My Backup account is stuck as a child account

Discus and support My Backup account is stuck as a child account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just recently made a backup account on my Xbox One, but the account is stuck as a child account even though the birthdate is over 18 years old.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Folded X Napkin, Mar 16, 2018.

1. My Backup account is stuck as a child account

I just recently made a backup account on my Xbox One, but the account is stuck as a child account even though the birthdate is over 18 years old. Please help

:)

Folded X Napkin, Mar 16, 2018
  2. Miss Kleo
    Miss Kleo Guest
    Stuck as Child account

Hey there gobbybobby! I'm sorry to hear you've had a bit of a run around. I'm afraid you won't be able to upgrade your account until you regain access to that parent account email to agree to the TOU. So let's see if we can work on that!

To start, have you attempted to reset the password for the email provided to you by the TOU prompt? If not, you can
    reset your password here.

If that is unsuccessful, you'll need to attempt to regain access through another means. Your best bet would be to fill out our
    Account Recovery form for that email address with as much information as you can possibly provide. Will you let us know when you've taken those steps? Thank you!

Miss Kleo, Mar 16, 2018
  3. gobbybobby
    gobbybobby Guest
    Stuck as Child account

When I sign into xbox live it asks me to agree to the new Terms and conditions, I click agree, then it tells me I have to get parental permission, and asks me for an email address I have never heard off.

I have had this hotmail account for 10+ years. I am 19, its clearly shows that in my date of birth on account info, I have no idea what the password or secret answer is for the supposed parent account. I tryed calling up Xbox support, who directed me to
    Microsoft hotmail services, who directed me straight back to Xbox support, its an endless loop, both departments claim they can't fix this issue, I am unable to sign in...

gobbybobby, Mar 16, 2018
  4. Miss Kleo Win User

Stuck as Child account

Hey there gobbybobby! I'm sorry to hear you've had a bit of a run around. I'm afraid you won't be able to upgrade your account until you regain access to that parent account email to agree to the TOU. So let's see if we can work on that!

To start, have you attempted to reset the password for the email provided to you by the TOU prompt? If not, you can
    reset your password here.

If that is unsuccessful, you'll need to attempt to regain access through another means. Your best bet would be to fill out our
    Account Recovery form for that email address with as much information as you can possibly provide. Will you let us know when you've taken those steps? Thank you!
  5. ngocphi Win User

Stuck with child account

you just.remove.it but you would have to replace it with another until you turn 18

And no you can't change.thendate when that happens
  6. Cpt Flappy Win User

Stuck in Child Account

contact customer support at 1-800-469-9269 and tell them the issue. they will either tell you the account listed as the parent account or confirm there is no parent account attached to your account and create an escalation for an "orphaned" account which
    will allow you to add a new account that is an adult account to be added as the parent account to yours. this will take a few days but once complete should allow you to add a new parent account to moderate your child account.
  7. RudeOwl48289 Win User

xbox live

That stinks. I purchased a gold account on my parent account thinking that I was buying it for my child. Am I stuck with it? Or should I contest the charge to my credit card?
  8. VernierSlake Win User

i need child account help BAD!

The family gold pack was designed for two adult accounts and two child accounts rather than three adults and one child or one adult and seven children. Hence you're stuck.
Thema:

My Backup account is stuck as a child account

1. My Backup account is stuck as a child account - Similar Threads - Backup account stuck

2. is there a way to transfer my b04 stuff from my backup xbox account to my main account?

in XBoX on Windows
    is there a way to transfer my b04 stuff from my backup xbox account to my main account?: i want to transfer my stuff from b04 from my back up account to my main account 152528f6-7dd7-404e-8fd2-d18a0308c66b
  3. Is there any way i could add/change my backup email for my microsoft/xbox account email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way i could add/change my backup email for my microsoft/xbox account email...: a little while back i lost access to my main Microsoft account because of fishy activity or something and now i cant use my email and due to that ive lost access to many online accounts using the...
  4. How can i restore my Microsoft Account without 2FA and backup emails?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i restore my Microsoft Account without 2FA and backup emails?: [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] My Microsoft account got hacked. The hacker was baiting me to get him verification codes of changing the security info of my...
  5. How to restore my Microsoft Account without 2FA and backup emails?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to restore my Microsoft Account without 2FA and backup emails?: [mod removed] My Microsoft account got hacked. The hacker was baiting me to get him verification codes of changing the security info of my account, then got raid of my account. He deleted the...
  6. Why Xbox One S is synchronizing everything from account? Can I remove the 'backup' somewhere?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Xbox One S is synchronizing everything from account? Can I remove the 'backup' somewhere?: Why Xbox One S is synchronizing everything from account? Can I remove the 'backup' somewhere? Like I wanted to begin from 0% for the setup of Xbox, but instead, it synchronized everything, also...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 account backup

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 account backup: so I loan my account so my brother can download the game for himself. But when I open my game again my progress is restarted. And cant find a way to get it back so I wondered if you guys had like...
  8. Why is my backup account getting things before my main, even though it's not an insider...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is my backup account getting things before my main, even though it's not an insider...: My backup has access to the new game tab in the Guide, while my main doesn't. That's weird and shouldn't happen. submitted by /u/Filthy_Firestarter [link] [comments]
  9. Why does MS ask for a backup account for gold membership.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why does MS ask for a backup account for gold membership.: Loaded gift card onto account but MS is asking for a backup. What a scam MS is stealing from kids 526fd373-7997-4b08-934b-9ea0cb72a2a9
  10. I have backup account i cant access i forgot gmail to account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have backup account i cant access i forgot gmail to account: forgot gmail to account and password but remember my gamertag can anybody help ? 85b84fe7-f394-4f2f-8c53-13d09a6e15ae