My child's Microsoft account has been Hacked she cannot access Edge, or Minecraft account....

Discus and support My child's Microsoft account has been Hacked she cannot access Edge, or Minecraft account.... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Daughter's Microsoft account was hacked. My email was removed as a secondary email. She lost access to Edge and Minecraft, Xbox etc. The person... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cris Carmona, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Cris Carmona
    Cris Carmona Guest

My child's Microsoft account has been Hacked she cannot access Edge, or Minecraft account....

My Daughter's Microsoft account was hacked. My email was removed as a secondary email. She lost access to Edge and Minecraft, Xbox etc.

The person altered the permission in Family Safety so that we could not change their settings.

The Hacker's emails that replaced my daughters' is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***.

:)

Cris Carmona, Apr 22, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

My child's Microsoft account has been Hacked she cannot access Edge, or Minecraft account. How to solve this?

Hi Cris!

Sorry to hear about what happened. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. Please be advised that due to our account safety and security, only us the account owners have the ability to recover our accounts and verify their ownership. Even a Microsoft Support cannot recover our accounts on our behalf because they're protected by the security information we have setup on our accounts which we only have access to.

Since you got the hacker’s email address, please use that as the account you are trying to get back into in filling out the recovery form here https://account.live.com/acsr

Check the link below for more information or tips regarding the account recovery form.
    https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...
  3. Rostom L Win User

My child's Microsoft account has been Hacked she cannot access Edge, or Minecraft account. How to solve this?

I am afraid that the hacker would be able to cancel the 30-day waiting period if he's able to read the email regarding the security change request because he basically has full control of the account. Hopefully he doesn't see it.

As for the Family Safety concern, he shouldn't be able to change his role as admin or organizer if the account was only added as a member to the group. I would advise you not to remove it from your group.
  4. Cris Carmona Win User

We did as you said and were able to access the Microsoft account and Minecraft with the email of the hacker and the new password. We tried to change the email of the hacker but it requested us to send a code to the security email that the hacker put there. So we click 'we didn't have any' way of receiving the code and followed the instructions. So now we have to wait 30 days for the verification and replace of the security information.

She is accessing, as I said the Minecraft and other things with the hacker's email and the new password we created. My question is, what if the hacker enters the Microsoft account again and changes again the email? Is it possible that they do that?

We are feeling so insecure now.

Another question, how can the person change their role to an administrator in our Family Safety in their desktop (the hackers's desktop information appears in our Family Safety) so that some resources of the Family Safety do not work? How can this happen as my child is under age? She shouldn't be able to do that as the age is state as 17, right?

Should we remove her from the family security while the email is the hacker's?
  5. Humanelf24 Win User

Child account not showing up to change settings

Hi

I have tried logging in to her account on the laptop and when i click the friends part it just comes up with a page saying a child is trying to access the settings, this is the url

support.xbox.com/.../error-child-trying-to-access-settings
    . Just to confirm she is using minecraft pe on her android tablet and logs in to her microsoft account with a gmail address and when i go to the my family part of microsoft theres no gamer tag for
    her and no way of changing her settings. She has a gamer tag on the xbox page.
  6. pasqualeeno Win User

Unable to access the settings to access realms

Hi!

Clear your browser history (how to do) and login to https://account.xbox.com/settings using your Microsoft account. If the issue persist, try to connect using a different browser (e.g. Edge).

If yours is a child account, you can't change privacy settings. Child accounts are considered all accounts under the age of 16 for the US & EU, 19 for South Korea. If there isn't an adult account associated with the child account, the adult will have to make a Microsoft account & associate the already created child account with it. Only parent accounts can change settings.

You can check the date of birth on your profile here: https://account.microsoft.com/profile/

This article provides the privacy settings required to enable Minecraft realms access:

I'm trying to set up an Xbox Live or Microsoft Account (including Realms access for Child Accounts!)

Regards
Thema:

1. My child's Microsoft account has been Hacked she cannot access Edge, or Minecraft account.... - Similar Threads - child's Microsoft account

2. I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...: I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox for my child for xmas but he cant use his headset to talk to friends why is this? 01ac49d7-7f8b-42bc-9b68-95c805540615
  3. My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?: Hi can anyone help? In family safety app we’ve added money to our child’s account - it’s there in his wallet yet when he logs into Fortnite on xbox it keeps telling him to ask a parent I get the...
  4. Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...: I have an XboxS. I have an account myself and I have two child accounts, Child1 and Child2. Yesterday I added money to Child1's account. We can see this clearly in the order history of my MS...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account: This is the error: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: 3XA/FPqDTES6BD/2.9.351 It has been...
  6. why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account: why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account if it not letting you add money e974ba10-1168-414a-99dd-f621cee7d340
  7. i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass....

in XBoX Accessibility
    i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass....: when my child tries to purchase the pc game pass it keep saying that parental approval is needed, but that they have no way to contact me and there are other ways like asking for it. the whole...
  8. Is there a way to change a Xbox/Microsoft account from a child to adult without a adult...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to change a Xbox/Microsoft account from a child to adult without a adult...: I have owned this account for some years now and I am of age to remove this issue. However I do not have an Adult Account to switch me out of it. I thought that during each birthday I would get...
  9. How can I sign into a child's profile of a Microsoft family account on Nintendo Switch...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I sign into a child's profile of a Microsoft family account on Nintendo Switch...: We have a family account, with one parent profile and two child profiles. I am trying to sign into one of the child profiles on Minecraft on Nintendo Switch. When I go through the process of...
  10. How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?: I made a big mistake setting up my child's xbox, linking her profile to my email address and microsoft account. I know, I know, so thoughtless!!! Because child is a minor I now cannot access the...