My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support...

Discus and support My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; It’s as the title says. Since about November my account ‘s on file card was used to purchase an Xbox live subscription of $10.65. This did not give MY... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mina W, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Mina W
    Mina W Guest

My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support...

It’s as the title says. Since about November my account ‘s on file card was used to purchase an Xbox live subscription of $10.65. This did not give MY account the “benefit” nor did I authorize the subscriptions, yet my card was being used. I requested a chargeback from my bank and received as such- however I’ve seen reports of people getting banned for chargebacks? If the card was on my account will I be banned? JUST TO CLARIFY- I’m fairly sure these weren’t from my Xbox Account but directly from my card. So would I be at risk for a ban because it just so happened that same card is on my XBL account? My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support... :( I’m very stressed.

:)

Mina W, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support wasn’t helpful so I issued a chargeback, will my account be banned?

Hi Mina, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I truly am sorry to hear that.

Chargebacks can lead to suspensions, but since it wasn't on your account, in theory, it should be ok.

But, to make sure, I kindly ask you to speak with the XBOX Staff.

Please enter this link:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

They can check your information and verify what is happening.
  3. Mina W Win User

My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support wasn’t helpful so I issued a chargeback, will my account be banned?

Wow thank you so much! I tried talking to customer service but it cut me off and stated they were closed unfortunately. I’ll try again when they’re open again. I’m just stuck on that in theory idea with you as well- I have no record of the purchases or subscriptions on MY account, yet I am worried that because the card was tied to it, I’ll receive a ban. :(
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Please do try when they are open, it is better to clear this question and be safe.

Because it does qualify as a breach of conduct:

Gaining refunds (“chargebacks”) through a bank or other financial institution for the purposes of circumventing Microsoft refund policies

I hope you won't be suspended.
  5. MungaCHung Win User

Adding Paypal as a Payment Option

Look it says here "If you receive an Error: 8382025C the PayPal account you are trying to add is not supported. Xbox LIVE only supports PayPal accounts that have a credit card or confirmed bank account as a funding source. Update your PayPal account with
    one of these funding sources, or try using a different PayPal account."
    support.xbox.com/.../use-paypal

it says "credit card or confirmed bank account" and I have a bank account, yet people keep telling me I need a credit card attached, even though Xbox states that the credit card is a option???? I have got the Error: 8382025C every single time. My PayPal
    has to be supportable because I have used it in different purchases before, so why isn't Xbox live supporting my one??
  6. HassanB Win User

remove my credit card from my x box live account

Hello,

If you have a current Xbox LIVE Gold subscription with that card on file you will not be able to remove it. If you wish to immediately remove the card, you will need to
    contact phone support and have them cancel the account, this will remove the gold membership on your account and then you'll be able to remove the card on file.

As an alternative, you can simply turn off automatic renewal on the account and when the membership
    lapses you will become a "Free" member and you'll then be able to remove the card on file. Instructions on how to remove the card on file can be found
    here.
Thema:

1. My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support... - Similar Threads - account’s card file

2. My account changed a card that was not on my account anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    My account changed a card that was not on my account anymore: My account changed a card that was not on my account anymore 6a83efcb-76d3-48a2-944f-7edde445ddf9
  3. If I remove my xbox accounts off my xbox an there's no accounts on it will my credit card...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I remove my xbox accounts off my xbox an there's no accounts on it will my credit card...: If I remove my xbox accounts off my xbox an there's no accounts on it will my credit card info still be on my xbox or no 22ab783c-e586-46a6-b867-b46083329c88
  4. How do I find out what account is using my card information.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I find out what account is using my card information.: My card information is being uuused by another account and I would like to know the account so I can press charges. 682c5017-d291-4aae-85e6-acdcf7f8fe55
  5. Dev account cost paying without credit card

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dev account cost paying without credit card: Hello i have a question i would like to add a dev account to my account the costs are 14 euro... i have 15 euro in my account it gives me the option to pay in credit card or in promo code... i...
  6. I redeemed a card for fortnite but the items are not in my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed a card for fortnite but the items are not in my account?: So basically I redeemed a code for a fortnite pack but the items have not appeared in my account? When I go to input the code again or check my account it says it’s been purchased/redeemed but...
  7. My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...: My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know how do I request a refund? eba99bf0-a833-4cdc-844b-1228486113ac
  8. My account was hacked and I need a refund on three gift card purchases

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked and I need a refund on three gift card purchases: My account was hacked and they bought three gift cards before I locked my card. 2 $10 gift cards and 1 $15 gift card. I need my money back. Order numbers: [mod removed]...
  9. What to do if I claim Xbox gift card on the wrong account

in XBoX on Windows
    What to do if I claim Xbox gift card on the wrong account: I accidentally claimed my $20 Xbox gift card on the wrong account and I am trying to get it onto my main account 24c0ca6d-0f2a-4531-ab80-d7845238922d
  10. My FREE XBOX Live account was cancelled for not having a credit card on file for billing

in XBoX on Consoles
    My FREE XBOX Live account was cancelled for not having a credit card on file for billing: Used to have a credit card on file. It expired. I did not add a new one because I have children that use the xbox for Netflix and to play child-friendly games. If I have a credit card on file,...