My account on Xbox is getting Japanese prices when I'm not actually in Japan

Discus and support My account on Xbox is getting Japanese prices when I'm not actually in Japan in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have set my account to be in my country on Microsoft, but for some reason it does not transfer that info to the Xbox app. So it shows the Japanese... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SonicMam, Sep 3, 2022.

1. SonicMam
    SonicMam Guest

I have set my account to be in my country on Microsoft, but for some reason it does not transfer that info to the Xbox app. So it shows the Japanese prices of everything, meaning I can't set my billing info to buy any games. Anyone know how to change these settings inside of Xbox or do I have to wait till the settings on Microsoft go through to my Xbox account?

Thanks for the help

:)

SonicMam, Sep 3, 2022
  2. SonicMam Win User

Hi Josef!

I looked through my PC settings and found that it was located in Japan for some reason! I think did that as a joke way back when I built it, but I fixed it and now everything works. Thank you very much!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this SONICMAM

In order to assist you properly please answer the following questions :

Where are you physically located? (Country)
    If you go to your Microsoft profile here, what country it's saying?
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile
    If you go to xbox.com in your PC or Mobile device and sign in with your account, are you still seeing Japanese prices?
    If you go to your console settings > System > Language & location. Japan is selected there or not at all?
  4. ngocphi Win User

Already purchased download has become unavailable

"Hi there, I'm from Germany and I bought my Xbox360 in my time when I lived in Japan so of course my account is japanese."
  5. ngocphi Win User

i cant download rezurrection pack 4 for call of duty black ops

ok if you are on a japanese account

are you physically in japan?

if not that would be why

the region of an account must match your actual location
  6. WingusB Win User

Games with gold

Perhaps I should spell it out a little clearer.

We are located physically in the USA

We have several USA consoles but decided to buy a Japanese console to be able to play region coded discs from Japan. When the value pack arrived we had to migrate one of our gold accounts to the Japan region to be able to redeem the digital download code
    for Tomb Raider which came with the console from Japan. It was the only way to solve the issue of being able to redeem the code. Now when trying to redeem the Games with Gold game for this half of the month we are getting an error associated with region
    code problems. The Xbox and the gold account are both Japanese and the Game is the Japanese version of Halo 3. It's listed as free from the Japanese xbox live marketplace, but when we attempt to download it we get the error.
Thema:

1. My account on Xbox is getting Japanese prices when I'm not actually in Japan - Similar Threads - account getting Japanese

2. How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error....

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error....: How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error. "Failed to link, contact support." Blah blah blah. Please help! f1fa2460-00ef-46c3-a360-aa24377c382f
  3. I didn't get the Twitch/TikTok cape on my java account

in XBoX on Windows
    I didn't get the Twitch/TikTok cape on my java account: I have redeemed both codes before 8th of June, they didn't appear after the 8th, so I tried imputing codes again but it says that I own the product already b83ee281-181f-489b-8e49-89636378fb7e
  4. Is there a way to get a free Xbox developer account for students.

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to get a free Xbox developer account for students.: I heard about a way to claim a Microsoft partner center promo code for free on azure if you're a verified student, but it's long gone now. My question is, how to claim a promo code if you are a...
  5. How do I get in contact with Microsoft support so they can help me get an account that was...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get in contact with Microsoft support so they can help me get an account that was...: so they can help me get an account that was hacked and replaced my email with some sketchy outlook email I have the email that originally had it but my Microsoft email got changed and it says my...
  6. How do I reset an Xbox so I can get my old account on it and set it up the way I want it set up

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I reset an Xbox so I can get my old account on it and set it up the way I want it set up: How do you reset an Xbox so I can get my old account on my new one because my old one is gone and I've tried using the help with the Xbox but it just keeps taking your stupider stuff or someone...
  7. I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?: I don’t want to get my account banned for being bottes but i want the account adding to stop c01c2e73-89d2-4985-b4db-7dd4ee4e9627
  8. Sorry I need my roblox account back I accidentally and I can't get it back because I forgot...

in XBoX on Windows
    Sorry I need my roblox account back I accidentally and I can't get it back because I forgot...: I need my pw for roblox if you guys can get it can you please b4171b36-64cc-4a48-8efa-d8df90ed8363
  9. If i get banned from my console on a smurf account could i put my main account on a...

in XBoX on Windows
    If i get banned from my console on a smurf account could i put my main account on a...: I got banned on my console from a smurf account could i add my main to a different xbox without it getting banned? 88515475-8e95-4295-8636-35fac60403d6
  10. Someone is sending me a bunch of bot followers and I’m afraid my account will get banned

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Someone is sending me a bunch of bot followers and I’m afraid my account will get banned: Someone sent me over 5000 bot followers and it’s still going and I’m afraid my account will get banned fc54852f-49ab-48c6-9489-6508acb40ea3