My account is stuck on child default (it was set as adult when being created)

Discus and support My account is stuck on child default (it was set as adult when being created) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I play daily and recently I've had difficulty gaining access to certain parts of games and I realised my account is stuck as the child default... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ShayWebb, Aug 8, 2020.

1. ShayWebb
    ShayWebb Guest

So I play daily and recently I've had difficulty gaining access to certain parts of games and I realised my account is stuck as the child default setting to where I am limited to what I do.

I try to change the setting many times and no fix and I need a way to fix this as this has impact most games I play.

If anyone can help me fix this I'll be thankful.

:)

ShayWebb, Aug 8, 2020
  2. EpicMErcBOss Win User

create another adult account on your xbox and use that to change your current account to adult as well
  3. Photonimus Win User

I can't sign in.

If your child is not an adult account, being a child account when created, and never promoted to an adult if you are of age, then it will require the parental email to sign the updated TOU.

There is no way around this.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Changing Others can communicate with voice text or invites to Everybody on PC

[...] It says I need to change Others can communicate to everybody, with a link to the page. However, when I click on the link I have been redirected to a change settings on a child account page. I have never known of any "Adult" account being linked
    to mine [...]
    That message about child accounts usually happens, if you are signed in on a child account (i.e. an account that is not yet of legal adult age according to the birthdate you have entered when you created the account).

If you have a child account, you will need an adult parent account that signs in on
    https://account.microsoft.com/family and adds your child account to their adult family account.

Then the adult has to go to
    https://account.xbox.com/settings
    and click on your child account. Then they can set up your child account's online and privacy settings accordingly.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Closing account loopholes

Its an adult account ....
    In that case you already do NOT have any control over the account anymore.

As soon as an account is deemed to be an adult account (determined by the birthdate entered when the account was created), the account can leave the family, and set their own online and privacy settings.

There is no way to control an adult account with another adult account.

Only child accounts can be controlled by an adult account. And if your kid is using an adult account, they are regarded as being adults.
  6. Bandido1508 Win User

Son spent money on Roblox

The way this is supposed to be set up is that you have a child account and an adult account. The child account is a separate account but it cannot act independently of the adult account. From the adult account you can set purchasing permissions and even
    set a monthly allowance that will not be exceeded. You can also set restrictions on what you child views or sees and how they can pick friends.

The problem is that most of the time when these accounts are set up, parents do not create a child account, they just set up an adult account for the child, and we cannot set permissions on an adult account.

The only thing you can do with an adult account is remove any payment methods and add gift cards to the account as needed. That way when the money is gone its gone.
Thema:

1. My account is stuck on child default (it was set as adult when being created) - Similar Threads - account stuck child

2. why is my XBOX account stuck on parental settings besides never being a child account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my XBOX account stuck on parental settings besides never being a child account...: i cant do anything online its just locked me to offline so i cant do certain races and play with my friends [img] 1f44dc33-ebc6-438b-887b-be8e7d137d0b
  3. Stuck on Child Account, can't play realms on Minecraft.

in XBoX on Windows
    Stuck on Child Account, can't play realms on Minecraft.: Hello, I'm unable to play realms on Minecraft Windows 10 edition as I can't change the privacy settings. I tried following this article:...
  4. My Microsoft account is stuck on a child account with no parent

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account is stuck on a child account with no parent: I'm trying to de-restrict certain privacy settings on my Xbox account but am faced with a message saying that I need parental consent. However, when I check the 'Family' tab on my account, it...
  5. My Backup account is stuck as a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Backup account is stuck as a child account: I just recently made a backup account on my Xbox One, but the account is stuck as a child account even though the birthdate is over 18 years old. Please help 9f7e3995-4568-44ed-80cb-6142a5287450
  6. im stuck on a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    im stuck on a child account: I want to change my gamer picture on my Xbox account to a custom one it wont let me and says "for custom images, you need to be older" I've done some research and found out that this is because...
  7. Stuck with child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuck with child account: I am stuck with a child account. How do i remove the parent if the account doesnt exist anymore? a97f3cff-d326-409c-a4f1-6df10975ddc5
  8. Stuck in Child Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuck in Child Account: Help, I recently purchased an Xbox one and have an account with Xbox live gold, I wanted to install the free game of the month. But it states that I must change downloading permission, and that I...
  9. Child account stuck in annoying parents Microsoft account invalid loop.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account stuck in annoying parents Microsoft account invalid loop.: My child's account was under a broken parent email account so I was going to switch It to mine. All was going fine until In the middle of the process it said it failed. I though, "aw crap" and...
  10. Child account approval stuck in loop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account approval stuck in loop: Right for the last month now i have tried to get my kids account approved for online play , i log in with her account , it comes back with an adult needs to approve the account, i log in with my...