My brother and I share a PC, he can't play the game pass games I have downloaded and vice versa

Discus and support My brother and I share a PC, he can't play the game pass games I have downloaded and vice versa in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My brother and I both got game pass on our accounts recently, he downloaded Gears of wars 5 in his account first. When I try to play gears 5 it prompts... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Aromero36, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Aromero36
    Aromero36 Guest

My brother and I share a PC, he can't play the game pass games I have downloaded and vice versa

My brother and I both got game pass on our accounts recently, he downloaded Gears of wars 5 in his account first. When I try to play gears 5 it prompts me the option to install in the xbox app, the download auto finishes since I believe it detects the game
    files are already in the disk D: and a message from microsoft store pops up saying the game is ready to launch but on the xbox app it goes back to Install option. If I click the windows store message then the xbox app crashes and I have to quit it and open
    again. My brother and I tried to prove how it worked, we logged into his account and he could play Gears of wars 5 with no problem, but when he tried to play any of the games I've downloaded using my account, then the same issue that I had with gears 5 would
    happen. I had one game installed in disk D: using my account, then he installed the same game but in disk C:, and this allowed him to finally play the game, but does this mean I have to have each game installed 2 times on my pc in different drives just so
    the both of us can play it? Kinda sad since we are both paying for the service.

I tried logging into my brother's xbox account being ligged into my user on the PC and it would propmpt a message saying that my xbox account and microsoft store account accounts were different, there stating that if I logged into the microsoft store account
    of my brother too whilst being in my pc user still probably the app would let me play the game, but its kinda dumb since in the end it means I would have to be logging into his xbox and microsoft store accounts each time I want to play the game?

I believe the issue lies on the app detecting that the permissions are granted to the first microsoft user that downloaded the game on the device and not being able to switch permissions based on who is logged into the PC although it can recognize that the
    game files are on the PC already creating an issue regarding permissions between the users of the device itself.

I just want something like my and the microsoft app having good communication so they can say: Oh, he is a different user on the PC but he has game pass too, lets let him play the game that its already installed on his PC although it was downloaded by the
    other user because in the end they both have acess to it because they are subscribed to the same service. I myself can locate the game files on disk D:, but I cannot gain permissions for my account to use it manually for obvious microsoft security reasons,
    but its still frustrating that something I could do manually cannot be done by the PC and the app itself.

I hope the devs can fix this issue soon, cause paying 2 times for the same service and not being able to use cause of dumb reasons like this is just plain stupid. I tried to contact support but the guy was telling me the reason might be that gears was not
    included in Xpass, and that if I wanted a refund to subscribe to ultimate to I could play gears cause it was included in ultimate pass. I mean the guy didn't even know the product he himself was suppossed to work with and the list of game it actually includes.
    Even if i subscribed to ultimate I would just gain access to the ultimate edition of the game, which in the end if it is treated as the same game files that are already installed on my PC then the problem would obviously persist. I don't blame the guy on support
    since this is a fault on the developer's end, but its still really frustrating thet even support can't fix something like this. Hope this post reaches to someone working on the app and they can give a solution. Thanks for your time reading this and i'll be
    waiting for answers.

:)

Aromero36, Nov 22, 2019
  2. AngelObullets Win User

On game pass ultimate both accounts need to have the game pass since there isn't any game sharing on pc, I came across the same issue but it fixed itself when both myself and partner got Xbox game pass ultimate at the same time.
  3. Aromero36 Win User

the thing here is that we both have game pass on our accounts, so that shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the reply though.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox Game Pass Subscription bug

Is it possible, the games you downloaded are Xbox Play anywhere games? If so, then those games can be downloaded onto your Xbox One even if you only have Game pass for PC. It also works vice versa, if you have Xbox Game Pass for console too.
  5. EVO Knight Win User

Backward compatibility and xbox live issue

dont see an option to download a profile. I see an option to " connect to live" but when I click it it times out and sais I cannot connect.

My brother and I are game sharing and he has my GT on his console as my home and vice versa for him. I wonder if I get him to log into my profile and do what you said if it will correct it?
  6. Smwutches Win User

Microsoft family share across 2 accounts.

Having him in your family would not effect being able to share with him. The Home setting is the only thing that allows you to share games. So if he's not playing on your Home console, he would not be able to access your games and vice versa.
Thema:

1. My brother and I share a PC, he can't play the game pass games I have downloaded and vice versa - Similar Threads - brother share can't

2. If I my brother bought the vault edition of MW3 and is game sharing with me is it possible...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I my brother bought the vault edition of MW3 and is game sharing with me is it possible...: I’m am game sharing MW3 with my brother and wanted to get the skins but don’t want to have to spend the extra 100$ to get the game and vault pack can I just buy the vault edition upgrade...
  3. If I buy the vault edition and I profile share with my brother and he buys the vault...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy the vault edition and I profile share with my brother and he buys the vault...: If I buy the vault edition and I share my games to my brother and he buys the vault add on will that work so he can have a vault edition or does he need to buy the whole game for mw3...
  4. sharing EA FC 24 with my brother

in XBoX Accessibility
    sharing EA FC 24 with my brother: My father bought us single license for EA FC 24. We have two different xbox consoles in our home to do not fight each other who is going to play now. My question is: is it possible to share one EA...
  5. I’m game sharing with my brother and if he buys a certain addition with a game do I get the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m game sharing with my brother and if he buys a certain addition with a game do I get the...: I was wondering if I should buy a game or he should buy because I want to get vault edition of call of duty mw3 but in the future but if I buy the vault edition will he get the exclusive stuff I...
  6. Brother suddenly lost access to my shared Ultimate membership

in XBoX Accessibility
    Brother suddenly lost access to my shared Ultimate membership: Hello. I have my brother's Xbox set as my home Xbox to share my Ultimate subscription. It has been working for years, however today he lost access to it. No settings have changed, I've verified...
  7. Can I Share GamePass Ultimate With My Brother?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I Share GamePass Ultimate With My Brother?: Hi, I have an gamepass ultimate and I use it only on my xbox, my brother uses pc and I want to share my gamepass with him because I don't use mine on pc. Is there a way to do it ? Thank you...
  8. i did game share with my younger brother and i had battfeild 5 i got free with the xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i did game share with my younger brother and i had battfeild 5 i got free with the xbox...: i cant see on my owned games and now I have to pay for it. 56402c92-761c-4ffc-a59d-63831aee8a1b
  9. How do I share my GamePass Ultimate subscription with my brother?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share my GamePass Ultimate subscription with my brother?: I have already set the home screen on both accounts but it does not work. 5d6fb0e7-b2ac-492b-8291-846642e79ee9
  10. My brother and I share the same console the problem is my progress is shared to both our...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My brother and I share the same console the problem is my progress is shared to both our...: My brother and I share the same console the problem is my progress is shared to both our accounts so he can play where I stopped, how can we both play the same game but have our own personal...