MW3 Vault (Ultimate) Edition isn’t showing cross gen option

Discus and support MW3 Vault (Ultimate) Edition isn’t showing cross gen option in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, I purchased the vault edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 so i could play on my series x and my one x. Since space is tight on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MATTHEW B 1212, Nov 5, 2023.

1. MW3 Vault (Ultimate) Edition isn’t showing cross gen option

Hey all, I purchased the vault edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 so i could play on my series x and my one x.

Since space is tight on my series console I'll sometimes download the xbox one version of some games so they can be played off an external hard drive, this has been the case for the past couple of CoD games.

For some reason though, I've been unable to download the xbox one version of MW3 on my series x. Under 'owned games' in my library there is only a single MW3 tile, whereas with cold war and vanguard there are seperate tiles for xbox one and series consoles, even the cross-gen battlefield 2042 has 2 individual tiles.

This problem has come about because the Witcher 3 has just got a MANDATORY update which locks series console users out of using the original xbox one version, and therefore has to be installed on the internal drive.

I hope this is not the typical 'best experience' rubbish Microsft seem to force on their consumers, and is just a error with it not displaying. You are REMOVING my freedom of choice by between the 2 versions I own and have purchased on the console.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

MATTHEW B 1212, Nov 5, 2023
  2. James maxey Win User

i bought mw3 vault edition and its not showing up
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello MATTHEW B 1212,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you are having challenges in downloading and installing Modern Warfare 3 in your Xbox Series X. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

To install MW3 vault edition from your Xbox One to your Xbox Series X, you need to have the digital cross-gen bundle of the game first. This bundle allows you to play the game on both consoles with the same account. If you have the cross-gen bundle, you can upgrade to the vault edition by following these steps:

For your reference, see: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III Editions FAQ (activision.com)

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Ram evo Win User

Hello,

I purchased the vault edition which includes the old gen copy of the game but is not showing up on my Xbox S where can I find it?
  5. Ted141 Win User

yea but i have modern warfare three on my xbox one s but i just got a gaming laptop for xmas and i logged in to my account i have all my progress the only thing that didnt transfer over is modern warfare 3
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello MATTHEW B 1212,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Thema:

1. MW3 Vault (Ultimate) Edition isn’t showing cross gen option - Similar Threads - MW3 Vault Ultimate

2. Vault edition for Xbox 1 mw3 not working. It's loaded but not Vault edition for Xbox 1 mw3...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Vault edition for Xbox 1 mw3 not working. It's loaded but not Vault edition for Xbox 1 mw3...: Vault edition for Xbox 1 mw3 not working. It's loaded but not unlocking any weapons or skins b27f262f-4544-4426-b72f-0cbe85e6299a
  3. Paid for the MW3 Vault Add-on for £30 and it’s not showing in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paid for the MW3 Vault Add-on for £30 and it’s not showing in game: I paid for the MW3 Vault Add-on for £30 and it’s not showing in game. All content is installed, the Xbox has been reset, game has been updated and reinstalled, when I go into the game it’s still...
  4. I just bought mw3 last night. With a vault edition upgrade. When I go onto play it all I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought mw3 last night. With a vault edition upgrade. When I go onto play it all I...: I bought MW3 last night. When I try to play it just tells me that I need to buy vault edition. Thats what I bought but it still tells me to buy it. I don't understand why this is happening...
  5. Will it be possible to upgrade from mw2 vault edition to mw3 vault edition on xbox series s ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will it be possible to upgrade from mw2 vault edition to mw3 vault edition on xbox series s ?: I own mw2 vault edition, and I was wandering will it be possible to upgrade to mw3, as it gives me the option to upgrade or will I have to purchase the whole new game ?...
  6. I bought mw3 vault edition for my account and my partner bought the vault edition upgrade...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought mw3 vault edition for my account and my partner bought the vault edition upgrade...: I bought mw3 vault edition for my account and my partner bought the vault edition upgrade for her account her xbox series x is my home xbox so why is she not getting the vault edition items...
  7. I purchased the vault edition upgrade for my MW3 cross gen digital edition and now i cannot...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased the vault edition upgrade for my MW3 cross gen digital edition and now i cannot...: I installed all of the vault edition upgrades then it said the file was corrupted and to reinstall which I did. then it said the file had corrupted the game itself and that needed to be...
  8. I just bought the $30 vault edition upgrade for Mw3, do you really need the digital version...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought the $30 vault edition upgrade for Mw3, do you really need the digital version...: I hope i didnt pay $30 for nothing, if there isnt a way for it to work because I have the disk could i refund it? 21a5bcd7-e719-4134-aea9-ae91414d8620
  9. When season 1 dropped in mw3 it had the vault edition upgrade before it, how come the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When season 1 dropped in mw3 it had the vault edition upgrade before it, how come the...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 7505dcba-9a3d-4022-a04f-bfdfd3272d6d
  10. what do i get if i purchase mw3 vault edition as of december 2023

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what do i get if i purchase mw3 vault edition as of december 2023: So if i purchase Modern Warfare 3 vault edition would i still get the operator pack, soap, and zombie ghost, plus the like weapon vaults and stuff? or would some only be available for preorder?...