My Account Has Reverted Into A Child Account Even Though It Was Set Up As An Adult Account

Discus and support My Account Has Reverted Into A Child Account Even Though It Was Set Up As An Adult Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I posted a post before about how i accidentally changed my DOB to a child account and then in return couldn't edit some features in the settings, a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Charlie Coyne, May 10, 2020.

1. My Account Has Reverted Into A Child Account Even Though It Was Set Up As An Adult Account

I posted a post before about how i accidentally changed my DOB to a child account and then in return couldn't edit some features in the settings, a user replied with how some services where down like gamerpic changing.

However the issue has now appeared more apparent as now whenever I try to watch youtube or netflix, i have to enter a password, i know that this is a quite minor problem, but it is still quite annoying to have to enter a password whenever i want to watch
    something.

I can't go into the settings to change the privacy and online safety to an adult account as, when i leave the settings and re-open them, the changes i have made have been reverted to a child account.

I am wondering if somehow my account can be reverted into an adult account (as I am an adult).

Kind regards,

Charlie

:)

Charlie Coyne, May 10, 2020
  2. Bandido1508 Win User

Son spent money on Roblox

The way this is supposed to be set up is that you have a child account and an adult account. The child account is a separate account but it cannot act independently of the adult account. From the adult account you can set purchasing permissions and even
    set a monthly allowance that will not be exceeded. You can also set restrictions on what you child views or sees and how they can pick friends.

The problem is that most of the time when these accounts are set up, parents do not create a child account, they just set up an adult account for the child, and we cannot set permissions on an adult account.

The only thing you can do with an adult account is remove any payment methods and add gift cards to the account as needed. That way when the money is gone its gone.
  3. AngelObullets Win User

Profile Picture

Hi there Vinni 62

They can only do it on adult account not a child account sorry, Even if the parent gives permission the account needs to be an adult not a child, sorry it is the way the account secuirty is set up. Also you cannot change an child account to an adult due
    to it set to date of birth when signing up I hope this helps :D.
  4. Smwutches Win User

xbox live child account deleted by mistake

Please don't bump old threads. It is not possible to revert an adult account to a child account.
  5. Auswulf Win User

HELP

It will stay a child account usually intil the age of 18, then it will revert to an adult account. There is no way to change the birthdate already set and is permanently blocked . You will have to wait it out.
  6. XBF George L Win User

XBox One Time Limits not working

Thanks for the replies!

So when your son is able to sign into the account on the days that it is set to blocked is it possible that there is also an adult account signed in even though its not being used. If a parental account is signed in at the same time as the child account
    then it assumes that the child account has permission since they are playing together. If the child has figured this out you can Set up a Passkey
    to prevent the parental account from being signed in.

A passkey protects against a child signing in as the parent and overriding parental controls. A personal passkey prevents a child from simply clicking on the parent’s picture, signing in as the parent, and changing the child’s otherwise
    parentally controlled settings.
Thema:

My Account Has Reverted Into A Child Account Even Though It Was Set Up As An Adult Account

1. My Account Has Reverted Into A Child Account Even Though It Was Set Up As An Adult Account - Similar Threads - Account Has Reverted

2. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  3. Account Has Been Completely Hacked... Any Hope?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Has Been Completely Hacked... Any Hope?: To preface, I wasn't entirely sure which product to put this post under, but the circumstances of my question arose from gaming. My entire Microsoft account was hacked about two hours ago whilst...
  4. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  5. My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...: I need to find out what is going on with my brother account on Xbox one it not give him his gift card credit of 50 pound please help and tell me y please c9ea2a75-e215-4803-81f7-aea4a3e2f4c8
  6. permanently banned untill my account has been suspended untill 12/31/9999.

in XBoX on Consoles
    permanently banned untill my account has been suspended untill 12/31/9999.: How ever you are suspended for your account deleted Roblox Xbox series x or Xbox one ada6e8eb-e791-4193-8ff5-d2102ad25eb0
  7. After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account: Disregarding this being my 4th model, I sent my Elite Series 2 Core (Blue) controller I'm for repair under warranty, because (you guessed it) the RB went out. It was returned to me, and the RB...
  8. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  9. Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....: Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit. PUR-AmountLimitExceeded cr9fxcQklYIcxwwB5bD87B.341.4 This shows up when i try to subscribe to Gamepass...
  10. My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use: My Xbox account has reverted back to a very old gamer tag and can not get any one from Xbox or sort it out. Never buying another Xbox terrible support 95d20364-8e99-4d5b-a299-55587a0f3b31