My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...

Discus and support My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know how do I request a refund? eba99bf0-a833-4cdc-844b-1228486113ac Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by L GOLIATH, Mar 13, 2024.

1. L GOLIATH
    L GOLIATH Guest

My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...

My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know how do I request a refund?

:)

L GOLIATH, Mar 13, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know how do I request a refund?

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft account being compromised and purchases were made without your consent.

You may request a refund by signing your account and follow the instructions through this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

I would also recommend securing your account further in order to prevent your account from being hacked by changing your account password on account.microsoft.com > go to Security > Change Password.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

How do I complain about customer service

If your account has been hacked...

1 change password

2 maybe enable a 2 step verification

Incidently, purchases made from a hacked account constitute fraud and theft, so technically would be a police matter.

My 1st point of call would be my bank, or credit card company, whichever was used for purchase
  4. Mikey Mud Win User

Why can't I remove my billing information?

After getting hacked and having someone purchase nearly $100 worth of MS points to my card, I was also interested in getting my credit card information off my account. Like the OP, couldn't do it without providing another card number.

One work-around is what I did - I purchased a pre-paid debit/credit card (cheapest I could find was $25 at Target) and switched that with my real credit card. My account took that, and if my account somehow gets compromised again, the purchase will likely
    be refused due to lack of funds.
  5. ali bekri Win User

My account is hacked

Thanks for your reply.

I have taken steps already! Someone hacked in as my family member purchased bunch of credits and left my account

I did reset my password and removed the credit card from my account immediately

I also called my credit card to stop the pending transactions but they said they can’t do that ! Microsoft however can ! But you guys as Microsoft do not have any quick line of communication for such fraudulent activities when they are observed by your clients! That is frustrating!

Moreover, they said I cannot wi disputed charges since Microsoft account is hacked and Microsoft needs to deal with that.

You as Microsoft needs to have secure accounts so that someone cannot easily hack into them or if you don’t have then you need to deal with it ! Stop it quickly! And give credits back. Why do I have ti deal with a credit card company??? They have given me a credit card to use and I linked it to my Microsoft account. What part of it is their fault ? They don’t hack their website or my account in their organization!

So I expect you guys to deal with this as quick as possible! You lack of security has caused all of this.

Thanks

6. matahari0711 Win User

Account hacked..

I had my account hacked this week and they used up the 5000 points I had in it plus bought another game with the credit card I have in the account on the 23rd May. I called support and reported it and they helped me going through the security changes. I
    want to reverse these charges made on my card with my bank (which I can since this is fraud) but where does that leave me with XBL? I don't feel like paying a credit card bill for a purchase I didn't make? Anyone knows if it's ok with XBL to reverse the fraud
    purchase on my card?
Thema:

1. My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know... - Similar Threads - account was hacked

2. My account was hacked activity.

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked activity.: My account was hacked. I received an email from microsoft of suspicious activity. It was me. I already removed credit card info and reset my password. What do I do for the pending charges? It is...
  3. My Main account got hacked and i had to do a new one so i can write a ticket

in XBoX on Windows
    My Main account got hacked and i had to do a new one so i can write a ticket: I joined a Discord for minecraft and i had to verify and after i did that he changed everything password and email. My email was *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  4. I think my minecraft account is hacked and I did not find what to do

in XBoX on Windows
    I think my minecraft account is hacked and I did not find what to do: I recently got my microsoft account Hacked by a player from a minecraft server i was playing on called hypixel. However, I miraculously managed to get everything back, i changed my password and...
  5. My account got hack

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account got hack: My old account miss poki808 got hack 448502eb-35c2-4ae7-97a4-0ec584ca6335
  6. Account Has Been Completely Hacked... Any Hope?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Has Been Completely Hacked... Any Hope?: To preface, I wasn't entirely sure which product to put this post under, but the circumstances of my question arose from gaming. My entire Microsoft account was hacked about two hours ago whilst...
  7. microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same: Hello, a russian dude hacked into my Microsoft account and changed the email but he didn't change the password, I want to change my email but it needs confirmation from the email account he...
  8. My account was hacked and got changed password and now i cant do anything i cant log in too...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My account was hacked and got changed password and now i cant do anything i cant log in too...: i got home from school and wanted to play games and saw that i couldn’t log in i tried everything and still nothing worked 3a48f0a3-a93d-464a-91e7-06d6ff615d3a
  9. My old xbox account named xen luvs god was hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My old xbox account named xen luvs god was hacked: The account xen luvs god, which was previously mine was hacked yesterday, the password was changed, the recover phone number was changed, and the recovery email was changed, the email that created...
  10. Xbox Group Post Exploit / Hack that leads to banned accounts.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Group Post Exploit / Hack that leads to banned accounts.: Multiple users with new accounts are using a system or exploit to exploit the automatic ban feature built into Xbox. My account of 10 years, and many of my friends have had multiple false strikes...