My computer freezes whenever i fullscreen a game and only when i fullscreen a game

Discus and support My computer freezes whenever i fullscreen a game and only when i fullscreen a game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A week ago my computer ran completely fine with no issues what so ever. One day my computer bluescreened and windows somehow got corrupted and i had to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lewis Wohl, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Lewis Wohl
    Lewis Wohl Guest

My computer freezes whenever i fullscreen a game and only when i fullscreen a game

A week ago my computer ran completely fine with no issues what so ever. One day my computer bluescreened and windows somehow got corrupted and i had to completely wipe my main drive and reinstall everything. Ever since then i cant play any games in fullscreen without my pc freezing for a few seconds then unfreezing and then once again freezing and it just repeats itself forever. I can play any game just fine in windowed mode but if you press the square in the top right to fullscreen the window it immediately starts freezing again. I can use any other application in fullscreen mode without it causing issues its only when its a game.
    My computer specs are:
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core cpu
    32 gigs of DDR4 ram
    1 terrabyte 970 evo samsung SSD
    few seagate harddrives
    NIVIDIA RTX 3070 gpu
    i dont know what else i would need to give information wise so if im missing anything please let me know

I havent tried alot of things since i dont even know how to address the problem. It seemingly works just fine with about everything else but issues only arise when i start trying to play a game. Also, the game i have been trying to play was lethal company which isnt a very big or demanding game to run i also tried minecraft and valheim. All 3 didnt work and just started freezing only when in fullscreen mode.

:)

Lewis Wohl, Dec 4, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: