My child’s account has been locked and Microsoft will not send me a code to unlock!

Discus and support My child’s account has been locked and Microsoft will not send me a code to unlock! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got my kids an Xbox Series X for Christmas. I set up a child account for each of them - three in total. They each have a controller, set up to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EmmaBear79, Dec 30, 2020.

1. EmmaBear79
    EmmaBear79 Guest

My child’s account has been locked and Microsoft will not send me a code to unlock!

I got my kids an Xbox Series X for Christmas. I set up a child account for each of them - three in total. They each have a controller, set up to automatically log them into their account. Everything worked great - for a day.

Then all three of their accounts were locked. I was able to unlock two of them by following the steps at account.microsoft.com.

But when I got to my third child and entered my phone number to receive the code, I received a message “Usage attempts exceeded. Try again tomorrow.” So i waited 24 hours and tried again. Same error message. So i waited another 24 hours and tried again.
    SAME ERROR MESSAGE.

When I called customer service, I was told there was nothing they could do. That the ONLY way to unlock an account is through the online steps. She suggested I... try again in 24 hours.

This is MADNESS. My kids did absolutely nothing wrong. I got two of the accounts unlocked, but I can’t unlock the third (for my SEVEN year old) and Xbox support cannot offer me a solution. After spending nearly $1,000 on this system with accessories and
    Game Pass, I AM FURIOUS.

:)

EmmaBear79, Dec 30, 2020
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Account Locked Permanently ! (HELP!)

Hello Orange, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you
    Not a Microsoft employee

I'm sorry to hear your Microsoft account has been locked, I just want to point that you request the unlock only with the account reinstatement form

https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/a...

No one at Microsoft support can unlock it for you without sending the form
  3. Samifyed Win User

Minecraft account locked.

No, It says:

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Your account has been locked

We've detected some activity that violates our Microsoft Services Agreement and have locked your account.

Unlocking your account

Choose Next and we'll send a verification code to your phone. After you enter the code, you can get back into your account.

Anyways thanks for responding!
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

barred from inviting or accepting family group requests

Hi CASEYO3! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Xbox accounts age can't be changed, only way the age of the account changes it's trough time, so depending on the age set at creation of the account, if it's according to the child age, when the child becomes an adult in that region the account will also become an adult account automatically

If an account has been locked, support can't unlock it, they don't have access for this, you should follow the process to unlock an account

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

I'm guessing that you can't add the account to a family because it's locked but if there's a different reason please share it
  5. Cristiana_C Win User

Why is my acc lock

Hello!

There are several reasons why your Xbox account may have been locked.

Accounts are usually locked if the account holder has violated the Microsoft Services Agreement.

Some common reasons for account locks include malware, phishing, and other harmful activities, as well as spam. If you believe that your account has been locked in error, the quickest way to get your account unlocked is by requesting and entering a security code online.

If you haven’t tried unlocking your account online, here an article that should help. If your security code doesn’t work, make sure you enter the numbers in the body of the message, and not the numbers in the header. I hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cristiana
  6. llIl lllIlI Win User

Xbox Compliance Lock Issue.

Hey man, same thing happened to me here.

One of my accounts has been locked for almost a month now, and Microsoft has been 0 help.

If you have any updates on your accounts, or a method you used to unlock your account, let me know.

- Caleb
Thema:

1. My child’s account has been locked and Microsoft will not send me a code to unlock! - Similar Threads - child’s account has

2. How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...: I have Minecraft for PC and she has it on her Nintendo Switch. She is on the family group and linked to my account. I followed some instructions to send her an in-game invitation and she came up...
  3. I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult, but my child who has a separate account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult, but my child who has a separate account...: I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult (it wouldn't let me order it as my child), but my child who has a separate account can't access the game pass - is there a way to transfer the...
  4. How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...: I have Minecraft for PC and she has it on her Nintendo Switch. She is on the family group and linked to my account. I followed some instructions to send her an in-game invitation and she came up...
  5. My child has an Xbox profile associated with my Microsoft account email. Is there a way to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My child has an Xbox profile associated with my Microsoft account email. Is there a way to...: My child has an Xbox profile associated with my Microsoft account email. Is there a way to switch his profile to a new email address? 1a3275f6-525e-4236-aac7-0a2d79377ec7
  6. Child MS account has 3rd party apps blocked for Halo MCC??? How do I fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child MS account has 3rd party apps blocked for Halo MCC??? How do I fix this?: I bought the Halo: Master Chief Collection today for my daughter's Steam account so we can play together. Unfortunately, she is unable to login into her Microsoft account where it states that...
  7. My under age child has an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My under age child has an adult account: Hi. We are having huge problems with my 14 year old son who has become addicted to using his Xbox. He is refusing to go to school and locks himself in his room all day/night in order to play....
  8. Trying to create a family group but eldest child has xbox in my email account name

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to create a family group but eldest child has xbox in my email account name: Really struggling, I have a Microsoft account under my gmail account and my eldest son has his xbox account linked with it. Ideally I'd like him to be a child within the group and invite y other 2...
  9. My child has remaining funds but I keep getting sent to add more money to the account when...

in XBoX on Windows
    My child has remaining funds but I keep getting sent to add more money to the account when...: Hi, I am trying to approve a purchase request on my child's account. The account information page indicates she has $11.34 remaining on her account. I am trying to approve a purchase request for...
  10. Can't approve XBox account for a child who already has a Microsoft Account on Windows 10.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't approve XBox account for a child who already has a Microsoft Account on Windows 10.: I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-child-profile/a26776ee-a955-40ef-b625-af2c580c44c5 have...