My COD MW2 won't get off the press a to start screen?

Discus and support My COD MW2 won't get off the press a to start screen? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I just bought call of duty for Christmas and I was playing warzone 2.0 for a while and now whenever I try to get into call of duty I get stuck on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PCD Hyper, Jan 3, 2023.

1. PCD Hyper
    PCD Hyper Guest

I just bought call of duty for Christmas and I was playing warzone 2.0 for a while and now whenever I try to get into call of duty I get stuck on

the press a to start screen it won't let me in. I have a Xbox one so I don't know why it won't work

:)

PCD Hyper, Jan 3, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

This will depend on you, but if you would like to play the game campaign, you'll need to download the whole game.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Will you be playing the game online multiplayer or single-player campaign?

If you will be playing the game online, please make sure that you have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription by following the steps below:

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select System > Settings > Account > Subscriptions.

If you will be playing the game single player campaign, please follow the steps below:

Settings > General > Network Settings > Go Offline > Launch the game.
  4. PCD Hyper Win User

If I don't have Xbox game pass and I didn't download the campaign would I have to refund the game?
  5. NEEKS29 Win User

Cod MW2 - press A to start won’t load

Did you uninstall and reinstall the game? I get how frustrating it is as I was dealing with the same issue and Xbox Customer Support told me it was “a publisher issue” (Activision). I reached out to them as well with no response as of yet..

Trying to think I of all things I tried:

-uninstall & reinstall

-clear cache (hold Xbox button on console for 10sec until shuts off - let sit for 1 min- restart)

-router reset

-punched myself in the face

-hard reset (keeping games)

Fortunately the hard reset worked for me but I would note that if the game is messed up, that won’t work. So I would do the uninstall and reinstall first.
  6. TrippyDrippy954 Win User

Cod MW2 - press A to start won’t load

Still hasnt worked as of 10:45 pm PST 12/22/22. Followed every step and then some. Reset console, uninstalled and re-installed. Restarted and powred off console. The game I ust bought for $70 is unplayable.
Thema:

1. My COD MW2 won't get off the press a to start screen? - Similar Threads - COD MW2 won't

2. Having a Graphical issue in CoD MW2 and now MW3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having a Graphical issue in CoD MW2 and now MW3: I’ve had this issue for a while but just assumed it was a bug or maybe a TV/monitor issue and it would resolve itself but I am the only one experiencing it that I know of even after trying...
  3. Cant play COD MW2 Multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play COD MW2 Multiplayer: Keep getting the error, "You are missing one or more Multiplayer DLC packs. Please download and install." I have restarted my computer. I have uninstalled and re-installed, twice. I play on...
  4. I deleted cod mw2 for space but I downloaded it back for mw3 but when I login my account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I deleted cod mw2 for space but I downloaded it back for mw3 but when I login my account...: i lost all my skins,blueprints and level 13063ff6-5b18-400b-bd04-b4680661d746
  5. Unresponsive mouse in game COD MW2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unresponsive mouse in game COD MW2: When I load into 'Invasion' COD MW 2, on Xbox Series X, my mouse is unreponsive! This is not always the case. Mouse works in pre game screens, it is only when in the actual game lobby. This was...
  6. Why can't I talk on MW2, but I can on any other COD or Game on my Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I talk on MW2, but I can on any other COD or Game on my Xbox?: I own an Xbox Series X. I have used both a Wired Xbox Controller, an Xbox official Wireless Controller as well as a PowerA Fusion Pro 2 Wired Controller and I continue to have the same issue. I...
  7. I'm temp banned on cod mw2 2023 I'm wondering how long I have left? Is there any way to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm temp banned on cod mw2 2023 I'm wondering how long I have left? Is there any way to...: Keep getting temp comm banned on cod mw2 2023 by the AI mod they have and I'm wondering how much longer I have. 56fb1abc-53d3-4e0f-a51b-d5c5bf8a1ca3
  8. Why won't COD MW2 Campaign packs not show on the addons page?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't COD MW2 Campaign packs not show on the addons page?: I am on ps4 and the cod mw2 game on the games section says "purchase modern warfare 2 to access everything" but i bought the game digitally so i checked the add-ons page to see if there was the...
  9. ..COD MW2 won't load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ..COD MW2 won't load: Just installed COD MW2 and getting same problem of not being able to get past the Press Button A screen as reported by loads of people on this site. I can play COD Vanguard which sits along side...
  10. COD MW2 2022 won't install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD MW2 2022 won't install.: I've tried everything, I've restarted my Xbox multiple times. Deleted the game from my Xbox, and when I try reinstalling the main game it gets to 8% then says Instalation Stopped. The right side...