My brother and I share the same console the problem is my progress is shared to both our...

Discus and support My brother and I share the same console the problem is my progress is shared to both our... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My brother and I share the same console the problem is my progress is shared to both our accounts so he can play where I stopped, how can we both play... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Rob Vili, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Rob Vili
    Rob Vili Guest

My brother and I share the same console the problem is my progress is shared to both our...

My brother and I share the same console the problem is my progress is shared to both our accounts so he can play where I stopped, how can we both play the same game but have our own personal progress?

:)

Rob Vili, Nov 14, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

My brother and I share the same console the problem is my progress is shared to both our accounts so he can play where I stopped, how can we both play the same game but have our own personal progress?

That shouldn't be a problem as long as you're game-sharing with him, if he has his own account, he should have his own progress. Please perform a power cycle on your console.

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. Rob Vili Win User

Thanks for the reply, we both have our own accounts , it’s just whenever we switch accounts the game still continues off of where I left it
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

It's odd because game progress is linked to the account itself and can't be shared. He may be using the same account as yours, Rob.

When he will play, make sure that your account is signed out on the Xbox console.
  5. Rob Vili Win User

It doesn’t work unfortunately, I switched the accounts and it still continued on from where I left off, does it have something to do with the fact that I brought the games?
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

you must be using one Microsoft account currently then, you both need your very own Microsoft accounts to have everything separate
Thema:

1. My brother and I share the same console the problem is my progress is shared to both our... - Similar Threads - brother share same

2. If I my brother bought the vault edition of MW3 and is game sharing with me is it possible...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I my brother bought the vault edition of MW3 and is game sharing with me is it possible...: I’m am game sharing MW3 with my brother and wanted to get the skins but don’t want to have to spend the extra 100$ to get the game and vault pack can I just buy the vault edition upgrade...
  3. If I buy the vault edition and I profile share with my brother and he buys the vault...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy the vault edition and I profile share with my brother and he buys the vault...: If I buy the vault edition and I share my games to my brother and he buys the vault add on will that work so he can have a vault edition or does he need to buy the whole game for mw3...
  4. sharing EA FC 24 with my brother

in XBoX Accessibility
    sharing EA FC 24 with my brother: My father bought us single license for EA FC 24. We have two different xbox consoles in our home to do not fight each other who is going to play now. My question is: is it possible to share one EA...
  5. I’m game sharing with my brother and if he buys a certain addition with a game do I get the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m game sharing with my brother and if he buys a certain addition with a game do I get the...: I was wondering if I should buy a game or he should buy because I want to get vault edition of call of duty mw3 but in the future but if I buy the vault edition will he get the exclusive stuff I...
  6. Brother suddenly lost access to my shared Ultimate membership

in XBoX Accessibility
    Brother suddenly lost access to my shared Ultimate membership: Hello. I have my brother's Xbox set as my home Xbox to share my Ultimate subscription. It has been working for years, however today he lost access to it. No settings have changed, I've verified...
  7. Can I Share GamePass Ultimate With My Brother?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I Share GamePass Ultimate With My Brother?: Hi, I have an gamepass ultimate and I use it only on my xbox, my brother uses pc and I want to share my gamepass with him because I don't use mine on pc. Is there a way to do it ? Thank you...
  8. i did game share with my younger brother and i had battfeild 5 i got free with the xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i did game share with my younger brother and i had battfeild 5 i got free with the xbox...: i cant see on my owned games and now I have to pay for it. 56402c92-761c-4ffc-a59d-63831aee8a1b
  9. How do I share my GamePass Ultimate subscription with my brother?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share my GamePass Ultimate subscription with my brother?: I have already set the home screen on both accounts but it does not work. 5d6fb0e7-b2ac-492b-8291-846642e79ee9
  10. I’m trying to game share with my brother save the world from my main account to a different...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m trying to game share with my brother save the world from my main account to a different...: I’m trying to game share with my brother save the world from my main account to a different account and it’s not working may I get some help 6637599f-ad2e-4f05-8142-6df77ca3f60e