MW3 Season 1 update issue

Discus and support MW3 Season 1 update issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Season 1 update just keeps saying “download stopped” at 0%. I have done a soft reset and hard reset on my Xbox. I have even uninstalled the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by pete leyland, Dec 7, 2023.

1. pete leyland
    pete leyland Guest

My Season 1 update just keeps saying “download stopped” at 0%.

I have done a soft reset and hard reset on my Xbox.

I have even uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall, but the game will not load until the update is complete.

I can’t access MW3 or MW2 and there doesn’t seem to be any official help from the developers.

I don’t know what else I can try.

Does anyone know what to do to solve this issue?

:)

pete leyland, Dec 7, 2023
  2. pete leyland Win User

Hi

I’ve come back to online gaming after being away for 4 years. If this is what happens with digital game downloading, where your game gets corrupted by a developers update, with no customer back up and being left to fix this problem by myself, I think I may cancel my Xbox Ultimate and Gamepass accounts and leave online gaming. I’m really angry with this situation. I left a message on the ACTIVISION site yesterday and currently heard nothing back from them.
  3. pete leyland Win User

Hi Oskayra

I’ve performed 2 factory resets and the same problem is still there. I have looked at the ACTIVISION site and left a message but I’m really upset that I’ve paid £100 for this game and their update has stopped it from working.
  4. pete leyland Win User

Hi Oskayra

I’ve just tried using the mobile app but the same thing is happening. Just keeps saying “download stopped “.
  5. Hoskayra Win User

First keep in mind that in this public forum we are just gamers like you trying to guide and help other gamers. We are not Microsoft employees.

As for your comment about your Xbox Ultimate and Game Pass accounts being cancelled, I understand your frustration.

You have tried everything and I doubt anyone else on the forum can give you an answer to this error because it is beyond the scope of us as gamers and usually these types of errors are handled by support.

The best thing to do is to contact Microsoft support, they are the only ones who could help you. You can report the problem through the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact?SourceApp=smcivr1

Navigate to the search bar and enter your problem. Press Enter or click "Get Help". Log in to access the support options. Choose the appropriate product, select the appropriate category and confirm your selection. The system will provide you with support options to assist you.

Also if your problem persists if you wish I can release your question for someone else on the forum to answer if you wish of course.
  6. pete leyland Win User

Hi Oskayra

I think I’ll try the Microsoft link, as I’ve tried everything else. There are other people online that are experiencing the same issue as me. So I keep checking online forums as well for a solution. I just feel that ACTIVISION should do more to help really.

Thank you for all the help you have provided.
Thema:

1. MW3 Season 1 update issue - Similar Threads - MW3 Season update

2. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  3. My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc: VALORANT VCTA AMD Ryzen 7 7700 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB 1TB I just bought. I play cod mw3 and my graphics were glitching really bad and my game freezes and crashes. I tried...
  4. Frozen update now mw3 will not load, error code 80070490

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frozen update now mw3 will not load, error code 80070490: I went to apply the newest update for mw3 on 4/9/24 and when the update started it began downloading then suddenly froze for more than 5 minutes. My internet wasn't the issue and I restarted the...
  5. Issue downloading MW3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue downloading MW3: I have the xbox one S. I have a 180 hz monitor. I've changed the settings to 120 hz on the xbox. However, it won't let me download the call of duty X/S version. It keeps downloading the basic call...
  6. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  7. call of duty MW3 wont run due to a fault in the; ucrtbase.dll file.

in XBoX on Windows
    call of duty MW3 wont run due to a fault in the; ucrtbase.dll file.: Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty HQ\cod.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll error thats appearing in my event viewer....
  8. Tell me why there are hackers on COD (Old) Xbox 360 MW3 Lobbies?

in XBoX on Windows
    Tell me why there are hackers on COD (Old) Xbox 360 MW3 Lobbies?: One hacker by the name of [mod removed] reset my ranking from Level 29 to Level 1 and now every single loadout is flushed down the drain. I am really sick of seeing these people on XBL and that I...
  9. When season 1 dropped in mw3 it had the vault edition upgrade before it, how come the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When season 1 dropped in mw3 it had the vault edition upgrade before it, how come the...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 7505dcba-9a3d-4022-a04f-bfdfd3272d6d
  10. Will Warzone 2.0 get season 7 after the launch of MW3?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will Warzone 2.0 get season 7 after the launch of MW3?: Will Warzone 2.0 get season 7 after the launch of MW3? 03ccdf30-4b93-4a9c-ba67-6d9e7e1edda2