some kind of bug. I would imagine that when the hardware starts
    to detect the different logic coded on the controllers that for some reason it times out when trying to boot up that operation. If the controller is the primary method of turning on your system then you shouldn't have any issue. Let me know if this helps!
  6. Az Turbolaz Win User

Original xbox one mic issues

I noticed if I power my system down and power the system up by turning on my controller first I dont seem to have this issue. If i use Xbox on it wont allow the headset mic to boot up. It is some kind of bug. I would imagine that when the hardware starts
    to detect the different logic coded on the controllers that for some reason it times out when trying to boot up that operation. If the controller is the primary method of turning on your system then you shouldn't have any issue. Let me know if this helps!
Thema:

1. My controler will turn on my system but once the system is on my controler wont do... - Similar Threads - controler turn system

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  4. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  5. Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...: I've tried connecting controller manually but still just flashes, have also unplugged everything and checked leads etc but still doing the same thing! Any ideas please or has it had its day?...
  6. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  7. Controller not turning on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not turning on.: Its been barely 6 months since I got my Xbox series S, recently my controller disconnected mid match and I at first assumed it was my play and charge battery being low (didn't get the notification...
  8. Xbox Elite 2 Controller doesnt turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller doesnt turn on.: One day i wanted to play some games but suddendly my xbox controller doesnt turn on! If i click the Xbox button it wont turn on and when you hold the button it makes a silent beep sound which is...
  9. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  10. What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...: This is the first time this has happened to me so I searched up a solution online and every thing I saw involved being able to go into the settings app and the power off/restart menu which I...