My console will not play any sound except through the mic.

Discus and support My console will not play any sound except through the mic. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my sound is on and I can hear the tv while its showing a tv show but I can't here it on the Xbox eeff0603-d4e7-4625-83ab-cddef3609aa2 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KSI Halfslab42, May 11, 2016.

1. My console will not play any sound except through the mic.

my sound is on and I can hear the tv while its showing a tv show but I can't here it on the Xbox

:)

KSI Halfslab42, May 11, 2016
  2. CUTTER0
    CUTTER0 Guest
    Tutle Beach x41 mic so sensitive i CANT USE THEM. A Fix???

I got the turtle beach x41 headset and I like it alot, except the mic is way to sensitive. It picks up everything, even when the volume of the headset is down very low. It picks up the headset sounds through the mic. It was to the point where I had to turn
    my mic on mute during games because peoplke were complaining. Any fixe for this? Or should I return these for a better headset?

CUTTER0, May 11, 2016
  3. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Is there any way to play chat through "headset and television" like on the 360?

Chat and game volume play fine through my KDL40EX720 HDTV's 2x 10w speakers (sony) from my 250gb slim Xbox 360 console. Even when I have my headset unplugged and some nights just don't want to chat I can hear the others "put in your mic" while playing any
    game, especially COD BO2 zombies Buried. The Xbox 1 should also have this Xbox Live feature and if not it really should be added in soon. My Turtlebeach x42 plays dolby game sound and chat sound.

smileskybird, May 11, 2016
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Heya KSI Halfslab42.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Have you had a chance to run through all the steps in this

No Sound Troubleshooter
    ? It's definitely worth giving a go if you haven't, let us know if the steps on there help you out My console will not play any sound except through the mic. :)

Mister Maka, May 12, 2016
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Heya KSI Halfslab42.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Have you had a chance to run through all the steps in this

No Sound Troubleshooter
    ? It's definitely worth giving a go if you haven't, let us know if the steps on there help you out :)
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Kineckt problem

Hey there D4rv0,

It does not look like there is any way to get sound through a headset and to use the mic through the Kinect at the same time through the console.

Of course one thing you can always try would be to connect your headset to the TV/Monitor directly so that all sound comes through your headset. and then use your Kinect as a mic.

I hope this helps.
  7. Itsghostboy18 Win User

Xbox 1 headset issue

Same but I'm not getting any sound though my headset but I can hear myself on Mic through my headset
  8. TheDouglas#& Win User

Headset echoes

Thanks, I have tried turning down the volume, no luck - just a softer echo. To be clear, it's my voice that it repeats not others. And the mic doesn't 'project' my voice though the headset initially, so it isn't 'echoing', I suppose, it just 'plays'
    with a delay what I said. So when I speak into the mic, there is a second or two delay then my words 'play back' through the headset. If that makes sense!? Related to this, should I be normally be able to hear my voice through the headset, as I am speaking,
    because I don't - except for the delayed sound. Thanks again!
  9. Altair Fate 115 Win User

Xbox one mic not working

My Mic plays sound to me, but I can't talk to anyone else except when i use Kinect. I'm able to mute and unmute with the orange light coming up, and hear the beep, but nothing really happens. I noticed it one day when i tried to do a voice over on a video
    and I could not register sound. I tried unplugging my mic and recording but when i hit start recording voice it says, "No Mic detected." So I plug it in and then it'll start but I still can't input any audio because my mic won't work.

99 problems and my name is One.

-Xbox one
Thema:

1. My console will not play any sound except through the mic. - Similar Threads - console play sound

2. Can two people play the same game on two different consoles

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can two people play the same game on two different consoles: Hi I wanted to know If I bought a physical copy of a game and played it on my xbox can I then give it to my friend so he can download the game and play it too To clarify the friend is also on...
  3. Please add the ability to only play with other console players in cross play

in XboX Insiders
    Please add the ability to only play with other console players in cross play: I love playing competitive games with people who are on a level playing field, but you throw PC gamers into the mix and I feel they have an extremely unfair advantage when pitted against xbox and...
  4. Can't play on my xbox windows too my console xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play on my xbox windows too my console xbox one: Dear friends, Recently the software add a bug, you can read my issue on the image attached. I like too play from the pc instead to play the console aae3cac4-b8d0-4d5a-b3b8-8d2c44f6c1c9
  5. I asked the gamepass ultimate to play gta 5 online if I have the gamepass console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I asked the gamepass ultimate to play gta 5 online if I have the gamepass console: Hello why when I want to play gta5 online asks me to have the gamepass ultimate if I already have the gamepass console does not let me access gta online d4b8c623-b69a-4c0f-b618-4fa777756e67
  6. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  7. How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive: How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series C console? I have a Seagate hard drive d45a01d0-f1f8-403f-9ef9-96584b14ec71
  8. Is it possible to Join a party from a different console than what I am playing the game on?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is it possible to Join a party from a different console than what I am playing the game on?: This is a weird question but Is this possible? Example, I am playing a multiplayer game online with 4 friends on my Series X. Could I join the party of those 4 friends from my xbox one on the...
  9. Why am I not able to play multiplayer Remnant 2 on Xbox S console ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to play multiplayer Remnant 2 on Xbox S console ?: Can't play online multiplayer, but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, updates, etc. I have an Xbox ultimate subscription and play on a series s console. when trying "public" i get "failed to create...
  10. Laptop making sound while someone plays on xbox console

in XBoX on Windows
    Laptop making sound while someone plays on xbox console: My laptop is making a sound like the sound when a the ball was returned in the old pong game. This happens when my son is playing one of his games on the xbox consol. I had initially set up my...