My 3.0 2TB USB won't format for games nor apps

Discus and support My 3.0 2TB USB won't format for games nor apps in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got a 3.0 USB flashdrive with 1.88TB of space and ive formated it to NTFS. It gives me the option to format the drive for games and apps yet when i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hing3lMacring3l, Feb 15, 2017.

1. My 3.0 2TB USB won't format for games nor apps

I got a 3.0 USB flashdrive with 1.88TB of space and ive formated it to NTFS. It gives me the option to format the drive for games and apps yet when i format it nothing happens. I dont know what to do ive searched everywhere to solve the problem. Does anyone
    know what I can do?

:)

Hing3lMacring3l, Feb 15, 2017
  2. xbox one recognizes drive, won't let me format for extra storage

Just to be sure... does your hard drive use USB 3.0? If it's a USB 2.x hard drive, the Xbox One won't be able to format it for use with games/apps.

Theory of Game, Feb 15, 2017
  3. PLZ HELP! Cannot format my external HDD within Manage Storage

Lots of messages in the forum so missed this one ...

Are you sure the Hitachi 500GB is USB 3.0?

You may want to verify that again with your Mac.

If Xbone does not recognized the USB 3.0 HDD it will not allow you to format it for games and apps.

With your Mac you might also try to format for NTFS.

Make sure it is USB 3.0 first.

Hope it helps.

LittleBigPlanet, Feb 15, 2017
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Hey Hing3lMacring3l! Are you able to see your external drive in the storage section of the settings? More info available

here
    . Post back and let me know!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Mister Cizl, Feb 16, 2017
  5. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey Hing3lMacring3l! Are you able to see your external drive in the storage section of the settings? More info available

here
    . Post back and let me know!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  6. Theory of Game Win User

xbox one recognizes drive, won't let me format for extra storage

Just to be sure... does your hard drive use USB 3.0? If it's a USB 2.x hard drive, the Xbox One won't be able to format it for use with games/apps.
  7. MasterGrunt1170 Win User

5TB Hard Drive On Xbox One?

i am currently using a seagate 2tb drive formatted to NTFS and i am still getting this message of it needing to be 256G or more and USB 3.0. the drive is 2 tb, last i checked that is larger than 256G and the connection is USB 3.0. any suggestion to help
    me get it working? also last i checked USB connectors that are 3.0 usually have a blue piece. please correct me if i am wrong in assuming this means its 3.0.
  8. LittleBigPlanet Win User

PLZ HELP! Cannot format my external HDD within Manage Storage

Lots of messages in the forum so missed this one ...

Are you sure the Hitachi 500GB is USB 3.0?

You may want to verify that again with your Mac.

If Xbone does not recognized the USB 3.0 HDD it will not allow you to format it for games and apps.

With your Mac you might also try to format for NTFS.

Make sure it is USB 3.0 first.

Hope it helps.
  9. Malacath Win User

Which external hard drives do you use (up to 2 TB)?

I use a WD Elements 1TB USB 3.0 portable hard drive. There is also a 2TB available.

Just don't buy a Seagate drive as they have compatibility problems with the 360.

And don't worry about format because the 360 has a format option that will format the drive to FAT32 for you.
Thema:

1. My 3.0 2TB USB won't format for games nor apps - Similar Threads - 2TB USB won't

2. Seagate 2tb usb expansion hard drive series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate 2tb usb expansion hard drive series s: I got given a seagate 2tb usb external hard drive and when I've tried to download flight sim on my series s it says it has to be in external storage or storage expansion card, after abit of...
  3. El xbox series s soporta una memoria usb de 2tb con formato exFat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    El xbox series s soporta una memoria usb de 2tb con formato exFat?: Quisiera saber si el xbox series s soporta una memoria usb de 2tb con formato exFat? Es para instalar juegos en el usb y tener más espacio 8ec40a47-a984-4390-83d0-2ef090ad7691
  4. Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive: So i gave my little brother my Xbox and im gonna go the PC route now. Can i use the external hard drive on the PC and play the digital copy games that are on it? If there is a certian software or...
  5. Usb downloads 80% of games then says device full on a empty 2tb

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Usb downloads 80% of games then says device full on a empty 2tb: I am using a 2tb USB on my xbox360, when I try to download any game on it the game downloads up to 80% then says device full when I still have 1921Gb of free space on it....
  6. seagate 2tb external usb 3.0 hdd won't reformat properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    seagate 2tb external usb 3.0 hdd won't reformat properly: I bought a 2tb external HDD a year ago, works flawlessly, issue is I originally had it formatted straight out of the box for my Xbox One. I consider myself to be rather techy but this one I cant...
  7. How to make 2TB in USB Flash disk (XBOX 360 S)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make 2TB in USB Flash disk (XBOX 360 S): Dear all, help me, please. I can´t make 2TB in my USB Flash disk. I have 32GB flash and I would like to format it into 2TB. Please, can you write me the instructions? Thanks. Milan...
  8. Xbox 360 2TB External USB Hard Drive Requirements?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 2TB External USB Hard Drive Requirements?: Hi, I would like to know if there are any minimum requirements for adding an external hard drive to the Xbox 360, apart from: 2 TB Maximum capacity USB 2.0 I have ordered a Seagate Expansion...
  9. Xbox One External Storage (Seagate Expansion 2TB USB 3.0) wont allow games/app saves and ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One External Storage (Seagate Expansion 2TB USB 3.0) wont allow games/app saves and ...: I bought a Seagate Expansion 2TB 3.5-Inch Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 for my Xbox One. When I plug it into the Xbox One, it is detected but only for music and other media. I cannot use it...
  10. Trying to Hook up a 2TB USB 3.0 Ext HD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to Hook up a 2TB USB 3.0 Ext HD: so i have an ext hd and i wanted to put my movies and shows on it...(dont need the space for games)....wanted to use it with Media Player App... Is this possible? i reformatted it when i plugged...