My account is set to child settings but the settings say it's an adult account

Discus and support My account is set to child settings but the settings say it's an adult account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My account has been set to custom to where i can put whatever i want but i cant change my picture anymore i cant change things like that because its... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tommy✔️, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Tommy✔️
    Tommy✔️ Guest

My account has been set to custom to where i can put whatever i want but i cant change my picture anymore i cant change things like that because its told me that ive been set to "child" setting instead but when i look its set to custom the way i had it and
    i never changed does anyone else have this problem?

:)

Tommy✔️, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

If your date of birth that you originally set your Xbox account up with, is under the age of 18 (20 South Korea and Japan) then you will have to wait for it to naturally propogate to an adult account. Date of birth can not be changed once entered at original
    set up.
  3. Bandido1508 Win User

Son spent money on Roblox

The way this is supposed to be set up is that you have a child account and an adult account. The child account is a separate account but it cannot act independently of the adult account. From the adult account you can set purchasing permissions and even
    set a monthly allowance that will not be exceeded. You can also set restrictions on what you child views or sees and how they can pick friends.

The problem is that most of the time when these accounts are set up, parents do not create a child account, they just set up an adult account for the child, and we cannot set permissions on an adult account.

The only thing you can do with an adult account is remove any payment methods and add gift cards to the account as needed. That way when the money is gone its gone.
  4. AndreaBroda Win User

Problema Contenuti Generati da Utenti

Is your account set up as a child account? Those messages sound like they relate to child account settings.

If you do have a child account, those settings will need changing in the adult account it is associated with.
    Nono It's a Adult Account, Without restrictions.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Changing Others can communicate with voice text or invites to Everybody on PC

[...] It says I need to change Others can communicate to everybody, with a link to the page. However, when I click on the link I have been redirected to a change settings on a child account page. I have never known of any "Adult" account being linked
    to mine [...]
    That message about child accounts usually happens, if you are signed in on a child account (i.e. an account that is not yet of legal adult age according to the birthdate you have entered when you created the account).

If you have a child account, you will need an adult parent account that signs in on
    https://account.microsoft.com/family and adds your child account to their adult family account.

Then the adult has to go to
    https://account.xbox.com/settings
    and click on your child account. Then they can set up your child account's online and privacy settings accordingly.
  6. Bifrosteri Win User

Forza Horizon 3 PC problem family safety

well what if i cant access my xbox settings it only says error child trying to access settings and redirects me to a page on how an parent can change the settings even when my account is an adult account?...
Thema:

1. My account is set to child settings but the settings say it's an adult account - Similar Threads - account set child

2. I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...: I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox for my child for xmas but he cant use his headset to talk to friends why is this? 01ac49d7-7f8b-42bc-9b68-95c805540615
  3. Setting up child account on XBox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Setting up child account on XBox: So I've created a new Microsoft email account for my son, and then added an account to our XBox. But I'm having the following issues: * By default, if I turn on the XBox, it logs into my account...
  4. What is the best way to set up a child's Xbox account to allow time limits and for him to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the best way to set up a child's Xbox account to allow time limits and for him to...: Forgive me if this has been answered, I was unable to find a satisfactory answer after much time spent researching the topic... About a year ago, my son got an Xbox. I think it is an Xbox One S....
  5. I cant change settings due to it saying you are using a childs account when im not

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant change settings due to it saying you are using a childs account when im not: I cant change settings due to it saying you are using a childs account when im not 15ba4c93-2cbe-41fe-8269-9ea1fa7b2721
  6. How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?: I made a big mistake setting up my child's xbox, linking her profile to my email address and microsoft account. I know, I know, so thoughtless!!! Because child is a minor I now cannot access the...
  7. Convert regular account to a child account OR set time limits on regular account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Convert regular account to a child account OR set time limits on regular account: I let my son use my Microsoft account for many years and he's accumulated a number of games, items, etc. on Xbox mostly. However, I have to be able to set time limits for him and we can't figure...
  8. I never set up a child account, I have played games that are 18+ before but now it says I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I never set up a child account, I have played games that are 18+ before but now it says I...: I had xbox gamepass a year ago (more or less) and have been able to play games that were rated 18+. My account date is set to 23/10/1990 so why does it ask for parental permission to play a game...
  9. How to: Child Account Set up to Enable Join Multiplayer Games

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to: Child Account Set up to Enable Join Multiplayer Games: Before I start: sorry for my unclear English, I will try to explain my concern by editing the question, if necessary. I have a private Microsoft account and a connected XBOX-account. I also have...
  10. How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me: Ok community. Let's see if anyone has run this gauntlet. Here are the factors: I want to take on the subscription for Xbox Live for my kiddo (10 years old.) They live with their other parent....