My brand new Xbox X won't update just loaded games

Discus and support My brand new Xbox X won't update just loaded games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My new Xbox X loads game from disc but then stalls on 1st update so game unplayable. It has done this to 2 different games. I have networked games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jason MOODY1, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Jason MOODY1
    Jason MOODY1 Guest

My new Xbox X loads game from disc but then stalls on 1st update so game unplayable. It has done this to 2 different games. I have networked games across form my 360 and they play fine. Network good. Looked everywhere in settings etc and online but nothing mentioned. Have hard reset, reloaded factory rest multiple times. Linked me phone via hotspot to check data transfer for the update but shows no traffic. No number to call for this specific issue so wpuld appreciate help. Thanks

:)

Jason MOODY1, Dec 28, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hello, good luck and let me know if you need anything more happy day,
  3. Jason MOODY1 Win User

Hi Marvina, I have made contact with Xbox support and have not had a reply yet. I am assuming you were referring to them as well. This is my 3rd Xbox and first time with an issue. I will call where I bought it from and request a replacement or refund as it seems Microsoft have made it impossible for me to get this resolved. Thnaks anyway
  4. MarvinaPerez Win User

I can't help you directly, but I could make a link to technical support and have you contact experts if you agree.
  5. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

If you just turned on your Xbox console, and you see a black screen instead of the Xbox boot animation screen, leave the console on the black screen for at least 10 minutes to see what happens.

Note A black screen does not always mean there is an error. During startup, your console runs a full system check, validating the firmware and operating system. These checks run in the background and may take several minutes to complete.

If your console stays stuck on the black screen for at least 10 minutes, go to:
    Perform an offline system update
    If you wait 10 minutes or more and the black screen eventually changes to another screen (for example, the home screen, an image of the Xbox controller, or the "Choose your time zone" screen), restore your console to factory defaults.

Note We recommend that you keep your games and applications installed when performing this step, unless you intend to erase the console to trade it in or resell it.
    To do this, follow the steps indicated in:
    How to reset Xbox console to factory defaults

Warning Restoring your console to factory default settings will erase all accounts, apps, games, game saves (that have not been synced to the cloud), and settings. For more information on how cloud saves sync, see:
    Frequently asked questions about Xbox game saves in the cloud

If the console reset completes successfully, you will be asked to repeat some general console setup steps before returning to the main screen.
    If resetting your console doesn't fix the issue, you'll need to submit a request to have your console repaired.

To submit a repair request, visit:
    Device service and repair
    These types of errors can appear before, during, or after the start of a system update. Generally, these errors are network or caching issues. Try the following:

Check your network connection. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings (known outages will appear under Current network status). Select Test network connection.

If the connection test is successful, continue to the next step.
    If the connection test is not successful, see Troubleshooting your Xbox network connection for help troubleshooting your connection. Then try installing the system update again. If it still doesn't work, continue to the next step.

Fix Xbox network connection issues
    Power cycle your console. Press and hold the Xbox button  on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. When the console is off, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds. Then plug the console back in and turn it on by pressing the Xbox  button.

Once the console restarts, try installing the system update again.
    If the update still doesn't work, go to:
    Perform an offline system update

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/es-CL/help/hardware-network/console/system-update-solution

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  6. Jason MOODY1 Win User

Hi Marvina, thanks for that but I can't see any where you have talked about the communication issue regarding games performing their initial update and stalling...if it was there cpuld you please reclarify. I have reset, reloaded, hard boot the console multiple times. If I can't get a resolutions it will be refined time back at the store. Thanks again
Thema:

1. My brand new Xbox X won't update just loaded games - Similar Threads - brand won't update

2. Why won't my new fan that I put on my Xbox one x turn on even Thoe It's an brand new fan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my new fan that I put on my Xbox one x turn on even Thoe It's an brand new fan?: I have an xbox one x, It works fine but the fan on it stopped working so I put a Brand New fan on it and the fan still won't turn on and I plugged it in the right way too. Why is the fan not...
  3. Brand new Xbox series x won't connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox series x won't connect to wifi: Hi I got the Xbox series X for husbands bday ordered it thru Amazon a few weeks ago. We were trying to set it up today and it will not connect to our wifi or my mobile Hotspot like I seen on a...
  4. Brand New series S console won't stay connected to internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New series S console won't stay connected to internet.: I just purchased a Gilded Hunter bundle and just finished the setup process for the console but the console is refusing to stay connected to my iPhone Hotspot; and yes i know the implications and...
  5. 4k blu Ray LOTR - won't read disk on brand new x series

in XBoX on Consoles
    4k blu Ray LOTR - won't read disk on brand new x series: I just bought the 4k UHD Lord of the rings extended editions, but my x series won't read the disk? Any suggestions? Im reluctant to spend more money on a dedicated 4k player when I only got the...
  6. Brand new xbox x won't go past verifing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new xbox x won't go past verifing: Brand new xbox x won't go past verification fa3af728-87f7-45ae-89f2-374586649bdc
  7. Brand new Series X shut off and won't turn back on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Series X shut off and won't turn back on: I just recieved an Xbox Series X for Christmas and I had it on for a few hours last night just installing a few games and messing with it and it was fine, turned it on probably about an hour ago...
  8. Brand new Xbox series x won't read pristine disk to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand new Xbox series x won't read pristine disk to install: I bought a Brand new Xbox series x. I'm in the process of trying to install a couple of games and it's trying to tell me that my disk is dirty or damaged. My disks are both in pristine condition.....
  9. Brand new controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new controller won't turn on: Hi, I purchased an Xbox Pulse Red 1914 controller today. I plugged it in to my PC, downloaded the Xbox Accessories app, and updated the firmware to 5.13.3143.0 I then inserted the batteries and...
  10. Brand new Xbox Series X won't play any games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand new Xbox Series X won't play any games: I have a brand new xbox series X. I initially managed to download and play flight simulator, however now a games crash after they load, which has made the xbox unusable. We have tried all the...