My console keeps shutting off...

Discus and support My console keeps shutting off... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the last few months now, since I first got my Xbox One S, I have had no less than 40 instances of my console shutting down unexpectedly, in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rumplthe2nd, Jan 1, 2017.

1. rumplthe2nd
    rumplthe2nd Guest

For the last few months now, since I first got my Xbox One S, I have had no less than 40 instances of my console shutting down unexpectedly, in the middle of playing a game (both single and multiplayer). This issue has been ongoing since I first got my console
    back in October but has become more and more prevalent over the last week. It has escalated to the extent that this afternoon this post went up It shut off four times and all of them were within less than 10 minutes of turning on the console. The console is
    a One S and I am looking to see if there is a way to rectify the issue, as this only ever happened four times over the three years I had my original Xbox One. If anyone here in the forums has experienced this and found a way to solve this problem I'd be glad
    to hear it! Right now I am only becoming more frustrated by this and I am considering getting rid of the console entirely if I can't get it to work continuously as it should.

:)

rumplthe2nd, Jan 1, 2017
  2. Xbox 360 Shutting Off

How do i fix my console when it keeps shutting off?

SpongyBasil6980, Jan 1, 2017
  3. Console keeps shutting off

I dont know if they still sell them, but there is a cooling unit you can buy that sits under the Xbox.

xFR3AKonaL3ASHx, Jan 1, 2017
  4. My console keeps shutting off...

I'm thinking you are about 35 instances too late on doing what I would have done since your issue hasn't been experienced by me... which is either demand a refund or get it replaced... since that makes sense. My console keeps shutting off... :)

Some people would have just taken it back and switched console brands.

Goth Vampirella, Jan 1, 2017
  5. jasonht87
    jasonht87 Guest
    jasonht87, Jan 1, 2017
  6. I have this same issue. In the middle of a game or show, it just shuts off.

ToniestPlains32, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Goth Vampirella Win User

I'm thinking you are about 35 instances too late on doing what I would have done since your issue hasn't been experienced by me... which is either demand a refund or get it replaced... since that makes sense. :)

Some people would have just taken it back and switched console brands.
  8. jasonht87 Win User

9. ToniestPlains32 Win User

I have this same issue. In the middle of a game or show, it just shuts off.
  10. petemech Win User

Console keeps shutting off

It does look like I'll have to replace it. Thanks for all the help.
  11. ReactedThunder3 Win User

Console keeps shutting off

Does that mean you think it's my console acting up, xFR3AK?
Thema:

1. My console keeps shutting off... - Similar Threads - console keeps shutting

2. Console keeps freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console keeps freezing: My son received an Xbox Series X for Christmas from his dad. Everything was going fine until a few weeks ago when his games started freezing. It is now all games, and the console will just freeze...
  3. If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?: Hello, Recently I had error E106. Downloaded and tried the offline system update OSU1 but had no luck, instead error E102 came up. I haven't tried to reset the console yet because i'm worried...
  4. Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console

in XboX Insiders
    Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console: Hi lads, I bought an Xbox yesterday from a friend as they never used the console. I signed into my account and downloaded the games I wanted and that was fine. However once I turned it off and...
  5. My new laptop keeps getting the error we found your console but can’t connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My new laptop keeps getting the error we found your console but can’t connect: I just got a Lenovo laptop and gaming on it works with my hot spot but it keeps saying it won’t connect with Internet. I keep getting the error “we found your console but can’t connect....
  6. How can i fix the “keep the console cool”

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can i fix the “keep the console cool”: I have been playing xbox for a while now and nothing like this has happened in a while every time i play call of duty modern warfare 3 not even like 10-15 minutes in and i get this message it’s...
  7. Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?: I was gifted an Xbox Series X for the holidays and it’s only been a week and I barely have time to play on it but when I do, I get the “Keep the console cool” message whenever I’m playing a game....
  8. Why does my Xbox keep booting me out of multiplayer games and console resets itself...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox keep booting me out of multiplayer games and console resets itself...: I posted another thread on this which went unsolved. I have a new Xbox series x purchase 9 of 23. Whenever I play any multiplayer games online like call of duty, fortnite, battlefield 2043,...
  9. My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...: I don't understand why it's doing this, but i have a hunch. My little sister got some cleaner on it but i don't think any actually got inside, so i don't think it's that. I've tried a hard reboot...
  10. I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on it keeps telling me to go to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on it keeps telling me to go to...: I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on I get a message to go to microsoft.com/link and enter a code. Where do I enter the code? c3e4ec3b-c415-46cb-bb34-bcea4197c1b4