My console and 3 remotes was stolen 3 months back. is there a way to trace (online did not...

Discus and support My console and 3 remotes was stolen 3 months back. is there a way to trace (online did not... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My console and 3 remotes was stolen 3 months back. is there a way to trace (online did not work form the Microsoft trace my device) or completely block... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chantel Fourie, Jan 20, 2024.

1. My console and 3 remotes was stolen 3 months back. is there a way to trace (online did not...

My console and 3 remotes was stolen 3 months back. is there a way to trace (online did not work form the Microsoft trace my device) or completely block the console and remotes?

:)

Chantel Fourie, Jan 20, 2024
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

My console and 3 remotes was stolen 3 months back. is there a way to trace (online did not work form the Microsoft trace my device) or completely block the console and remotes?

I'm afraid what you're asking isn't possible. if your console was stolen as part of a burglary, you would need to claim it back on any home insurance you have. Microsoft do not block/ban consoles for this reason. Controllers can not be blocked.

If you had your account on the console, changing the account password will prevent your account being used.

In any case, these things are usually sold on, and it is highly likely that the person who now has your console does not know it was stolen.
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Chantel! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox console.

In regards to tracking the console device, according to user KindGryphon who answered a similar inquiry: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...and-xbox/fe0bd88d-0f2b-4d8f-9050-5d8c2d33a0f5

"If law enforcement is willing to take the time, money, and resources to track it down (which would likely cost more for them to do than what the Xbox is worth in value) then sure they can help you track it if they are willing.

All Xbox support would have would be the ip address that your account is signed into. (which you would be able to see too) but there isnt anything they would personally be able to do with that information."

There are several steps you’ll want to take to secure your account and report your console according to the official Xbox website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/stolen-console

"1. Change your account password.

If your console was lost or stolen, change your password immediately.

Sign in to your Microsoft account. account.microsoft.com
    Go to Security > Password security.
    Select Change my password to reset the password for your Microsoft account.
    Verify that you’re the account owner by receiving a security code.
    Enter your current password.
    Enter and confirm your new password.

2. Report the stolen console.

We recommend that you report your stolen console to your local law enforcement as well as your insurance company. You’ll need to provide the serial number for the missing console. To find it:

Sign in to your account on account.microsoft.com and then select All Devices under the Devices category.
    Go to the console that was stolen and select Show details.
    The serial number is listed under Device details.

3. Check your Billing activity.

You’ll also want to review your billing activity to make sure the person who has your console hasn’t made any unauthorized charges.

On your account on account.microsoft.com go to Payment & billing > Order history.
    If you see a charge that you don’t recognize, contact Xbox Support.

Keep an eye on your account to make sure that any possible unauthorized charges have time to be posted to your account.

If you have a credit card or other payment option attached to your account, we recommend reporting the theft to your financial institution so that they can stop all payments until a new card is issued."

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  4. Jayhab4real Win User

stolen xbox one IP address recovery and tracing

Sorry to hear of your ordeal, though not specific to IP tracing, there's some tips here: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/stolen-console
  5. MarkClyde Win User

VUDU app failing on Xbox since early March

Done that.

One without trace, one with.

But that was like 3 months ago....
  6. onyxishere Win User

Someone stole my xbox

Sorry to hear your console was stolen. I hope you contacted the police as they can work with Microsoft to trace the IP of the console.

In the meantime you can remotely remove your password from the console by following the instructions at this link.

support.xbox.com/.../password-protect-account
Thema:

My console and 3 remotes was stolen 3 months back. is there a way to trace (online did not...

1. My console and 3 remotes was stolen 3 months back. is there a way to trace (online did not... - Similar Threads - console remotes was

2. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  3. Can I play EAFC 24 on remote play? And does it work just like it does on console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play EAFC 24 on remote play? And does it work just like it does on console?: I have just bought a backbone controller for my iPhone so I can play games on the go. I was wondering if EAFC 24 works on remote play just as it does on console. Can I play online? And how does...
  4. Horizonal line going down middle of screen while stream/remote-in console Xbox on pc using...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Horizonal line going down middle of screen while stream/remote-in console Xbox on pc using...: Hi, While playing with cloud services or remoting in to my console I get a horizontal line appearing every few seconds. See video here: Recording 2023-11-18 090809.mp4 I have made sure all...
  5. No console appearing with remote play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No console appearing with remote play: I have Remote play enabled and all the minimum requirements are met, but when I try and connect to the console with the Xbox app no console shows up even though it’s on and updated? Is there...
  6. Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles.: Hi, I had a problem for quite some times, I used to be able to Remote play on my pc from both my two older xboxs, ( OG xbox one, And an Xbox One X ) both of those machine will remote play to my...
  7. Remote Play Not Working - We found your console but cannot connect

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play Not Working - We found your console but cannot connect: I am trying to connect to my XSX from work using my Windows 11 Laptop, I can see the Xbox inside the console list in the Xbox app, I try to connect and I get this error: We found your console but...
  8. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  9. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  10. X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?: Hi, I have read through many threads looking for answers and still haven't come to clear reason why this is still not working. Remote play works when on the same network but, will not work...