My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find...

Discus and support My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an Xbox one S. I’m not sure why the mic works in discord, but not in the Xbox party. I don’t change anything when I switch, my mic isn’t muted... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by 3azyMoney12, Aug 16, 2023.

1. 3azyMoney12
    3azyMoney12 Guest

My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find...

I have an Xbox one S. I’m not sure why the mic works in discord, but not in the Xbox party. I don’t change anything when I switch, my mic isn’t muted but when I go to an Xbox party others can’t hear me

:)

3azyMoney12, Aug 16, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find your mic”

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.

Uninstall Dolby atmos and set up cables/buttons and Xbox exactly as it is in the video. https://youtu.be/A-T9kucG5nQ
    Power Cycle: Press and hold the video game's power button until it turns off. After it turns off, unplug it for 5 minutes and then plug it back in. ! (Note): This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to provide accurate and secure information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products that are often classified as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before deciding to download and install it.'. (Note) The link being shared is in English and may require translation software to read the page content.

I hope I helped and see you soon.
  3. N7 Gh0stz Win User

Turtle Beach Earforce Stealth 500X

all i can say is make sure you update them before using them also if you want the best then go with ASTRO i use ASTRO A40's got them in 2011 and work fine im getting the new GEN 2 astro a40's next week they say they work for ps4 but they work fine with xbox
    one you just need a mic cable and chat adaptor the mic cable is £6you can also get wireless astros which are the a50's also if you dont care for 5.1 or 7.1 then the astro a40's built for xbox one and the mix amp is on the controller they are £170 and stereo
  4. mpowers96 Win User

Microphone Sensitivity

I have astro a40’s not the stock xbox mic
  5. Lykwid2x Win User

Features that need to be added - Constructive Feedback

I'd like to get the ability to to have Party Chat playback going through the TV speakers, while the microphone on the headset is still the input.

My current set up re-routes all the tv output through my Astro A40's, and I'd still like to have the XB1 headset around my neck as the mic while I can listen through my A40's. This was possible on the 360, but not on the XB1.

So now I have to use the kinect as my mic, and due to its placement in my set up - severely reduces mic quality.

At least until they get the Astro Mixamp to XB1 connection figured out.
  6. Joey EU Win User

Reducing voice volume when playing a game?

I want to use my old Astro A40's on the XB1 and the only way to do this is to use the Kinect mic. Whenever I join a party the game volume immediately reduces. I'm surprised you haven't experienced this yourself!
Thema:

1. My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find... - Similar Threads - Astro A40 mic

2. Astro a40 microphone problem on windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Astro a40 microphone problem on windows 11: I have an astro a40. I checked all options and i still have this low volume microphone. I have checked microphone volume and all this things but I still can't get heared by my friends. It is...
  3. Should I be running Dolby atmos or stereo uncompressed for my Astro A40’s ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I be running Dolby atmos or stereo uncompressed for my Astro A40’s ?: I’m thinking stereo uncompressed makes footsteps easier to decipher between rather than surround sound. Any thoughts? 9aa85272-1f42-4dd3-83ef-32b640501492
  4. Astro A40 TR +Mixamp audio issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Astro A40 TR +Mixamp audio issues: Hi there, I've recently installed the beta for MW2 and whenever I go into a game I get a horrid screeching noise through my headset. I also get the same noise when playing forza horizon. I don't...
  5. I can't hear voice chat in games astro A40 XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear voice chat in games astro A40 XSS: i can't hear voice chat from games i have an astro headset a40 4 gen and the astro optical audio adapter with an xbox series s, everything Is update, my audio settings are stereo uncompressed...
  6. Astro A40 tr +M80 mixamp not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A40 tr +M80 mixamp not working: I recently bought the astro A40 tr +m80 mixamp but they do not work with my Xbox elite series 2 controller on my Xbox series x. If I use the basic audio cable that comes with the headset, I get...
  7. Why is my astro a40 mic not working with no mixamp.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my astro a40 mic not working with no mixamp.: I got the astro a40s for christmas but I don't know how to fix the mic with no mixamp on xbox with no pc 94dac18a-95a9-4eac-8866-ed9b3aa18c79
  8. Astro A40 mic and game chat problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A40 mic and game chat problem: My friend and I are having problems with our Astro A40s when trying to talk in game chat. Both our voices are clear in party chat, but when we switch to game chat, we can't understand what either...
  9. Astro A40 Mic Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A40 Mic Not Working: Headset- Astro A40 2014 version w/mix amp. Problem- At first my headset was working fine, i could hear people talk, they could hear me talk, and of course with the a40's i had amazing game audio....
  10. Mic Adapter and Astro A40's

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Adapter and Astro A40's: Hi guys i am looking to buy a pair of A40's for my pc but would also like to use them with my xbox one. Does anybody know if there are any issues with the xbox one headset adapter with using Astro...