MW2 won’t load for my gamertag but will for another

Discus and support MW2 won’t load for my gamertag but will for another in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I try and load MW2 but it dashboards to the homescreen but if I use a different gamertag it works 7a4d8a1b-9f11-4d81-bb3c-ca1692c393a3 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Angel Padilla3, Feb 16, 2023.

1. MW2 won’t load for my gamertag but will for another

I try and load MW2 but it dashboards to the homescreen but if I use a different gamertag it works

:)

Angel Padilla3, Feb 16, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Let's try to remove and re-add your profile, Angel:

" REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​"
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Mw2 won’t load

Hi Alex, sorry to hear that

And what about using a different Wi-Fi network?
    Did you already tried that?
    If not, you can share mobile data via Wi-Fi hotspot and connect the console in that way

————

If maybe that doesn’t work, try disconnecting all the USB accessories from your console, and eject the disc in case you have a game inserted in your console.
    After that restart the console and give it a new try

If the issue persist the best option is reach Activision support, maybe a new update caused this problem
    https://support.activision.com/options
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Mw2 won’t load

Thanks for the extra information Alex
    This can be a bit odd but try this:

A. Use a custom DNS address:
    go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.
    If that doesn't work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary

B. Clear your MAC address
    Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address
    Select Clear, restart your console and give it a new try

C. Try using a completely different Wi-Fi network in your console
    For this purpose you can share mobile data via Wi-Fi hotspot and connect the console in that way

By the way, what’s your NAT type?
    Please double check that via console settings > general > network config
  5. Alex Marchant1 Win User

Mw2 won’t load

Hi there I have an Xbox series X I’ve checked all game adds on there all fine I’ve cleared the cache on the game also done a hard reset of the Consol as well , I’m I load up call of duty vauguad and that work fine it’s just seems to be then new mw2

I
  6. Alex Marchant1 Win User

Mw2 won’t load

Hi there thanks for your time but still no luck tried everything you said and my NAT type says open earlier I even brought the vault edition pack and thought that would work but no

Thanks again
Thema:

1. MW2 won’t load for my gamertag but will for another - Similar Threads - MW2 won’t load

2. mw2 and fifa 23 won’t update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mw2 and fifa 23 won’t update: my mw2 wouldn’t launch, so i did what the game said and deleted and tried to reinstall, but it won’t reinstall saying it needs and update and when trying to update says installation stopped....
  3. Why won’t my mw2 disc load!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my mw2 disc load!!!: So I just bought a Xbox 360 mw2 disc from GameStop and when I put the disc into the disc reader on my Xbox one s it doesn’t show up as a disc is in the tray. I even tried going onto the Xbox app...
  4. Since downloading the new mw3 my mw2 has gone and won’t install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Since downloading the new mw3 my mw2 has gone and won’t install: [img] This is a pic showing the issue 9ded2f74-bb9f-45ce-b10d-ab5b598474da
  5. My game play on MW2 DMZ on XBox won’t allow me to load my insured weapons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game play on MW2 DMZ on XBox won’t allow me to load my insured weapons: My game play on MW2 DMZ on XBox won’t allow me to load my insured weapons in my slots I go onto DMZ without my weapons. 38403e18-dd65-4042-b865-ac6c406a5176
  6. CoD MW2 for 360 won’t connect to live on my Xbox series x. My network is fine but all my bc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    CoD MW2 for 360 won’t connect to live on my Xbox series x. My network is fine but all my bc...: It won’t work and is very annoying 795ca365-c26c-4b57-8890-8c9bde20a57d
  7. Mw2 won’t let me press A to get into the game, seen a few people talking about this but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mw2 won’t let me press A to get into the game, seen a few people talking about this but...: Mw2 won’t let me press A to get into the game, seen a few people talking about this but almost a month ago. Anyone find a fix I’ve tried everything 8a6bfd5b-d2e8-4a3f-bfac-b462a4b9d11d
  8. When I load MW2 up at my main screen on my Xbox one it says press A and it won’t allow me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I load MW2 up at my main screen on my Xbox one it says press A and it won’t allow me...: Xbox one won’t launch mw2 c0e51ad7-08ce-43a0-81b2-8508cedce116
  9. Cod MW2 - press A to start won’t load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod MW2 - press A to start won’t load: When I click onto call of duty mw2, it loads all the way but when it says “press A to start”, it won’t let me and will not load further into the game. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling!...
  10. Mw2 won’t load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mw2 won’t load: I’ve brought mw2 and been playing it fine and Warzone till about a week ago and now when I go to start the game up it starts to load then crashes back to Xbox Home Screen. I’ve done a hard reset...